What are your toxic reasons to lose weight? - Page 3 - Starting at a higher BMI - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

What are your toxic reasons to lose weight?

• Please log in to reply
623 replies to this topic

#41 lilibu

lilibu

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 11:34 AM

Isn't it more about the fact that they were mean/rude to you and that contributed to you becoming more mentally ill? surely that's the point you want to make - it isn't about concern, it's about cruelty? like, "look what your 'concern' made happen, that wasn't real love" sort of thing?

I don't think they meant to hurt me, they just didn't know any better. I wouldn't have known any better before I developed an ED either. They were not rude, they tried to be supportive by reminding me about "healthy choices". I guess they assumed I just forget sometimes and accidentally overeat. It's not an easy thing to grasp how can someone feel out of control in what they eat when the common sense tells them we are in control of our actions. It might have contributed, but it didn't start my behaviours. I'm trying to be the change I want to see - more understanding, less judgemental, being aware of reasons behind people's actions.

• Abbey84 likes this

5'8''

HW: 320

CW: 135

GW:110

#42 BeautyInTheMaking

BeautyInTheMaking

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 02:17 PM

My sister in law just reached 120 lbs. I'm 135, and I want to be smaller than her, despite the fact that she is like an inch shorter than me.

#43 liminall

liminall

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 July 2020 - 03:59 PM

because my friend lost weight and i want to be better than her lol

• Marthajones, Hatter and Skinnysunnydays like this

BbhHp9o.jpg

taylor  she/they

5'7"  ugw 95

#44 NLP

NLP

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2932 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:17 PM

I've been doing so much yoga thru Covid and now I'm really really strong.  I'll teach again when this is all over

I want my (male especially) students to say "she so strong, and have you seen how tiny she is!!!"

Wishful thinking maybe but I live in hope

• VioletSkyy likes this

Functioning dysfunctionally

#45 24hour_blues

24hour_blues

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • Locationprobably in bed

Posted 04 July 2020 - 04:22 PM

my cousin and i are the same age, grew up together with our mom’s constantly comparing us. she grew up to have “the perfect body” in society’s mind: very thin with a sizable butt and boobs, hourglass shape, tall with long legs. and i grew up to look (what i consider to be) painfully average. part of me wants to be thin so that i don’t look dowdy next to her, but prettier and more ethereal.

my best friend also has an eating disorder and was really skinny in high school. she’s gained weight since then and even though i think she looks beautiful that way, i want to stay thinner than her, to look even skinnier and taller when i stand next to her because she’s shorter than i am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

h: 5'4.5"

ugw: 104lbs

gw1: 120lbs || gw2: 115lbs || gw3: 110lbs

accountability

#46 daintyflowrr

daintyflowrr

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 08:41 PM

i wanna be skinnier than my friends

✧*:・゚✧ 5'8/173 cm ✧*:・゚✧ sw - 187 lbs / 85 kg ✧*:・゚✧ cw - 160 lbs / 73 kg ✧*:・゚✧ ugw - 110 lbs / 50 kg✧*:・゚✧

original.gif

#47 Futurelorengray

Futurelorengray

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:08 AM

To more easily attract a guy, to have more choice of guys. Incase my abusive ex ever sees me or a photo of me, so he regrets it and doesn’t just get to laugh and see me as a fat pig. To be noticeably smaller than two of my close friends (one bigger one slightly smaller) so I don’t feel like ‘one of the big girls’.

Girl preach
  • Skinnysunnydays likes this

#48 Cerressii

Cerressii

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationIn a field of sunflowers

Posted 05 July 2020 - 01:20 AM

I want to feel like my bf actually likes me
  • buzzlightyear, Tryptamine, (s)ilver(l)avendar and 3 others like this

#49 Alice Anomaly

Alice Anomaly

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2353 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 07:04 PM

I want to be skinny so that I can weigh less than anyone in any room I go into. Be the thinnest girl in the room. And I want to be able to be picked up by a boyfriend. I want to be the one that other women envy. And I want to be so thin that I look sick.

• Skinnysunnydays and Burneraccount2004 like this

~ "We're all mad here" ~

CW: 219 lbs - BMI: 32.8

HW: 250, LW: 157.5

5' 8.5"

250 / 37.5  -  200 / 30.0  -  180 / 27.0  -  165 / 24.7  -  140 / 21.0  -  130 / 19.5  -  120 / 18.0

Accountability: https://www.myproana...ey-to-thinland/

#50 Jer209180

Jer209180

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:05 PM

My sister weighs 40 pounds less than me and looking at her makes me want to be thinner than I can even dream of

#51 Dudedudedude

Dudedudedude

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:16 PM

Making thinner family members secretly jealous
  • coffeesamurai and littleladyrose like this

#52 dana000

dana000

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:41 AM

I want to freak people out (namely doctors). I want to be forcibly hospitalized because they are genuinely worried about me.

