Blood pressure? - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Blood pressure?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gettingthinneroxo

gettingthinneroxo

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 10:29 AM

Does anyone suffer with low bp? I bought a home bp machine yesterday and it’s saying 85/45, is this overly low? Or could it just because I’m lay in bed etc..

#2 pombaby

pombaby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 July 2020 - 10:41 AM

that's extremely low ;-; make sure you drink lots of water and get electrolytes, it shouldn't be like that just from laying in bed...

make sure you're getting enough nutrients, too - a multivitamin (with B vitamins and iron especially) or focusing on foods with lots of vitamins & minerals will help. my blood pressure was 108/70 last time I checked and that's about the middle of the healthy range.

• gettingthinneroxo likes this

call me Pom or Rin! ^-^

height - 5'7 or 170 cm

cw - 111 lbs or 50.3 kg (also highest : ((( )

gw - ~90 lbs or ~40 kg

#3 Colour moving and still

Colour moving and still

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 11:48 AM

Does anyone suffer with low bp? I bought a home bp machine yesterday and it’s saying 85/45, is this overly low? Or could it just because I’m lay in bed etc..

Extremely low. Normal is 120/80. When u sleep blood drops so it it might be even lower

#4 Coma Divine

Coma Divine

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  • LocationNordic

Posted 20 July 2020 - 02:18 AM

Like people above said, that is below normal.

I have always had low blood pressure, runs in the family. It's around the same as yours and I've never had serious problems.

So good news is, low bp as such is not a problem. It can cause some issues, like dizziness or blacking out when standing up too quickly etc, but in general, having low blood pressure is not dangerous and you don't need to really do anything about it unless you feel it causes you trouble.

If you're worried, it's worth a visit to the doctor to make sure it's not caused by some underlying issue.

Leave no trace

All my files erased

Мама, мы все тяжело больны...

Мама, я знаю, мы все сошли с ума
Mama, we're all really sick...
Mama, I know we've all gone crazy

#5 8Billion

8Billion

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1372 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 08:54 PM

Used to until i megadosed b1 and now its around 100/60

"Set your mind on a definite goal and observe how quickly the world stands aside to let you pass"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users