What protein powder do you recommend? - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

What protein powder do you recommend?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DizzyDoll

DizzyDoll

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:08 AM

I’m looking for suggestions for a raw appropriate protein powder I can add to my smoothies and whatnot. I’ve never used it. I don’t think I’m deficient In protein but I just started going raw after being vegan for over a year and gaining weight from it. I get too many carbs and too much fat but I’m vegan for animals and can’t go back to eggs and yogurt like I used to eat and according to MyFitnessPal I don’t get enough protein compared to my fat and carbs intake. Suggestions welcome. I’m lost and hate my body again and I don’t want to feel gross anymore like I have this year and want to eat food that doesn’t harm any animals.

#2 OfficialMelaniaTrump

OfficialMelaniaTrump

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10181 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:43 AM

I am not Vegan/Raw or anything, But I use Garden of Life protein powder at my house and I LOVE IT. So I really recommend it. I was a vegan in the past, and was using it back then as well. XD

It is basically the only Protein Powder I will buy. I really like the quality and smoothness of it and they used to carry an unflavored mix, which I would add to different recipes to get extra protein in.

I hope this helps!! :)

• DizzyDoll likes this

#3 DizzyDoll

DizzyDoll

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:20 AM

I am not Vegan/Raw or anything, But I use Garden of Life protein powder at my house and I LOVE IT. So I really recommend it. I was a vegan in the past, and was using it back then as well. XD

It is basically the only Protein Powder I will buy. I really like the quality and smoothness of it and they used to carry an unflavored mix, which I would add to different recipes to get extra protein in.

I hope this helps!! :)

Thanks so much! I was hoping I could find an unflavored one.
  • OfficialMelaniaTrump likes this

#4 OfficialMelaniaTrump

OfficialMelaniaTrump

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10181 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:43 AM

Thanks so much! I was hoping I could find an unflavored one.

Yep. I got the unflavored one from a grocery store out in CA. It was a small health foods store. I have not seen the unflavored one online ever though. 

OMG THEY ARE ONLINE NOW.

https://www.gardenof...tein/unflavored

I seriously love this stuff. I hope you do try it. :)

(obviously some are vegan and some aren't, so just check the label. I have had pretty much every type of protein they make though lol and I can say the quality is great across the board.)

• DizzyDoll likes this

#5 DizzyDoll

DizzyDoll

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 June 2020 - 12:28 PM

Yep. I got the unflavored one from a grocery store out in CA. It was a small health foods store. I have not seen the unflavored one online ever though.

OMG THEY ARE ONLINE NOW.

https://www.gardenof...tein/unflavored

I seriously love this stuff. I hope you do try it. :)

(obviously some are vegan and some aren't, so just check the label. I have had pretty much every type of protein they make though lol and I can say the quality is great across the board.)

Wow I really appreciate it! Thanks so much!
  • OfficialMelaniaTrump likes this

#6 Jolee88

Jolee88

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  • LocationBirmingham Mi

Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:58 AM

Unjury protein drinks are great . The name is weriod I know but it was the guys last name who invented it.
I have used them for a year on and off. The have an
unflavored one. Many post op ( stomach surgery & gastric bypass) people use because it’s so mild on your stomach.
You can only find it online.
I switched to Premier protein because it’s already made up and you can just grab one in refrigerator and go. Plus it’s
easy to find in Target, Walmart, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users