Weird food habits that never went away? - Age 20+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Weird food habits that never went away?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 leviphael

leviphael

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:02 PM

I've had my ED since I was a teenager, with some phases of recovery in there.  But no matter how "recovered" I got, I still held on to some weird old ED habits that I don't think I'll ever lose. 

Example, Any time I eat canned or jarred fruit, I rinse it in a colander until the water runs clear.  I do it without thinking at this point and have given up on trying to hide it in front of people who know about my ED.  

What are some of y'all's?

Is that me or the fear talking?

I don't know anymore

#2 Kitten13

Kitten13

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:09 PM

I always sort my food by color and always choose a monochromatic color theme. Like if I go to a Chinese buffet I always go with foods that are a light brown/golden color and nothing else. I dont know why, bit after almost 20 years of this I just roll with it.
I also eat only one thing at a time. So if I have 3 items on my plate, say broccoli, baked chicken, and white rice, I will eat the broccoli first before moving on and do it with everything. Even if everything was cooked together like in a soup, I still eat one thing at a time.
I also unconsciously eat in odd numbers.
  • MilkWhiteDoll likes this

#3 ˚。⋆。˚ ˚strawberrytea ˚。⋆。˚

˚。⋆。˚ ˚strawberrytea ˚。⋆。˚

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • Locationhell

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:17 PM

I have to sort my food into dry, chunky/meat, and gravy-like.

#4 leviphael

leviphael

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:17 PM

I also eat only one thing at a time. So if I have 3 items on my plate, say broccoli, baked chicken, and white rice, I will eat the broccoli first before moving on and do it with everything. Even if everything was cooked together like in a soup, I still eat one thing at a time.

I do the same too!  Always have.  Tbh not sure if it started as an ED thing or an anxiety thing

• pastel twig and Kitten13 like this

Is that me or the fear talking?

I don't know anymore

#5 Katie Katie

Katie Katie

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2731 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:27 PM

I've had my ED since I was a teenager, with some phases of recovery in there. But no matter how "recovered" I got, I still held on to some weird old ED habits that I don't think I'll ever lose.

Example, Any time I eat canned or jarred fruit, I rinse it in a colander until the water runs clear. I do it without thinking at this point and have given up on trying to hide it in front of people who know about my ED.

What are some of y'all's?

I do that too! But not because of the calories, because the water/goo in cans is kinda gross. Beans are even worse than fruit.

#6 LostandDelirious

LostandDelirious

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 03:53 PM

I used to cut up things really small. I wish i did that now instead of eating like a pig haha i think i will bring that back now

#7 wastingmydays

wastingmydays

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 10:15 AM

For some reason I have to drink from a straw. I know it's super bad for the environment and I'm trying to make myself use reusable ones

Sent from my SM-G9700 using Tapatalk

157 cm (5'1.5) 

HW: 56 kg (124 lbs) [bmi 22.9]

LW: 34 kg (75 lbs) [bmi 14.0]

CW: *trying to recover?*  

50 kg

45 kg

40 kg

35 kg

#8 DeziAna

DeziAna

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 12:25 PM

If I have to eat in a group setting I cannot be the first one to take a bite and I always have to be the last one eating (never finish the entire plate)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users