Starting Nicotine Gum Tomorrow - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Starting Nicotine Gum Tomorrow

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Flower Kid

Flower Kid

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:24 PM

I bought nicotine gum recently to quit vaping and I’m hoping it still has the same effectiveness and makes my appetite disappear. Does anyone have any experience with Nicotine gum?

#2 Katie Katie

Katie Katie

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2731 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 June 2020 - 10:46 PM

I used it quite a lot last year. It's vile, I always take half of it and chew it together with normal gum to make it taste better. Not sure about appetite suppression, but it works as a surprisingly good laxative.

#3 NoFlyBy

NoFlyBy

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2642 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 29 June 2020 - 11:10 PM

I've chewed it for a little over a year now. I'm not really sure how much it helps with restriction, beyond how any gum would help (having something in my mouth), but it's the only thing that pulls me out of really bad funks. Idk how I lived through some of those moods before.

Doesn't matter where I've been. Only where I am, and where I'm going. Losing until I like how I look and feel satisfied.

Car enthusiast
Obsessed with walking
An island, sometimes paradise, sometimes deserted
My cat and my car are the only entities I'll ever truly trust and rely upon lol

Spoiler

5.6.5 🌼 HW 156.6 🌼 LW 113.6 🌼 CW 118.8 🌼 GW 106 🌼 UGW 97 🌼

🌼 16.9 🌼

🌼⭐🌼

🌼

6/7 118.8

What a shame, until my CW is always my LW/UGW.

#4 sesame

sesame

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3422 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:33 AM

I don't know the effect on appetite, but I used nicotine gum to get through the bar exam. It keeps the withdrawal away. But it takes longer to work than vaping and you'll probably still want to vape. I thought it actually tasted pretty nice, kind of minty and peppery.
5'4" i3NIm4.png<p>

Accountability

#5 rabbitlimbs

rabbitlimbs

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 03:40 PM

leaves a weird taste but as long as you only chew it sometimes it’s ok just don’t smoke while chewing gum

#6 honeylove

honeylove

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:18 PM

Haven't tried it (yet) but a friend of mine has and he told me you have to put it in your bottom gums after chewing it up so it enters your bloodstream and you don't just swallow everything. Not sure how true that is but just a tip 

5'2

SW: 145

CW: 111

LW: 101
UGW: 90 ?

#7 LuciMorningstar

LuciMorningstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:08 AM

Never worked for me - recently started using Nordic Spirit (nicotine pouches that go under your lip) and they've been reaaally good for quitting. Went from 20 a day to 0 straight away, been working for the past 4 weeks :)

#8 beatle

beatle

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1336 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:15 AM

Never worked for me - recently started using Nordic Spirit (nicotine pouches that go under your lip) and they've been reaaally good for quitting. Went from 20 a day to 0 straight away, been working for the past 4 weeks :)

do they taste nasty and are they cheaper than vaping/smoking?

fuck signature culture

#9 LuciMorningstar

LuciMorningstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBrighton, UK

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:20 AM

do they taste nasty and are they cheaper than vaping/smoking?

They're £6.50 for a packet in the UK, and smokes are about £12 a pack, plus they last much longer as you can keep them in for about an hour at a time. The flavour's mild (either menthol or wild-berries), but the first few times using them are pretty weird and take a little getting used to. If you order from their site you get your first pack for free (at least in the UK, I think)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users