Where to start when you are writing your site? - Age 20+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Where to start when you are writing your site?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lucifer122

Lucifer122

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:36 PM

I just don't know where to start.

#2 Albert6565

Albert6565

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:37 PM

There are many many options for that from building the server and code yourself to completely managed hosted sites. Costs will vary greatly. I'd suggest starting with something basic such as wixsites which is free and you don't have to really know the coding side, but you change get under the hood and write the code if you want.

#3 Black Star1

Black Star1

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:08 AM

A year ago, I asked the same question. I can advise you to create a site in Jira first, then you will need a host and domain name, and to protect your site, it would be nice to get an ssl certificate. You can get it here ssls.com , and you're all set.

#4 R4DF3M

R4DF3M

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:46 AM

are you writing one or just creating one? for writing one from scratch I usually 1 write down key features 2 sketch a layout 3 start writing the code for the layout and putting in buttons, links etc until that works (including responsive design) and then 4 work on the the specific features that aren't in the gui coding 

otherwise yeah visit one of the websites people suggested 

accountability https://www.myproana...ting-this-time/  :wub:

weight.png

GW1: 70kg

GW2: 65kg (BMI: 20,1)

GW3: 60kg (BMI: 18.5)

UGW: 55kg (BMI: 17,0)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users