• Lloyd and (s)ilver(l)avendar like this
butterfly

*The link below shows a bmi calculator that compares both an old and new  calculation for bmi. Even though I think the new one is more accurate, my posts will be based off the original bmi calculation unless I say otherwise.*

http://www.healthywe...lators/new-bmi/

Height 4'10 

HW 214.8

LW 115

SW 214.8

GW1 190

GW2 170

GW3 150

GW4 130

GW5 110

GW6 90

GW7 82

UGW 70

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels."   - Kate Moss

At the end of the day you must PYP (Pick Your Poison). My poison has to be obsessing about my body and weight (basically obsessing about perfection) because without it I have low self esteem. I'd rather deal with the horrible mental state I receive when obsessing about perfection than the mental state I receive with my low self esteem. 

12521632.png

#53 perfectpickles

perfectpickles

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 07 July 2020 - 10:57 AM

I want to impress my friends when I return to college after quarantine. I want the fact that I've lost weight to be visible and noticeable where they can't really NOT notice

• buzzlightyear, BelieveInTheBiebs and R4DF3M like this

relapsed :) 55.6 lb lost since Jan 2020

BN diagnosed in 2014, an/bp behavior currently, probably technically EDNOS but who knows

SBMI: 33.0

HBMI: 33.0

CBMI: 24.0

LBMI: 24.0

g1: 22.6

ugbmi: 17.0

#54 vxcvxzdfgbvfd

vxcvxzdfgbvfd

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 01:02 PM

I want to hear your most toxic reason for wanting to lose weight. I have several but the one that has been the most motivation recently is that my boyfriend's ex was only 92 pounds. He told me that he likes my curves but his track record with women have always been petite. The fact that I'm twice her size disgusts me. I'm sure he'd love someone he could toss around but I weigh the same as him. 

This reminds me. My bf's ex was 86 pounds and by my boyfriends words she weren't that skinny and definitely not skinny at bottom (which was a compliment) and her HW was 103 

171cm

#55 BelieveInTheBiebs

BelieveInTheBiebs

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationGreat Ole USA

Posted 07 July 2020 - 07:16 PM

I want to impress my friends when I return to college after quarantine. I want the fact that I've lost weight to be visible and noticeable where they can't really NOT notice

Ughhh all of this, I really want to drop some weight so people will just notice me, and be like WOW this is what you were doing during quarantine! 

• Lloyd and perfectpickles like this

Don't do nothing unless you're all in it,

Come again each time 'til the water runs dry,

Don't do nothing unless you're all in it.

ACCOUNTABILITY

tumblr_n0jitpctxp1r91uyxo1_500.gif

Spoiler

#56 notalive

notalive

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 01:16 AM

i posted too many personal details so deleted it.

basically, to make my ex jealous. to make other people jealous.

am i the only one who hates the attention losing weight brings though? when someone asks if i've lost weight i just say "no i don't think so lol". I don't want anyone to notice haha

• PussyPamyuPamyu, skygazerkat, Abbey84 and 3 others like this

5'7

HW:220 LW:116 CW:168.6 BMI:26.4 GW1:200 GW2:190 GW3:185 GW4:175 GW5:170 GW6:160

accountability: https://www.myproana...low-my-journey/

#57 littleladyrose

littleladyrose

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:39 AM

A lot of my friends and my partners friends are tiny and petite. Just once, I want them to look at me the way I look at them.
I want them to think about how much weight I’ve lost and think about how small I am.

Well, that’s not totally true. I don’t want it to happen just once.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#58 Pinkblueberries

Pinkblueberries

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:51 AM

My husbands ex was and is much smaller than me. To be more like her. He compares me to her a lot so I just want to be seen as worthy.
CW-A Joke :angry:
GW1-160 -_-
GW2-155 <_<
GW3-150 ^_^ 
UGW-140 ;)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

#59 yikeskrispes

yikeskrispes

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:28 AM

Yesterday I would've said to be able to look like the naked girls my boyfriend jerks off to, they're all impossible skinny.

But he broke up with me so I guess now it's to make my ex regret breaking up with me and also to make him worry since he knew about my ED.

These aren't big reasons though, I've felt a relapse coming for a long time and these are just those small petty things we all have aha

• coffeesamurai, buzzlightyear and littleladyrose like this

#60 02kg

02kg

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:37 AM

well, one is to get back at family & some friends just to prove a point that being an asshole & comparing people isn't it. petty asf but watever

5'2 | 17 | ugw 90

dct0kvm-5c4a94f0-ac7a-44f8-a758-2456df37

ten hearts for june

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users