Pseudoephedrine and Why You Shouldn't Use It. - Page 2 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Pseudoephedrine and Why You Shouldn't Use It.

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#21 30kg

30kg

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1926 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 03:49 PM

I think you are referring to pseudo ephedrine. You can't buy ephedrine in the United States. I take pseudo ephedrine for allergies and  have to get it by asking the pharmacists. The sudafed on the shelves at CVS is not the same thing as the stuff behind either

im talking about primatene and bronkaid, theyre ephedrine hcl and ephedrine sulfate. sudafed is psuedoephedrine behind the counter and phenylephrine on the shelves. you can even buy ephedra seeds to grow your own. genuinely confused why people are saying ephedrine is banned, maybe in certain states but its def not banned here considering i bought some last week

• unworthyliving, babydaffodil, Yaisl and 7 others like this

ugw 66lbs, cbmi 16

30kilos @ peach

#22 tove lo

tove lo

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 994 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 04 August 2020 - 05:08 PM

I think you are referring to pseudo ephedrine. You can't buy ephedrine in the United States. I take pseudo ephedrine for allergies and have to get it by asking the pharmacists. The sudafed on the shelves at CVS is not the same thing as the stuff behind either

This isn't my post, but you can get ephedrine in the US. At least in Mass. I have purchased ephedrine and pseudoephedrine at Walgreens and CVS. Both behind the counter with ID.
  • misscarolina and Hideous Corpse like this

#23 dye

dye

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3329 posts
  • Locationwhat you think

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:47 AM

because if i wasn't sober, i might do, what i don't want. but thank you for your attention on the topic

#24 snowystar

snowystar

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 02:30 PM

The sale of ephedrine in the U.S. is stricly controlled as of 2005 due to numerous deaths. "Dietary supplements containing ephedrine are illegal in the United States,[1] with the exception of those used in traditional Chinese medicine, where its presence is noted by má huáng."

my bodychecks thread: https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4036019-snowys-body-checks-from-bmi-175-155/

26 years old, 5'7" 

HW: 126 (during recovery)
GW1: 110
GW2: 105
UGW: 95
goal BMI: 14.9

CW: 106
BMI: 16.6

#25 Boba's Fatt

Boba's Fatt

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1800 posts
  • LocationAboard Slave I, geosynch orbit above UK

Posted 10 August 2020 - 05:43 AM

Add to this that you're never gonna have a pure form of pseudoephedrine because the way you're getting it is probably through a GD decongestant, you're also consuming a property called "tachyphylaxis" which is a superspeed effect for how your body reacts to the drug in question. Making decongestants useless and lethal because the use of these products leads quickly to blood vessels popping in your brain. 

My friend abused some kind of ephedrine for months, never lost any weight, and ended up having a TIA because of it.  Scary as hell.  I've never touched stimulant/thermogenic diet pills and hopefully never will.  DNP is another one that's horribly dangerous.

||| I don't have junk in the trunk, I have Captain Solo in the cargo hold |||

''If wishes were horses, those wishes would all run away, shrieking and bucking, terrified of a great unseen evil''

''You can run, but you'll only die tired.''

''Reality doesn't care if you believe in it.''

It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams

And have you any dreams you'd like to sell?

Dreams of loneliness

Like a heartbeat that drives you mad

In the stillness of remembering what you had

And what you lost

And what you had

And what you lost....

#26 Glassdreams

Glassdreams

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 10:45 AM

I'm not a fan of medical drugs, I like plants and fungi... I'd probably never attempt to find diet pills.

But this...
This makes a lot of sense why I can't freaking breathe

I smoke and I get bronchitis at least once a year. The first time I had bronchitis, years ago, i was popping Sudafed-12 hour just to walk to the bus stop. Ended up on the verge of walking pneumonia.

My lungs literally want to punch me in the face sometimes, and it's scary when I wake up at 6 am after smoking one to many cigs and I have to sit up for an hour to let my lungs drain right. I'm fine and I can breathe, I have plenty of tricks to clear my lungs, like sitting in a steamy bathroom and Clearinghouse my throat while bending over. But my lung capacity is never going to return to normal without training it, especially at 25.

But this would definitely make sense if I had been taking Sudafed and hitting an inhaler, I've probably done irreversible damage to my lungs, that never fully recovered because of the cigs.

It honestly makes me a little scared that if I get Covid, I might be put on a ventilator...

