im tired all the time and have no energy. - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

im tired all the time and have no energy.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Elisinhell

Elisinhell

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1422 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:17 PM

i high restrict (1400-1800) and get 7-8 hrs of sleep, vegan, eat a lot of whole foods and overall pretty healthy. it doesnt matter what i eat tho im so exhausted all the time. like lie down and take a nap. i exercise a lot and i feel like its the only thing that wakes me up a bit and i have a caffiene dependancy. i just want to not feel tired all the time. any tips?
(also eat a good balance of protein, fats and carbs)

5'4

CW: 117.5

Vegan for the animals

elisinhell.tumblr.com

*Disclaimer* If you know me please don't tell me

#2 Velvetbunny

Velvetbunny

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2487 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:25 PM

Mmm anemia?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

#3 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2207 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:31 PM

Low vitamin D.

I used to think that just the sunlight I'd get from walking outdoors was enough, but I tested in the teens when optimal is 50. I felt like shit. Nothing I could do would give me energy.

​24 : 5'4

I'm after lower measurements and improving body composition.

Accountability: https://www.myproana...ntability-pics/ 

#4 activecheesecake

activecheesecake

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1557 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:33 PM

B12

BODY CHECKS

CW: idk probs 110

HW: 150

GW: 88

Accountability

#5 milktea18

milktea18

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 04:55 PM

Do you take supplements every day? Even if you eat a pretty healthy diet being vegan can often lead to deficiencies if you don’t take vitamins religiously. Could be iron, vitamin D, B12 complex or any number of things. Maybe get some bloodwork done? If you’re lacking something doctors can get you a prescription for it and you’ll feel much better in like 2 weeks

tenor.gif

#6 Elisinhell

Elisinhell

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1422 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:24 PM

i take a multivitamin everyday with “Vitamins A, D, E, niacin, B6, B12, biotin, iodine, and zinc”

5'4

Vegan for the animals

elisinhell.tumblr.com

#7 lissycakes21

lissycakes21

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:53 PM

i high restrict (1400-1800) and get 7-8 hrs of sleep, vegan, eat a lot of whole foods and overall pretty healthy. it doesnt matter what i eat tho im so exhausted all the time. like lie down and take a nap. i exercise a lot and i feel like its the only thing that wakes me up a bit and i have a caffiene dependancy. i just want to not feel tired all the time. any tips?
(also eat a good balance of protein, fats and carbs)

I feel this. I think mine is down to digestion/stomach distress so I might not be absorbing as much nutrients as I should. I had a blood test earlier for everything.

Maybe you're anemic? Do you still have periods?

LCx

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

HEIGHT: 5'9 (I'VE GROWN WTF)
CW: 118lbs

UGW: 112lbs
Yes, I'm a high restrictor; fight me.
Moist.

Sig. updated: 24/06/2020

#8 MindOverFatter

MindOverFatter

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2754 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:09 PM

i take a multivitamin everyday with “Vitamins A, D, E, niacin, B6, B12, biotin, iodine, and zinc”

Make sure you take your vitamin with food, ideally a dietary fat. That will help increase its absorption
  • Uncommonlygooood and Elisinhell like this

#9 Elisinhell

Elisinhell

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1422 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:50 PM

I feel this. I think mine is down to digestion/stomach distress so I might not be absorbing as much nutrients as I should. I had a blood test earlier for everything.

Maybe you're anemic? Do you still have periods?

LCx

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

i dont get my period anymore:( ive noticed lately my digestion is pretty shitty. i had my labs done like 6 months ago but ig there was nothing worisome.

5'4

Vegan for the animals

elisinhell.tumblr.com

#10 Elisinhell

Elisinhell

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1422 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:52 PM

Make sure you take your vitamin with food, ideally a dietary fat. That will help increase its absorption

ok! i usually take it on an empty stomach right when i wake up but ill try that! theyre the one a day fruit bite multis so theyre chews but ill try it!
  • MindOverFatter likes this

5'4

Vegan for the animals

elisinhell.tumblr.com

#11 MindOverFatter

MindOverFatter

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2754 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:56 PM

ok! i usually take it on an empty stomach right when i wake up but ill try that! theyre the one a day fruit bite multis so theyre chews but ill try it!

It's not a miracle fix, since vitamins take a little while to build up in your system, but hopefully if you start absorbing them better you'll notice some improvement soon. I hope you feel better!

#12 FailingPerfectionist

FailingPerfectionist

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:07 PM

Do you go outside for walks? It really makes a difference. I also get extreme tiredness, to the point where I can barely get out of bed let alone go for a walk, but I feel less groggy if I do something and get some fresh air.

Also, going to agree with everyone else on the thread. Take vitamins and minerals. Also, it's possible that when you had the blood test you weren't tested for everything that could be causing the tiredness. I phoned up the doctors a few weeks ago because of tiredness (didn't want to admit I was relapsing) and I was only given a full blood count and ferritin. It did turn out to be low iron but anything related to thyroid or other deficiencies wouldn't have shown. So yeah, I'd also keep contacting your doctor about it.

• g.lina likes this

tumblr_n85t4dxnea1tbm4w8o1_500.gif?w=500

#13 anemicat

anemicat

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 9528 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:20 AM

same, except I’m not vegan and I don’t exercise but I do have anemia so it could be that, I just admire you can nap because my anxiety be like NOPE
I hear greens are helpful but tbh I hate vegetables so idk
I drink lots of cold green tea & just embrace it
sounds silly if you’re tired but eventually other caffeine just causes problems or anxiety or dependency which can make you more tired

#14 MindOverFatter

MindOverFatter

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2754 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 03:04 PM

i dont get my period anymore:( ive noticed lately my digestion is pretty shitty. i had my labs done like 6 months ago but ig there was nothing worisome.

Maybe a round of quality probiotics might do you some good too? And make sure you take them at the optimal time of day/with or without food/store it properly (some probiotics need refrigeration). Just read the label for instructions

#15 Elisinhell

Elisinhell

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1422 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:22 AM

Maybe a round of quality probiotics might do you some good too? And make sure you take them at the optimal time of day/with or without food/store it properly (some probiotics need refrigeration). Just read the label for instructions

ill try them:)

same, except I’m not vegan and I don’t exercise but I do have anemia so it could be that, I just admire you can nap because my anxiety be like NOPE
I hear greens are helpful but tbh I hate vegetables so idk
I drink lots of cold green tea & just embrace it
sounds silly if you’re tired but eventually other caffeine just causes problems or anxiety or dependency which can make you more tired

I can't nap, I just feel like napping 24/7:(

Do you go outside for walks? It really makes a difference. I also get extreme tiredness, to the point where I can barely get out of bed let alone go for a walk, but I feel less groggy if I do something and get some fresh air.

Also, going to agree with everyone else on the thread. Take vitamins and minerals. Also, it's possible that when you had the blood test you weren't tested for everything that could be causing the tiredness. I phoned up the doctors a few weeks ago because of tiredness (didn't want to admit I was relapsing) and I was only given a full blood count and ferritin. It did turn out to be low iron but anything related to thyroid or other deficiencies wouldn't have shown. So yeah, I'd also keep contacting your doctor about it.

ive noticed exercising in the morning wakes me up but I still crash around 11. Im outside for a good amount of time, usually like 4-6 hours a day id say. 

• anemicat and MindOverFatter like this

5'4

Vegan for the animals

elisinhell.tumblr.com

#16 Behappy:)

Behappy:)

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts