Any psychology students from the UK? - Age 20+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Any psychology students from the UK?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 congresstart

congresstart

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 12:25 AM

Hi :) 

Although I'm from Sweden, I applied and got accepted to the BSc in psychology programme at some unis in the UK. My lifelong dream is to become a clinical psychologist, anyone in the same situation and how did you manage your ED along with the demanding studies? Becoming a clinical psychologist seems to be a very long road in the UK, 8-12 years and a doctorate! In comparison with the 6 years here in Sweden. Please share your experiences! 

5’7
Cw: 97 lbs

#2 Zeroquel

Zeroquel

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 3912 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:45 PM

Not UK, but studying psychology as well. I guess I won't become a therapist, but I am totally into research. Development, personality and society are my favorite topics :)

It's a diverse subject - What makes it at some points hard as you might have to learn interesting and not so interesting stuff as well and it's sometimes hard to get yourself off some fascinating studies to more dry topics. But it was my lifetime goal to study it and there are zero regrets, it was the best choice for me.

If you want some book recommendations, I can share. I am open for some as well. I can also recommend some Great Courses on Audible if you enjoy audiobooks. There are great ones to prepare for your lectures and listening to during homework.

• congresstart likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users