one person you need to beat in weight loss - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

one person you need to beat in weight loss

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 ghostlyalien

ghostlyalien

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationEaston, PA, USA

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:03 PM

So I have this cousin I hate. It’s a long story but she repulses me. On top of that, she’s really thin. She’s naturally thin but she’s lost a bit of weight. I feel like I’m in a competition with her. Like I HAVE to be thinner than her. That would make me better than her. Do you have anyone like that in your life?
  • Velvetbunny, oddollie, g.lina and 1 other like this

I'm going to get skinny or die trying

CW: 167.5 lb - BMI 31.6

HW: 216 lb - BMI 40.8

LW: 116 lb - BMI 21.9

:wub: GW: 104 lb - BMI 19.6  :wub: 

giphy.gif

#2 chokingonholywater

chokingonholywater

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • Locationhell i think

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:09 PM

my one friend whose entire family is made of fit freaks, she's def got an ED but wont admit it to me, even though she knows i've had/currently have one. i feel bad for encouraging her to be healthier w her food/exercise habits bc i feel like my ulterior motive is to be skinnier than her even though i also genuinely want her to be healthy

• ghostlyalien likes this

hw: 159lbs

lw: 104lbs

cw: 112lbs

bmi: 18.1

be good to yourself!!

#3 Rezidiv

Rezidiv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:11 PM

My boyfriend's ex girlfriend. She is so slim and tiny, got a perfect style and a beautiful face. She is just gorgeous and actually I'm so jealous of the way she looks. I know it's dumb but my aim is to get thinner than her, I'm a fool..

• ghostlyalien, skinny_racer and Aphroditeee like this

BP-II, sh-er, ED </3

Relapses happen.

Height: 5,5

CW: 120 116

HW: 125,6

LW: 88

GW: 103

UGW: RIP

#4 confused.comm

confused.comm

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:18 PM

Theres a bunch of people like that to me. But theres also this one girl whos a lot larger than me who im friends with, and a few months ago when i was at my HW she started talking about having an ED, and while i was supportive and listened to everything she said, it all came off a little bit 2014 pro-ana tumblr-y. I met her after i recovered, and shes only ever seen me at my HW, and so while she was going on about all this super triggering stuff i didnt want to mention my history with it all, but now ive relapsed and i kind of want to wait until im noticeably skinny before i see her again. That sounds so bitchy as im typing it, but dont worry i still check in on her and her eating and im here for her 100%..... but idk. Its also kind of a different thing to this thread but it motivates me a fair bit lol oops x

• paperaeroplane, ∆Lemon∆, oddollie and 2 others like this

​Sw: 155 (bmi 21.6)  Cw: 121.2  (bmi 16.9)

Gw: 116 (bmi 16.2)  Ugw: 108 (bmi 15.1)

​5'11 Female x

#5 ChibiBunny

ChibiBunny

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3158 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:20 PM

Is everyone an option? Is myself an option? I feel like I'll never be thin enough, but right now I feel like I need to beat my previous lowest weight.

• Karebear2, bluefingered, MotionlessMin and 1 other like this

Currently trying to beat my lowest BMI and get down into the single digits so I can maybe finally feel worthy of recovering.

Feeling like a failure in every other aspect of life so I'm just waiting until I can destroy myself without interruption. 

#6 flowerfae

flowerfae

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:28 PM

My one friend who eats so fucking much but literally loses. She's been my best friend since we were 6 and she has the fastest metabolism I have ever seen, it pisses me off because even with an eating disorder I'm still fatter than her. She's my height and enjoys the same things as me (creating art and music) and she has everything I'd want, a boyfriend, style and artistic talent. One time our friend group were sharing our weights (we were discussing health i think) she said she was 97lbs and everyone was like 'omg that's so low! be careful!' and I didn't even bother sharing mine or embarrassing myself. One day I'll be thinner than her.

#7 Katie Katie

Katie Katie

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2731 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:31 PM

My little sister. I love her so much, but ever since she became skinny she always complains about not being able to gain weight even though she had been chubby all her life.
  • paperaeroplane and mashunya like this

#8 cokecaiin

cokecaiin

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:34 PM

this stupid bitch from my school. she’s skinny, has ed traits but is only skinny because she has a chronic illness that makes her shit her brains out or whatever. she’s not losing weight and i’m already lower than her but it’s nice to keep going
  • aj191817 likes this

hw: 55kg

lw: 31.4kg

cw: 42kg 

gw 1: 40kg

gw 2: 35kg 

gw 3: 28kg

164cm

#9 Seitan

Seitan

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6047 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 27 June 2020 - 02:58 PM

I feel competitive easily, or kinda milder feeling, but sometimes it get stuck in my head for some time.
BMI:17,3 :c
~*~*~♥~*~*~

enhanced-buzz-4974-1365460140-0.jpg

#10 Fragile.Flower

Fragile.Flower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:03 PM

This one friend from school, she is naturally very tiny and around one decimetre shorter than me but she always brags about being skinny so i wanna weigh less than her just because lol

tumblr-lpwdir-SVsi1qf6nfz.jpg

Height: 170 cm / 5'7"

CW: 47 kg / 103.6 lbs

GW: 45 kg / 99 lbs
UGW: ?? when i feel thin enough

tumblr-lpwdir-SVsi1qf6nfz.jpg

#11 Star Breather

Star Breather

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:23 PM

My best friend, and my partners friends pregnant girlfriend. I dont know why those two specifically, but also i hate how competitive this has made me. They're both such nice people why cant I just be chill smh

Honestly with my partners friends girlfriend it's just a thought of what if she does some post baby weight loss program and that I need to get a decent head start before she has the kid, even though I dont even know if shes even planning on losing the baby weight or not >.<

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

tumblr_inline_ovmd3uhxsJ1qmmncz_400.gif

#12 willofthescribes

willofthescribes

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:26 PM

my brother lmfao. bastard lost 100lbs and looks absolutely incredible
  • ∆Lemon∆, fragilewrist and aj191817 like this

#13 LardArse2492

LardArse2492

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:27 PM

So I had this best friend a few years ago, literally best friends for about 10 years. She was always bigger than me but near the end of our friendship she managed to lose quite a bit of weight and was almost the same size as me. I had a baby 10 months ago (lost 14kg so far) and I'm actually happy to see that this friend has gained a lot of that weight back. I need to hurry up and lose this baby weight and be smaller than her again!

