They Say Bulimia won't make you lose weight. - Page 3 - Bulimia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

They Say Bulimia won't make you lose weight.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#41 notbeast

notbeast

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:30 AM

I don’t know if I have bulimia or not but I purge through fasting or eating less after a binge and this just makes me lose and gain the same 2-4 pounds over and over so I guess you could say I’m maintaining.

Sounds like bulimia to me, vomiting is only one aspect of this illness

#42 tielcas

tielcas

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Locationsomewhere with my fingers down my throat

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:41 AM

I lose the same 40 lb in the space of like, 2 months with bulimia. Then I try to recover and gain it back, it's a cycle! This is the first time I've lost the 40lb and kept doing, recovery isn't really in sight for me so let's see where this goes lol.

source.gif

#43 Emy.a

Emy.a

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1530 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:54 AM

I lost 40lbs in 4 month... so it freaking works...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Height: 5'7

HW - 151 lbs

CW - 125 lbs

LW - 107 lbs

GW1: 120 lbs

GW2: 115 lbs

GW3: 110 lbs

GW4: 105 lbs

UGW - 100 lbs ... 99lbs looks really good too tbh :-)

Blog - https://www.mentally...th-a-challenge/

#44 activecheesecake

activecheesecake

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1576 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:28 AM

it works for weight loss but not for me, lost at first then gained so much weight. it was mostly because i was keeping some of the food in

BODY CHECKS

CW: idk probs 110

HW: 150

GW: 88

Accountability

#45 NarwhalPuppy

NarwhalPuppy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationCouch

Posted 06 July 2020 - 01:50 AM

It’s been off and on. After my husband and I split up in 2014, I developed bulimia. 2016 I had went from 220lbs down to 93lbs. So I lost over 100lbs. I didn’t really exercise at all.

I got back with my husband in 2018, and was in recovery for a year until my dog passed away. Then I relapsed and went from 175 to 150. I slowly got back into recovery but that didn’t last but a week.

Just my freaking luck, my husband passed away a few months later after my dog did. Early 2019.

Now, I’m at 110lbs.

#46 SanguineBones

SanguineBones

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:10 AM

If you count exercise as purging, then I lost down to my lw doing exercise to counter my eating, usually the normal-meal eating. I would burn maybe 1000 to 1500 kcal a day 5 or 6 times a week. When I stopped exercising, my weight crept right back up because I was doing emotional binging. It took some time to start vomit as purging. But that were more weight maintenance for me, because I only vomited the actual binges, not every morsel of food I ate. the exercise purging was the only way I could get my weight back down because I would make a big deficit. I suck at restriction, and I don't want to vomit up everything because of my teeth.

med_gallery_1332087_67217_251891.png
Instagram: @SanguineBones

Discord: SanguineBones#2338

ugw: 83 lb

#47 Bunny Bunny

Bunny Bunny

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 12:00 PM

It depends on:

1.) How much you keep down when you're not purging

2.) The methods you use to purge

3.) How efficient you are at purging

For instance. When I'm keeping down only 500 calories and binging/purging, I'm losing weight. Not so much if I'm eating at maintenance and binging/purging on top of that. 

The only way to make sure for certain that you're getting rid of all the calories is through exercise or prolonged restriction/fasting to compensate. Purging by vomiting works, but is unreliable if you have a weak gag reflex. Laxatives don't do anything for calories; they only get rid of water weight in the short-term.

• Kikkan_Lollicc likes this

You can also find me on: www.mypancakeaddiction.com. Join us :D

#48 gothmoonbaby

gothmoonbaby

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 04:52 PM

you probably won’t lose weight if you eat ‘normally’ outside of b/ping. i had lost weight from it because i was restricting and b/ping. like another person had said, purging really just *prevents* weight gain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users