Pseudoephedrine and Why You Shouldn't Use It. - Page 3 - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Pseudoephedrine and Why You Shouldn't Use It.

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#41 Grimmley'sSS

Grimmley'sSS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:19 AM

i have definitely bought bronkaid in the usa by just walking in a walgreens and asking for it

Bronkaid has Ephedrine sulfate. Which is significantly different than Ephedrine HCL and arguably much more dangerous, because it is way less effective and has more negative side affects and higher lethal likelihood. Particularly to do with the fact you have to take so much more of it to get the same result making it easy and to unintentionally overdose on. Also, bronkaid only has 25mg of Ephedrine sulfate. The rest of its compound is Guaifenesin at 400mg. Which is a whole nother reason not to fuck with it. But that's a different lesson for a different day.

PS. Bush made it illegal to buy pseudoephedrine of any sort OTC in March 9, 2006. So while it's possible you bought at some time. It would have been any time legally within the past 14years. Making your lie hilarious.
Salvation is on every street corner and you take one space or you give it.

I'm average and screwed up enough that I might just write a song that will live forever. And then it's all going to be worth it.

#42 Glassdreams

Glassdreams

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 12:17 PM

Lol thanks but it's not a smart thing. I just like chemistry. I understand it yk. I don't think it's a smarts thing tho. Intellect can't be accurately qualified not quantified. It's just a process of learning more and more about subjects that already interest you. Like I suck at social shit and marketing.

Ahhh everyone has smarts, yeah, there's no baseline. But I don't have the know-how to explain what you have, let alone the attention span to accurately research and comprehend. Lol let me compliment you dangit

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
  • decaying-delight and Grimmley'sSS like this

#43 rush2bethin

rush2bethin

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 August 2020 - 01:30 PM

*TW* It makes me feel like an angry, suicidal mess. I took it for about 4 months and the whole time I was miserable. It worked okay, but the price I was paying mentally wasnโ€™t worth it. I was seriously thinking about taking my life. Plus, I have bipolar so I respond terribly to stimulants. I got right to the edge before I finally said โ€˜whoa. Enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Height:  5'9"

SW: 186 lbs

CW:  155 lbs

BMI: 22.5

GW1: 165 lbs

GW2:  155 lbs

GW3:  145 lbs

GW4:  135 lbs

GW:  125 lbs

UGW:  115 lbs

BMI Goal:  16.7

"What people are ashamed of usually makes a good story." -F. Scott Fitzgerald

#44 Sherlock Holmes ~ 221Bamf

Sherlock Holmes ~ 221Bamf

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3597 posts
  • Location221B Baker Street, London

Posted 20 August 2020 - 04:36 PM

Bronkaid has Ephedrine sulfate. Which is significantly different than Ephedrine HCL and arguably much more dangerous, because it is way less effective and has more negative side affects and higher lethal likelihood. Particularly to do with the fact you have to take so much more of it to get the same result making it easy and to unintentionally overdose on. Also, bronkaid only has 25mg of Ephedrine sulfate. The rest of its compound is Guaifenesin at 400mg. Which is a whole nother reason not to fuck with it. But that's a different lesson for a different day.

PS. Bush made it illegal to buy pseudoephedrine of any sort OTC in March 9, 2006. So while it's possible you bought at some time. It would have been any time legally within the past 14years. Making your lie hilarious.

The law Bush signed into effect made it illegal to sell it over the counter. That means it's still kept behind the counter, and a buyer must show ID when buying and can only purchase a strict amount per month. It is definitely still sold. They even said they asked for it, like you have to now.

You should consider not being so aggressive with people if you don't even understand the subject.

• writeherthin, below21, decaying-delight and 5 others like this

Sherlock angst/hurt/comfort/disorder fanfictions! See below in the spoiler (plus other stuff like Tumblr and DA)

Spoiler

Black strobe warning:

slytherin_crest_20019.jpg

Bulimia

Diagnosed generalised anxiety disorder & situational social phobia 02/05/14 :(

Diagnosed body dysmorphic disorder 06/18/15  :unsure:

Asexual/Aromantic 

#45 below21

below21

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2411 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 07:27 PM

unnecessarily rude AND wrong? nice.
Attached File  143C6C1C-DBD7-436F-9A64-7295523A2AA7.png   1.2MB   17 downloadsAttached File  D3139BDB-8963-4419-9885-5556C0D28320.png   279.25KB   17 downloads
  • writeherthin, Hideous Corpse, etrox318 and 1 other like this

5'6

cw: 125

ugw: 114

accountability

tumblr_inline_nzqujpYtn41t78dpp_500.gif tumblr_inline_nzqujpYtn41t78dpp_500.gif

#46 Littlepotato

Littlepotato

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 07:41 PM

I've gotten Ephedrine HCL legally in Canada, its not banned everywhere. And I'm pretty sure my native country doesn't have it banned, they got better things to do.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
  • Hideous Corpse likes this

Ht: 163.5 cm

Wt: 49.3 kg

walking shit show

#47 nonyabusnass

nonyabusnass

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 952 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 08:24 PM

I take enough medications as it is, and it's possible pseudoephedrine will interact harshly with any one of them. I'd rather not take that risk. This was very informative, thank you!

#48 doublezerocoke

doublezerocoke

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 6401 posts
  • Locationvatican city

Posted 20 August 2020 - 08:30 PM

I don't know the science behind it like OP but I can say that taking it fucked me up. I experienced the rarer side effects and felt extreme paranoia, anxiety, and even had auditory hallucinations while using it. I couldn't sleep. I felt so shaky and scared. I was probably using too much cause I was dumb and 17 but even then, I can't even seem to take regular cold medicine that has decent amounts of sudafed in it anymore. It can be scary and there are much better ways to curb your appetite.

