finding the motivation to work from home - Age 20+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

finding the motivation to work from home

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Beakerr

Beakerr

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2916 posts
  • Locationthe lab

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:33 AM

i've just been so unmotivated, and it's so easy to just....... not work and focus on my ed and hang out here. i feel so guilty because i know i'm lucky to even have a stable job right now as a designer but also! i hate working! and like at least when i would go into the office peer pressure would keep me in check but i am alone and i could take a nap instead fml. how have you all been doing work-wise?

#2 mangoawaypls

mangoawaypls

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:37 AM

lol working from home has been the worsttttt. I absolutely need other people around me to keep me on track otherwise I just don't do anything. I have no advice for you, but yeah, you're not alone

• Beakerr and NLP like this

5'5

134,132,131,130,129,128,127,126,125,124,123,122,121,120,119,118,117,116,115,114,113,112,111,110

accountability

#3 NLP

NLP

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:41 AM

Oooh I feel ya!

I've been Furloughed and I'm DREADING going back coz I've spent my days in a bubble. fasting, eating (restricting) what I want, manically exercising, meditating, mooching thru this site, basically doing what the fuk I like, all self-centred stuff aiming at losing weight !

I'm meant to be working on a final paper for my exam and TBH I haven't even looked at it, sooooo unmotivated.

So to answer yr Q, in some ways, pretty damn good, but workwise,,,,, er, pass

• Beakerr likes this

Just another functioning anorexic, anorexically dysfunctioning.....

(♡) 

#4 Beakerr

Beakerr

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2916 posts
  • Locationthe lab

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:44 AM

lol working from home has been the worsttttt. I absolutely need other people around me to keep me on track otherwise I just don't do anything. I have no advice for you, but yeah, you're not alone

i love u

• mangoawaypls likes this

#5 JadeBirdFly

JadeBirdFly

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1065 posts
  • LocationNevada, US

Posted 09 July 2020 - 10:06 PM

I'm currently working from home (I work customer service in a call center) and for me its soooooo much better than being in the office. Mainly because its loud because there's 300+ people in the same room also I hate people. lol. But I can definitely understand what you mean. Ever since I relapsed, all I want to do is focus on my ED. I don't get enough time between incoming calls to really work out much and my work space doesn't allow for me to do anything while I'm actually on a call as I have to be glued to my keyboard and my desk is too short for me to stand but too tall for me to sit on the floor while I work and too shallow for me to do any leg workouts while I sit in the chair.

My job has been cutting hours like crazy, though and even though I'm dangerously close to not being able to afford my half of the rent, I still jump at the opportunity. I think last month I only worked about 60-75 hours TOTAL. At first it was because I JUST got married 3 months ago, so I wanted to spend all of my time with my new husband. Now I take as much time off as I can get so I can not only spend more time with my husband, but so I can spend all day scrolling through thinspo and MPA and not eat and work out.

So, yes girl, I feel your pain!! Why work when you can focus on more* important things. lol

----------------------------------------

Tumblr

Kik: Brokenwingssunkneyes

mJTdm7.png

HW: 167 (2020) LW: 117 (2011)

CW: 160.6 UGW: 110 (BMI 16)

#6 Beakerr

Beakerr

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2916 posts
  • Locationthe lab

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:50 AM

I'm currently working from home (I work customer service in a call center) and for me its soooooo much better than being in the office. Mainly because its loud because there's 300+ people in the same room also I hate people. lol. But I can definitely understand what you mean. Ever since I relapsed, all I want to do is focus on my ED. I don't get enough time between incoming calls to really work out much and my work space doesn't allow for me to do anything while I'm actually on a call as I have to be glued to my keyboard and my desk is too short for me to stand but too tall for me to sit on the floor while I work and too shallow for me to do any leg workouts while I sit in the chair.

My job has been cutting hours like crazy, though and even though I'm dangerously close to not being able to afford my half of the rent, I still jump at the opportunity. I think last month I only worked about 60-75 hours TOTAL. At first it was because I JUST got married 3 months ago, so I wanted to spend all of my time with my new husband. Now I take as much time off as I can get so I can not only spend more time with my husband, but so I can spend all day scrolling through thinspo and MPA and not eat and work out.

So, yes girl, I feel your pain!! Why work when you can focus on more* important things. lol

oh gosh i can't imagine working with that many people, i literally work with three people in person at the office. there are more people but they're in other offices in different cities. it's so weird trying to balance an ed and work from home. before it was like i would leave my ed at home and go out and do things and now i'm like...... how is this my life??

#7 JadeBirdFly

JadeBirdFly

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1065 posts
  • LocationNevada, US

Posted 10 July 2020 - 11:24 AM

oh gosh i can't imagine working with that many people, i literally work with three people in person at the office. there are more people but they're in other offices in different cities. it's so weird trying to balance an ed and work from home. before it was like i would leave my ed at home and go out and do things and now i'm like...... how is this my life??

Lol I’m having trouble figuring out how I managed my ED in my late teens and early 20s. Relapsing at 27 I’m like how tf did I do this before and why does it feel soooo much harder now?? It’s like I forgot how to eating disorder. Lol

Tumblr

Kik: Brokenwingssunkneyes

mJTdm7.png

HW: 167 (2020) LW: 117 (2011)

CW: 160.6 UGW: 110 (BMI 16)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users