Anyway this was super enlightening and thanks!! You got those smarticle particles in your brains

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
  • Grimmley'sSS likes this

#27 Geminigirl564

Geminigirl564

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 09:57 PM

I work in a pharmacy.  You can certainly get ephedrine in Primatene and Bronkaid tablets at the pharmacy counter with an ID.  I believe you can purchase 1 box a day and maybe 3 per month.  It's labeled as asthma relief for use only under the recommendation of a physician, so it's not banned as a diet aid.   I 100% with the OP that pseudoephedrine doesn't help lose weight.  Ephedrine can, but the benefit is nothing compared to the lung and heart issues.    Just eat less....that works infinitely better.   Hauling around an oxygen tank or heart monitor isn't sexy.  

• misscarolina likes this

#28 MrsNoraPalmer

MrsNoraPalmer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 11:37 PM

im talking about primatene and bronkaid, theyre ephedrine hcl and ephedrine sulfate. sudafed is psuedoephedrine behind the counter and phenylephrine on the shelves. you can even buy ephedra seeds to grow your own. genuinely confused why people are saying ephedrine is banned, maybe in certain states but its def not banned here considering i bought some last week

You're right... Ephedra (I think that's the name) is banned in the USA, not Ephedrine. Ephedra was a weightloss drug that was popular, until a bunch of people dropped dead because of it.

It's illegal in supplement form.

"Ephedrine is a drug derived from the plant Ephedra equisetina. It has been used for hundreds of years as both a stimulant and decongestant. In 2004, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) banned the sale of supplements containing ephedrine after a number of deaths and cases of adverse effects related to their use were reported." (Via Verywell.com)
  • 30kg likes this
•Nora
~Just trying to move forward~

#29 iRunLikeHell

iRunLikeHell

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 02:19 AM

I think you are referring to pseudo ephedrine. You can't buy ephedrine in the United States. I take pseudo ephedrine for allergies and have to get it by asking the pharmacists. The sudafed on the shelves at CVS is not the same thing as the stuff behind either

I’m not going to say how, because I don’t want to give anyone who sees this advice on how to purchase a dangerous substance, but you can pretty easily and legally get it in the US (in limited quantities per month) as long as you’re over 18.
  • writeherthin and Hideous Corpse like this

5'6"   CW:126.2    HW:141    LW:81   GW v.day:122   UGW:104

#30 LikeMyBody

LikeMyBody

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1766 posts
  • Location🇫🇷 At home, as one should be

Posted 12 August 2020 - 05:13 AM

im confused why everyone is saying ephedrine is illegal everywhere because all i need to do is walk into a walgreens and show id at the counter (and i only initially purchased it because i was sick and couldnt breathe n it legit helped). its not banned in the usa at least, just limited bc ppl make meth with it. ive never heard of people taking psuedo instead of ephedrine though thats top tier misinformed lol how do people mess it up that bad. plus the way you get psuedo is the exact same isnt it? no form of this stuff is on the shelves. eca stacking makes you feel like shit though you grow tolerant to chugging all those pills and now i get legitimately nauseous anytime i go near a box of bronkaid lol

USA is whack, did a research internship there and couldn’t believe how unregulated your food and medicine markets are. Carcinogens in processed foods, opiates pretty much on demand. Bless EU for saving us here from our own ignorance.
  • snoochiesmiggles likes this
dVWkp2.png

BMI 18.9 | 167 cm/5’6” | 52.7 kg/116.2 lbs

My thoughts here

giphy.gif

#31 30kg

30kg

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1926 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 05:36 AM

USA is whack, did a research internship there and couldn’t believe how unregulated your food and medicine markets are. Carcinogens in processed foods, opiates pretty much on demand. Bless EU for saving us here from our own ignorance.

dude i had a surgery which only needed like 3 days worth of opioids and they gave me a months worth lmfao its wack as hell and almost got me addicted

ugw 66lbs, cbmi 16

30kilos @ peach

#32 LikeMyBody

LikeMyBody

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1766 posts
  • Location🇫🇷 At home, as one should be

Posted 12 August 2020 - 05:42 AM

dude i had a surgery which only needed like 3 days worth of opioids and they gave me a months worth lmfao its wack as hell and almost got me addicted

Yeah, hang on in there. Where I come from, ketoprofenum is considered extreme for out-of-hospital use. Your healthcare system is in dire need of reform in this regard, even though it has its upsides (great healthcare professionals, for example).
dVWkp2.png

BMI 18.9 | 167 cm/5’6” | 52.7 kg/116.2 lbs

My thoughts here

giphy.gif

#33 iRunLikeHell

iRunLikeHell

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 05:38 PM

I agree that the lax distribution of opioids is beyond disturbing. While some doctors (especially er doctors) try their best to proceed cautiously if they suspect someone is an addict, some doctors just prescribe pretty freely and even for chronic use for conditions that may or may not even be that painful.