#14 Salty_And_Sassy_Sarcasm101

Salty_And_Sassy_Sarcasm101

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2791 posts
  • Locationthe mindscape

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:47 PM

I have a friend at school who has an eating disorder, and she is so clearly disordered, I could tell she had anorexia on my first day. I never want to assume what people are struggling with based off of their appearance, but sometimes I can't help it, ya know? Anyways, people are always talking to her about how skinny she is, and I just wish I could be her. Or less than her. I hate that I think of people this way, because it's just upsetting to me that I always make myself enter competitions with people I care about, of who's sicker.

• fragilewrist likes this

“If you look in the mirror and don’t like what you see, you can find out first-hand what it’s like to be me”

Don't  mind me, just cruisin' in the ocean of  identity finding, all while trying to lose a fuck ton of weight.

Diagnosis: PTSD, Social Anxiety, General Anxiety, EDNOS, Depression

Stay safe!

🖤💜🖤

:Stats:

Height: 5'8.5"

Weight: 164 lbs (BMI 25 [ew])

GW 1: 130 lbs

GW 2: 115 lbs

GW 3: 100 lbs

GW 4: 95 lbs

UGW: 85  lbs / death(?)

Pronouns:

They / Them / Theirs

:Goal Body Features: 

Ribs showing prominently, hip bones jutting out, every spine segment showing, concaving stomach, bony arms, large thigh gap, chest practically disappearing, overall just a very malnourished and androgynous look.

line divider.

Null Drawing UwU

Eh

Eek

line divider.

#15 sophieshungry

sophieshungry

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Locationmaryland

Posted 27 June 2020 - 04:17 PM

one of my best friends. 

god it's so fucked up lol

she has bed (claims she used to have atyp. an. idk if i believe her bc i think she's just ashamed of her bed and thinks having a restrictive ed is "better". but what can you do yknow) and she's been losing some weight recently because her dad (who's a dick and won't get her actual help) has put her on this super strict diet and exercise regimen. 

she's heavier than me by a decent amount, and i feel like if she ever has a bmi lower than me i WILL die. so i've been trying to eat a little less than her every day so she'll never catch up. 

i'm a horrible person...

edit: also my girlfriend. she doesn't have an ed but she has disordered eating and she's constantly trying to eat less than me and i'm trying to eat less than her. we really need to break up.

• indicats likes this

WARNING: Don't feed the EDs!

#16 meee

meee

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 04:28 PM

my ex "best friend" thats the reason why i became obsessed with food 13 years ago...i look at her fb pics and compete...

• illia likes this
They yell at me because I can't see what they see. Nobody can explain to me why my eyes work different than theirs. Nobody can make it stop.

85ec0fd57537580e50a244cd7c989bab.png

NOT NATIVE AMERICAN SPEAKER

#17 lxttebaby

lxttebaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 04:28 PM

a girl i used to be friends with. we’re both the same height and have EDs and literally it always feels so competitive. she’s always asking how much i weigh and making comments on how she wishes she looked like me when i’ve lost more than her. our weight loss is always very close too. i’ve tried to stop being friends with her because it’s too much and it just makes me feel worse.
helped me get to my lw tho lol

#18 kmskmskmskms

kmskmskmskms

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:27 PM

my sister, i’ve always been smaller than her and i just feel this weird competition. also my best friend, she’s constantly talking about not liking food/“forgetting” to eat even tho she’s a healthy weight. we used to be around the same size, but now that i lost weight i’m way smaller than her and need to keep it that way... i sound like a bitch.

#19 94 hours

94 hours

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:45 PM

Everyone in my goddamn family, cousins and all. I just wanna be the thinnest one and not the "average" one who just always gets compared to everyone in a bad way.

One christmas my dad literally told me to look at my cousin and said "I wish you were more like her, she's skinny and has 2 degrees" The cousin I'm talking about is also like 11 years older than me and I was 16 at the time, so no wonder she had achieved more in life at that point. And I was borderline underweight too so yeah...

• Honey Noodle likes this

My pain is constant and sharp.

And I do not hope for a better world for anyone.

In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others.

I want no one to escape.

#20 stopit-ly

stopit-ly

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6994 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 05:50 PM

Anyone else with an ED I guess lol. Mostly just my mom though because she would brag about being less weight than whatever mine was at whatever age, even though it was legit like only 5 lbs. Then monitor my weight to make sure I wasn't ever less than she was during my life. I haven't seen her in 4 years but I'm gonna stay like 80 lb for the rest of my life so that I win, even if it's rediculous. Fuck her.

Sent from my dumb face using Tapatalk
[[[ fucking kill me ]]]
14 years with ED. Just another relapse.

◇High restriction◇

July:
♡♡/♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

STATS*:.~
Spoiler

Thinspo*:.~
Spoiler

~.:* Accountability/Food pics *:.~

0 user(s) are reading this topic