What IS a discord? - Age 20+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

What IS a discord?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dazed.and.confused

dazed.and.confused

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:54 AM

I see it everywhere but apparently I'm 26 going on 97 because I have no idea what it is! Is it more messaging or social media?

If I make one for ED purposes can people not from here find me??

Dont mind me I'm going to die in my sleep tonight from old age 不不不
  • ClumsyCat likes this

#2 thelostkitten

thelostkitten

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 812 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:56 AM

It's like a group messaging platform. You can invite people to your discord and it's basically a big Chatroom.

It would be difficult for someone to find you on it without having your discord ID number. So if it's for Ed purposes, I severely doubt anyone else would find you
Height : 5'7 / 170cm
Gw: 45-50kg

#3 dazed.and.confused

dazed.and.confused

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 11:59 AM

It's like a group messaging platform. You can invite people to your discord and it's basically a big Chatroom.

It would be difficult for someone to find you on it without having your discord ID number. So if it's for Ed purposes, I severely doubt anyone else would find you

Thank you so much! I was very confused
  • thelostkitten likes this

#4 pastel twig

pastel twig

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1040 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:04 PM

It's both for desktop and mobile (if you get the app).

You can either use it to send DMs, or you can create/join a "server." Servers have multiple themed "channels" such as "general chatroom," "selfie posts," and "art" etc. 

You can find servers to join by googling for different genres online. Just search something like "eating disorder discord."

And no, people can't find you unless you send them your user number. It can be as anonymous as you want, as long as you don't use your real name or give away identifiable details on public servers.

It's also honestly a great way to send personal messages to people, if you don't want to give them your phone number or email.

• thelostkitten likes this

AridImmaculateBluet-size_restricted.gif

thinspo

stats:

Spoiler

ACCOUNTABILITY: https://www.myproana...nd-body-checks/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users