Insurance companies are REALLY bad enablers to it, it’s sickening. Opioids are cheap, so they’d way rather pay for you to take the dirt cheap opioids despite the addictive nature, rather than newer treatments that aren’t addictive and may even work better because they’re expensive.

Like my doctor wanted to put me on this topical anti inflammatory but it was super expensive because it was new and didn’t have a generic out yet, but my insurance said they wouldn’t cover it until I’d tried opioids first... like wtf. I have a very addictive personality so I knew that wouldn’t be a good idea. I was just like “whatever I’ll just suffer and take too much ibuprofen and then they can pay for the treatment for my failing kidneys and my ulcer in the future lol.

But yeah, opioid addiction is SO common in the US, and more and more people are dying of it each year.

5'6"   CW:126.2    HW:141    LW:81   GW v.day:122   UGW:104

#34 below21

below21

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2411 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 08:50 PM

i can’t lie i didn’t read the whole post so maybe you covered this, but atleast in my state in the US ephedrine is legal OTC and i was able to get two boxes of 60 caplets at a bmi of 20 when i was only 18 years old.
  • Cymmetry, misscarolina and Hideous Corpse like this

5'6

cw: 125

ugw: 114

accountability

tumblr_inline_nzqujpYtn41t78dpp_500.gif tumblr_inline_nzqujpYtn41t78dpp_500.gif

#35 below21

below21

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2411 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 08:52 PM

i have definitely bought bronkaid in the usa by just walking in a walgreens and asking for it
  • Cymmetry, misscarolina and Hideous Corpse like this

5'6

cw: 125

ugw: 114

accountability

tumblr_inline_nzqujpYtn41t78dpp_500.gif tumblr_inline_nzqujpYtn41t78dpp_500.gif

#36 etrox318

etrox318

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4875 posts
  • LocationNowhere near you

Posted 14 August 2020 - 07:01 PM

Your last paragraph describes my experience with clenbuterol. Helped with binge urges at first, but that wore off. Lost 10 lbs, but diarrhea & shakes that made people ask if I were on crack. And now I have to get EKGs every time I see the Dr because clen hates your heart.
It got taken away when I became suicidal. I tried to buy it again from a different site online (the first one wouldn't sell to me again) & they charged me $60 but never sent me anything. I'm done looking for it now.
https://www.myproana...-back-on-track/MY OLD ACCOUNTABILITY
https://www.myproana... MY NEW ACCOUNTABILITY
https://www.myproana...ookbooks-vegan/ MY MCDOUGALL RECIPE ADVENTURE
Female, diagnosed bulimic, previously diagnosed an-bp.
Hufflepuff, infp. Mostly vegan.
5'7"
Hw 208 BMI 32.6
Lw 105 BMI 16.4
Ugw 99 BMI 15.5
September 2020 Cw 131.3 BMI 20.6

#37 psyche-z

psyche-z

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSeoul, South Korea

Posted 18 August 2020 - 01:20 AM

Thank you hahahahaha 😅😭❤️

#38 Lio

Lio

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1243 posts
  • LocationI am in hell help me

Posted 18 August 2020 - 09:15 PM

• snoochiesmiggles likes this

Sweet mary jane, you're quite insane, and all you ever want to be, is like the other girls you see.

PERSONAL MEANSPO FOR MYSELF DO NOT CLICK

˅

Spoiler

5a0fce1a500b53592104ff057ad8b7bb.gif

#39 Dustclouds

Dustclouds

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 02:40 AM

Thank you for this information!

#40 Grimmley'sSS

Grimmley'sSS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:07 AM

Anyway this was super enlightening and thanks!! You got those smarticle particles in your brains

Lol thanks but it's not a smart thing. I just like chemistry. I understand it yk. I don't think it's a smarts thing tho. Intellect can't be accurately qualified not quantified. It's just a process of learning more and more about subjects that already interest you. Like I suck at social shit and marketing.
Salvation is on every street corner and you take one space or you give it.

I'm average and screwed up enough that I might just write a song that will live forever. And then it's all going to be worth it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users