Ok, but how many calories are in sushi? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Ok, but how many calories are in sushi?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 activecheesecake

activecheesecake

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1557 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:41 PM

So I'm eating sushi with my mom tonight and I know that online sources state that avocado rolls are 160 cals, cucumber is 140 cals, and cucumber avocado is 250 cals but are they really??? I just don't believe it, they have to be more. 

BODY CHECKS

CW: idk probs 110

HW: 150

GW: 88

Accountability

#2 SPIRITANIMAL

SPIRITANIMAL

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:45 PM

my advice if you want the lowest cal option, go with sashimi... i know salmon is 20 cals per piece of sashimi and that's the going amount for most sashimi pieces. i always get miso soup, seaweed salad, and sashimi because it's so low cal and high in protein and good fats

Ultimate Goal Size:

23-24 inch waist or less

33-34 inch hips or less

36C bra size (my rib cage is 36 inches without fat) or less

UGW:

97lbs

#3 activecheesecake

activecheesecake

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1557 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:53 PM

my advice if you want the lowest cal option, go with sashimi... i know salmon is 20 cals per piece of sashimi and that's the going amount for most sashimi pieces. i always get miso soup, seaweed salad, and sashimi because it's so low cal and high in protein and good fats

Thank you for the advice! But I’m vegetarian unfortunately so my options are limited. :( I’ll eat some seaweed salad.

BODY CHECKS

CW: idk probs 110

HW: 150

GW: 88

Accountability

#4 8Billion

8Billion

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1348 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:11 PM

depends on the sushi tbh

"Set your mind on a definite goal and observe how quickly the world stands aside to let you pass"

#5 kmskmskmskms

kmskmskmskms

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:18 PM

the grocery store near my house puts their cals on the label and it says 300 for an avocado cucumber sushi roll so i go by that.

#6 Ellakatt

Ellakatt

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:22 PM

Depends on the sushi. 30-45 calories per roll seems to be the average, if you stick with basic things like veggie rolls or california rolls instead of more adventurous ones , you should be alright. Sauces and other things can really add up. 

Sushi places use imitation crab, which actually isnt very high in calories..

LW: 90 (BMI 15.8) 

HW: 156 (BMI 27) 

CW: 120 (BMI 21) 

GW: skeleton 

H: 5'3.5 

#7 Bee 💕

Bee 💕

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8710 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 30 June 2020 - 07:47 PM

Not sure if it's accurate but ... the calories are similar to the ones you found

Sushi-Nutrition.jpg

TQodFuPtIQxl.gif

Stats :

Spoiler

3341523e9824jgkrd.gif

#8 Lisajayne93

Lisajayne93

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1281 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 30 June 2020 - 11:56 PM

Most sushi isn’t bad at all! I made sushi the other night and weighed everything out to make sure it was all right. Teriyaki chicken, avocado and kewpie mayo came out to 305 per roll (which came out to about 10 pcs) and tuna mayo and cucumber was about the same, just under from memory. I could restrict on sushi for daaaaaays. Number 1 safe food and also happens to be my favourite food outside ED too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5'0

HW: 67kg | LW: 43kg | CW: 50kg | GW: 46kg

#9 Cofffeeaddict

Cofffeeaddict

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:23 AM

I only eat vegetarian sushi as well, and I believe the calories you found are correct, it's what I go by for veggie sushi, sushi is kinda a safe food for me because I know it is nothing but raw veggies and some rice. Hope this helps!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users