where the fuck do I buy clothes now ? - Males with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

where the fuck do I buy clothes now ?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Arkangel

Arkangel

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1251 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 July 2020 - 05:30 PM

I've never been this small before, I'm having serious trouble finding affordable clothing (mostly pants) under size W28. I really don't want to end up buying jeans from the childrens section but when even zara doesn't carry anything smaller than size W30 pants it seems like hope is lost.

tumblr_inline_nyz75stzK61tengrp_500.gif

Never bring a spork to a gunfight

#2 impmon

impmon

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8137 posts
  • Locationtexas

Posted 19 July 2020 - 05:41 PM

aliexpress

twatter

5'3/73 lbs/actually worst personality

c1871d71efdbe57cbf14b067d6b54b4cc13a1972

bwoop

please

#3 Arkangel

Arkangel

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1251 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 July 2020 - 05:53 PM

aliexpress

aw hell no

ordering clothes from the web is my least favorite thing, I'm very particular about fabric feelings and materials, it's basically a nightmare

#4 Starduss

Starduss

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2911 posts
  • LocationThe bottom of the Baggie

Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:06 PM

Kids clothes are very cute and grown up looking now. I've been wearing little boy suit pieces for years and people are always like "Omg. Where did you get that!?!?". If you don't mind me asking, why wouldn't you want to wear the kids clothes that are actually stylish?
  • ChrisRobin likes this
pfazq.png

#5 Skelly Pelviston

Skelly Pelviston

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:54 PM

I haven't ordered from either but Topman and Asos appear to cater to slimmer builds. You can find 26 waists there.

#6 Arkangel

Arkangel

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1251 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 July 2020 - 05:02 AM

Kids clothes are very cute and grown up looking now. I've been wearing little boy suit pieces for years and people are always like "Omg. Where did you get that!?!?". If you don't mind me asking, why wouldn't you want to wear the kids clothes that are actually stylish?

I make a point of trying to dress my age, now more than ever, and since i'm an adult man, I'd feel ill at ease dressed in boys clothes.

#7 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17934 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 25 July 2020 - 12:21 PM

I prefer pants with half elastic belts built into them, otherwise I need a belt or a makeshift one. My natural waist (narrowest circumference between ribs and belly button) is now coming in as low as 22.5" and my abdominal waist (narrowest circumference between belly button and hips) measures in as low as 24". I'm 5'11" and my hips measure in as low as 33". My hips are a problem in that pants wide enough to fit over them are simply going to fall straight down without some sort of elastic waist, belt, or suspenders (I refuse to use the latter).

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#8 toby5678

toby5678

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 July 2020 - 04:22 PM

Someones already said it but topman is the best. You can get spray on clothes there that I swear only anorexics can wear. They’d be truly vulgar if someone of normal size put them on.

There is only one god and her name is ana.

#9 Arkangel

Arkangel

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1251 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 26 July 2020 - 06:13 PM

Someones already said it but topman is the best. You can get spray on clothes there that I swear only anorexics can wear. They’d be truly vulgar if someone of normal size put them on.

I'm not looking for spray-on clothes either lol, the only pair of pants zara carried in xs was a pair of skinny jeans and trying them on reminded me so much of high school I puked in my mouth a little lmao

It's not like I'm looking for specific pieces, I don't really pay too much attention to the way I dress, but I just want to wear things in my size

#10 crow-nova

crow-nova

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 02:44 PM

Honestly american eagle has some decent sizes. they carry 26/30 and 26/32s there in several different styles, from skinny jeans to boot cut. At least the last time I checked. They're kind of a teen's store but nobody can tell where u get ur jeans from anyways.

• Arkangel and Katurian like this

I'm Crow, he/him. Struggling since 2012.
Ethical Vegan - Human Liberation/Animal Liberation ✊

Accountability

Halloween Competition

Stats:

Spoiler

#11 PhoenicianPrincess

PhoenicianPrincess

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1049 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 24 August 2020 - 07:43 PM

My favorites are Uniqlo (they're the only store I know of that carry size XXS tops for males) and Abercrombie Kids. 

I also like American Eagle for jeggings/pants, because they have women's size 0 in X-long online. Being tall and thin is headache when comes to clothing in the US. I may try online Asian clothing in the future, which I've heard good things about. 

Male/6'1.5"/30/Small Frame

Current BMI: 15.0

#12 Eethanol

Eethanol

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationFloor

Posted 22 September 2020 - 01:21 PM

Well, I read you say you're particular about fabric feels etc, so am I (texture is one of my biggest problems with things, ASD joys, but also my eczema hates many fabrics) and don't want to wear the boys section clothes.

I can somewhat relate, but... I DO order all my clothes online; from Asia usually bc I am 5'3 and as you said, it's very hard for me to find small sizes in normal stores that aren't just .. skinny/spray on). I'm too old for the knees of my trousers to be three inches below where they oughta be, ruins the whole silhouette and working in my field at my height, I need to maintain a somewhat professional look (else I'll get treated like the office apprentice forever).

I get around my own texture/fabric issue by only ever buying cotton or linen clothes. Linen and cotton, and blends between the two, seem to be somewhat predictably similar in texture, drape, etc.

Maybe you could find a fabric you like and order only clothes in that?
-I wanna feel like I feel when I'm asleep-
5'3/160cm
CW: 59.5kg
GW1: 60kg(132lbs)
GW2: 55kg(120lbs)
UGW: 45-50kg(99-110lbs)
LW: 47kg(103lbs)~

#13 SkinnyAngelBoy

SkinnyAngelBoy

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 04:14 PM

I am getting all my clothes from primark. Literally the only store I find locally that has things my size outside of the kids section. 

164cm / 5'4

Current BMI : 16.8

CW : 45g / 99lbs | GW1 : 45,3kg / 100lbs | GW2 : 40,8kg / 90lbs | UGW: 36,2kg / 80lbs

I may be crazy but the best people are, right?

Vegan

#14 Cyclades

Cyclades

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1078 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 05 October 2020 - 07:20 AM

You could have your pants tailored?

#15 hes/simple/hes/dumb

hes/simple/hes/dumb

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationPurgatory

Posted 16 October 2020 - 07:57 AM

im trans male and wear a 27w bc of my hips

which is bigger than you ,but you can find at gap sometimes

Height 5'5"

LW: 65 HW: 117.3 SW: 115 CW: 92.5 GW1: 98 UGW: 88

cbmi: 15.3

#16 lilrunner

lilrunner

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 November 2020 - 12:45 AM

Boys section (16-18), sometimes youth or teen stores have smaller then 30. 

#17 boy1der

boy1der

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2020 - 07:29 PM

if your weight doesn't fluctuate too much, you can pick out some nice fabric and have some pants tailored exactly to your size 

that or buy some pants that almost fit and have them altered

#18 d4rkreuni0n

d4rkreuni0n

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 05:29 PM

Try out the Super Skinny and Extreme Skinny jeans from Hollister. I haven’t tried the extreme skinny but I have 2 pairs of the super skinny in 26x30. “Crotch” area is a little loose but I just pull everything up in my belt and tighten it as much as possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users