Kid snacks - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Kid snacks

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 LottieAna_

LottieAna_

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 July 2020 - 08:35 PM

So when my daughter comes back from her dads she’s always a bit unsettled (she’s 5) and needs to adjust being back home. Usually it’s her bed time routine that’s messed up. So I let her watch a movie with some snacks (crisps/popcorn) as she doesn’t usually get this kind of food. I had a handful because she gave me them and I feel like shit for it because I don’t know how many kcal it was but I know it put me over my limit today. She also made cookies with her dad and brought one back for me so I ate it and I have no idea what was in it. It’s nearly 3am and I’m still awake because I feel like shit and I’m so scared I’ll have gained in the morning.

How do you guys combat treats when your kid gives them to you?

#2 Achelois

Achelois

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 11:10 PM

I have a rule that if my kids make something for me, I eat it.  Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) my kids love to bake and they are proud of their creations.

#3 LottieAna_

LottieAna_

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 July 2020 - 02:45 AM

I have a rule that if my kids make something for me, I eat it. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) my kids love to bake and they are proud of their creations.

Waking up with a more clearer brain and better thought process I completely agree with you and also do this. I was just scared I’d have gained, but I’ve lost so I was in a panic for nothing! Thank you

#4 Achelois

Achelois

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 02:51 PM

I totally empathize with the situation.  You look at the food and they are so happy to make it and you think "f?ck".  Then you have to eat it and tell them how good it is.  It's both really endearing and an awful situation.  Having it be from her dad's probably adds to the drama?

#5 LottieAna_

LottieAna_

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 July 2020 - 05:29 PM

I totally empathize with the situation. You look at the food and they are so happy to make it and you think "f?ck". Then you have to eat it and tell them how good it is. It's both really endearing and an awful situation. Having it be from her dad's probably adds to the drama?

Yep. If I didn’t eat it for whatever reason I don’t want it to come across as it’s because it’s from him. When she makes batches of things I can usually trick her into eating them all throughout the week without having one but she just brought one home for me and two days later I’m still worked up about it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users