Binge eating from stress caused by boyfriend - BED Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Binge eating from stress caused by boyfriend

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HumblenessTrick

HumblenessTrick

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationVersailles, France

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:13 PM

My boyfriend has a manipulative personality and makes me feel like invalid in a lot of things I do and say. It’s hard to explain in a short way but it’s very emotionally manipulative. It’s caused me to gain so much weight. And now he’s saying that my weight is bothering him and causing him to be less sexual with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • activecheesecake likes this

#2 Coffee_Addiction

Coffee_Addiction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationCheshire, England

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:40 AM

Hey, it is not my place to say this but I really think, for your mental health, you need to seriously consider this relationship... 

I completely understand that it is easier said than done, I have been in relationships like this previously where mental abuse turned to physical. 

Please be safe and do not listen to him, you are beautiful! 

• TryingNotDying, blondeintheback, equinekayla and 4 others like this

I'm at the stage where the only thing I have left to lose is weight

Current Weight: 226lbs (18/06/20)

First Goal: 200lbs

Second Goal: 190lbs

Third Goal: 180lbs

Ultimate Goal: 150lbs

#3 TryingNotDying

TryingNotDying

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:45 AM

I agree with the above person; there is so much kindness out there for you and I don’t think you should spend time with an unkind/cruel person. Your boyfriend is showing serious red flags and is hurting you emotionally!! Think about letting him go so you can make more room for kindness and kind people in your life.
  • Coffee_Addiction and Princess Daisy like this

Spoiler

#4 activecheesecake

activecheesecake

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1581 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:35 AM

I really hope you break up with him. I'm assuming you have a low self-esteem/worth and feel like you deserve those comments, but no you don't, you deserve better. Don't let him entrap you in a binge cycle. It'll be way harder to break out of it in the future. I hope you prioritize your mental health over some random guy.

• Princess Daisy and cloudforest like this

BODY CHECKS

CW: idk probs 110

HW: 150

GW: 88

Accountability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users