yall bought any new books lately - Page 2 - Books and Poems - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

yall bought any new books lately

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 laurag98

laurag98

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 05:46 PM

Just got one called Choosing Life: https://www.amazon.c...toreType=ebooks

It's the third in a series about anorexia. Really good!

#22 seakissed

seakissed

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3821 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 04:21 AM

Besides the ones I bought for school, I bought The Star Rover (which I'm currently reading and loving) and Martin Eden by Jack London. Also bought In the Name of Identity by Amin Maalouf and Sea Prayer by Khaled Hosseini. 

nightingale, sweet-voiced messenger of spring

#23 BatDuck

BatDuck

your friendly neighborhood anorexic

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14330 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 07:38 AM

I bought even more >.< I bulk order books around the holidays as gifts for family members, but I can't help but get a few for myself.

So I got 

Pride and Pejudice by Jane Austen

The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins

Zodiac by Robert Graysmith

I'm trying to hold myself back from buying books faster than I'm able to read them 

#24 faeriepuke

faeriepuke

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Locationst ides heaven, usa

Posted 02 December 2020 - 06:09 PM

i actually just bought a kindle for books that i don't think i'm going to read more than once because i have too many hard copies and it's going to be such a pain when i have to move out

the only book i have on my kindle is my year of rest and relaxation by otessa moshfeigh lmao

other books i've bought this past month are pnin by vladimir nabokov, the song of achilles by madeline miller, the secret history by donna tartt, an oresteia by anne carson and middlesex by jeffrey eugenides... yeah i need to stop

#25 ahtohallan

ahtohallan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 06:36 AM

I bought The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie and The Ice Princess by Camilla Läckberg . :)

#26 Katie1597_

Katie1597_

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 December 2020 - 04:28 PM

Hahaha oh no. Here we go
So I bought all 3 books of the liveship traders by robin hobb
Then I’ve got a set of shadowhunters books by Cassandra Clare - the bane chronicles, tales from the shadowhunter academy and the ghosts of the shadow market
Legendborn and the once future witches came in a subscription box
And I’ve got the invisible life of Addie larue by v e Schwab pretty recently too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#27 jealousofthefrogs

jealousofthefrogs

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 December 2020 - 12:29 AM

I got 2, actually c: Mythology by Edith Hamilton, and The Dark by John McGahern

Mythology is awesome, the book is gorgeous and has most of my fav Greek/Roman Myths, and The Dark was an amazing, tragic and profoundly uncomfortable read. I love McGahern and relate intensely (hence the discomfort) to his stories. I've literally gone through some of the exact same scenes in this book, and said the exact dialogue (or near to it). My experiences growing up in rural Ireland weren't all that different to his it seems, despite them happening 70 years later

I also got "Nationalism and War, edited by John A. Hall and Siniša Malešević", but that's for Uni and probably not something I can talk about without writing a whole essay lol

"there are still faint glimmers of civilisation left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users