Does anyone else feel like their ED is rubbing off on their s/o? - Age 20+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Does anyone else feel like their ED is rubbing off on their s/o?

Fasting relationships

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LowSugaredCherries

LowSugaredCherries

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:07 PM

Does anyone else feel like their ED is rubbing off on their s/o?

Ok so my boyfriend knows about some of my habits like fasting and low restricting and all that, but he's yet to realize it's an ED? He's been wanting to lose weight though and now he's started fasting and restricting too and I feel awful about it.

I've tried to talk to him about it, but he insists what he's doing is healthy which...sounds awfully familiar if you know what I mean. I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else and what you did.
  • SM_2 and Impulse_Control like this
I swear I'll Be What I Want Someday

#2 Fireflyfighter

Fireflyfighter

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 09:50 AM

ugh yes my stupid ed habits always end up third wheeling and my SO will start eating less from when i meet them and i always feel terribly guilty
  • Impulse_Control likes this

#3 Impulse_Control

Impulse_Control

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 July 2020 - 02:23 AM

I’m definitely worried about it. I try not to say anything out loud about anything weight or diet related anymore. Sometimes it’s hard because he’s the closest person to me and I’ll impulsively say something about my frustration. But I’ve notice that little by little he seems to be more vocally upset about his weight. We’ve both gained quite a bit since being together because of sheer happiness and personal comfort, but now I’m back in my ways and he calls himself fat.

Right now he still values pizza and macaroni way to high to consider going on a diet I think, but I’m worried it could progress. I mean hell I went from “I’ve never counted calories or cared about weight in my life and I eat a mountain of spaghetti for dinner” to eating 700 calories a day practically overnight. So I hope I don’t cause him to start to slowly absorb some of my habits.
  • Fireflyfighter likes this

+ 23y +

+ 5’6” +

+ CW 125 +

+ LW 112 +

+ GW 100 +

weight.png

#4 babycorn

babycorn

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 21 July 2020 - 12:06 PM

I've noticed that my boyfriend has been weighing himself more frequently and talking about the weight he's gained in quarantine. He's always been really skinny (he had a metabolic condition) and I think the weight gain and my ED are affecting him and I feel SO guilty. I thought sharing my disordered thoughts with him was a good idea because it always felt like I was keeping a huge secret from him but now I feel like I should have just not said anything. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users