i was fed meat help m e - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

i was fed meat help m e

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sxicidxl.ghxst_

sxicidxl.ghxst_

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationLiteral Hell™️

Posted 04 July 2020 - 05:55 PM

okay so i was at my boyfriends place and they know im vegetarian but accidentally gave me something that had bacon bits in it but i felt super bad cause i always feel like a problem when people need to cook for me and ate it anyways

can i still consider myself vegetarian or no cause ouch there goes 5 months
  • closethedoor and DietLife like this

Spoiler

#2 DietLife

DietLife

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationIn the Alpha Quadrant

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:00 PM

I’m vegetarian, but if given meat by accident I don’t let it go to waste. I still consider myself vegetarian, because I don’t buy meat, support the meat industry, or get food with meat on purpose.

You’re still vegetarian in my opinion. If a carnivorous animal would eat one item of non-meat, you would still consider it a carnivore. Just like if a vegetarian consumes one item of meat in 5 months, their diet is still vegetarian.

• solstinox, anabluess, WineGum and 2 others like this

Left on July 7th, 2020, if anyone from the future ever reads this. It was an honor meeting you all.

My goodbye post: https://www.myproana...y-outroduction/

#3 sxicidxl.ghxst_

sxicidxl.ghxst_

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationLiteral Hell™️

Posted 04 July 2020 - 06:01 PM

I’m vegetarian, but if given meat by accident I don’t let it go to waste. I still consider myself vegetarian, because I don’t buy meat, support the meat industry, or get food with meat on purpose.
You’re still vegetarian in my opinion. If a carnivorous animal would eat one item of non-meat, you would still consider it a carnivore. Just like if a vegetarian consumes one item of meat in 5 months, their diet is still vegetarian.

thank you so so much <<33

Spoiler

#4 milliondolla

milliondolla

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 03:41 AM

I feel u my dad has accidently given me animal products so many times as a vegan and I was extremely upset n felt so betrayed, was definitely questioning whether I was still considered vegan. The internal conflict between wasting food bc of meat or not, was not fun

Of course u are still vege, u are still living the lifestyle and I hope u don't worry too much about it

Envoyé de mon CPH1607 en utilisant Tapatalk
  • ChefGumi likes this

cw: 44kg bmi: 14.9

hw:52kg bmi: 17.6

lw:43kg bmi: 14.5

B)

#5 Katie Katie

Katie Katie

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2731 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 July 2020 - 03:44 AM

Every vegetarian accidentally eats meat a couple of times, it's not your fault and you're still a vegetarian.

I stop eating it when I realize it though. You're not an inconvenience for not wanting to eat meat. People ought to respect that.

#6 sxicidxl.ghxst_

sxicidxl.ghxst_

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationLiteral Hell™️

Posted 05 July 2020 - 06:34 AM

I feel u my dad has accidently given me animal products so many times as a vegan and I was extremely upset n felt so betrayed, was definitely questioning whether I was still considered vegan. The internal conflict between wasting food bc of meat or not, was not fun

Of course u are still vege, u are still living the lifestyle and I hope u don't worry too much about it

Envoyé de mon CPH1607 en utilisant Tapatalk

Every vegetarian accidentally eats meat a couple of times, it's not your fault and you're still a vegetarian.

I stop eating it when I realize it though. You're not an inconvenience for not wanting to eat meat. People ought to respect that.

bless you guys <3 i really needed this i was beating myself up over it way too much

Spoiler

#7 ChefGumi

ChefGumi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • LocationHogwarts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 02:39 PM

I'm vegan and went thru similar issues as I transitioned from veg to vegan. We forget that being veg or vegan isn't a religion or a law. You've simply created the causes and conditions to personally care about this and that is awesome! Things like this are going to happen, but that doesn't strip your status of 'vegan' from you unless you want it to, imho.

Honestly, I feel so lucky every day to wake up still wanting to be vegan. For over twenty years, I've had this little day-brightener. I love it. I try not to let incorrect societal constraints ruin it for me.

• sxicidxl.ghxst_ likes this

CW: 157  :( 
GW1: 120
GW2: 110

UGW: 105 

#8 Nyg

Nyg

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:24 PM

You ate it anyway even though you knew there was bacon in it? Or am I reading this wrong? You felt bad because they went through the trouble of cooking so you ate it anyway makes it sounds like you chose to eat meat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users