Height: 5'3 // 160 cm

CW: 96 lbs // 43.5 kg

LW: 84 lbs // 38.1 kg

HW: 104 lbs // 47.1 kg

Current BMI: 17.0

GW1: 90 lbs // 40.8 kg

GW2: 85 lbs // 38.5 kg

UGW: 80 lbs // 36.2 kg (or lower)

#49 Grimmley'sSS

Grimmley'sSS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:19 PM

The law Bush signed into effect made it illegal to sell it over the counter. That means it's still kept behind the counter, and a buyer must show ID when buying and can only purchase a strict amount per month. It is definitely still sold. They even said they asked for it, like you have to now.
You should consider not being so aggressive with people if you don't even understand the subject.

No shit you saw me say that and just repeat it back to me? What do you think OTC stands for? You're literally just repeating small snippets of things I already stated back to me. What's the point in that?

I'm average and screwed up enough that I might just write a song that will live forever. And then it's all going to be worth it.

#50 Grimmley'sSS

Grimmley'sSS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 10:23 PM

unnecessarily rude AND wrong? nice.
143C6C1C-DBD7-436F-9A64-7295523A2AA7.png D3139BDB-8963-4419-9885-5556C0D28320.png

Literally you just posted receipts about me being right. Are you even aware what it means for a drug to be illegal OTC???????? Here's a tip. If you have to ask for it and they monitor how much you can purchase and you have to give ID and they enter it into a database. That means ITS NOT OTC

#51 below21

below21

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2411 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 11:08 PM

Literally you just posted receipts about me being right. Are you even aware what it means for a drug to be illegal OTC???????? Here's a tip. If you have to ask for it and they monitor how much you can purchase and you have to give ID and they enter it into a database. That means ITS NOT OTC

you said that me getting bronkaid by walking into walgreens and asking for it was a lie. i posted proof that it is not. therefore, you were wrong. nice try though.

• writeherthin, Sherlock Holmes ~ 221Bamf, decaying-delight and 2 others like this

5'6

cw: 125

ugw: 114

accountability

tumblr_inline_nzqujpYtn41t78dpp_500.gif tumblr_inline_nzqujpYtn41t78dpp_500.gif

#52 Sherlock Holmes ~ 221Bamf

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3597 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 09:23 AM

No shit you saw me say that and just repeat it back to me? What do you think OTC stands for? You're literally just repeating small snippets of things I already stated back to me. What's the point in that?

You claimed they lied that they had bought it. 

I wrote out the definition because you didn't seem to understand what it meant, since you tried to use it as a reason why they could not have bought it like they said. 

Are you always this hostile? 

• below21 and Hideous Corpse like this

Sherlock angst/hurt/comfort/disorder fanfictions! See below in the spoiler (plus other stuff like Tumblr and DA)

Spoiler

Black strobe warning:

Bulimia

Asexual/Aromantic 

#53 ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ญ

๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฑ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ๐“ช๐“ญ๐“ฎ๐“ญ

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 August 2020 - 01:24 AM

That's horrible. Thank you for this post. Unfortunately I've been using it for some time, as it's legal in my country.

63 | 62 | 61 | 60 | 59 | 58 | 57 | 56 | 55 | 54 | 53 | 52 | 51 | 50 | 49 | 48 | 47 | 46 | 45 | โˆž |

138 | 137 | 136 | 135 | 134 | 133 | 132 | 131 | 130 | 129 | 128 | 127 |

126 125 | 124 | 123 | 122 | 121 | 120 | 119 | 118 | 117 | 116 | 115 | 114 | 113 | 112 | 111 | 110 | 109 |

| 108 | 107 | 106 | 105 | 104 | 103 | 102 | 101 | 100 | 99 | โˆž |

AN-R // orthorexia // anxiety // f*cked up since 2015

accountability:

https://www.myproana...lity-no-938317/

Spoiler

#54 hippie_bones

hippie_bones

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Locationsomeplace dreary

Posted 26 August 2020 - 06:32 PM

sad :(

I have a friend who's recently had to face the damage done by ephedrine abuse. She's closely monitored and on so many medications now just to keep herself running. Serious damage to her lungs and heart.

:(

CW: ๐Ÿฝ

BMI: 21๐Ÿคฎ

GW1:105

UGW:100 ๐Ÿ”ฎ

UBMI: 18.9๐Ÿ’Ž

LW:95 ๐Ÿ–ค

#55 Grimmley'sSS

Grimmley'sSS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:57 PM

You claimed they lied that they had bought it.
I wrote out the definition because you didn't seem to understand what it meant, since you tried to use it as a reason why they could not have bought it like they said.
Are you always this hostile?

I'm not being hostile. You're being oversensitive and projecting. I said it's illegal to purchase bronkaid or any other form of pseudoephedrine OTC willy nilly walking into a store and grabbing it and buying it up. Just because you don't understand an acronym doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm not debating this further.

#56 Dissection-chan

Dissection-chan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 05:57 AM

My mom took shit tons of the decongestants and her heart stopped. Shits dangerous. She needed higher and higher doses eventually for the reasons you mentioned.

i donโ€™t doubt there were other factors, but taking lots of this stuff can kill you. Please donโ€™t take it often for any reason, unless your doctor tells you.

Add me on mfp- DissectionChan
Height: 4 11
HW: 130
LW: 88

GW1: 120

GW2: 115

GW3: 110

GW3: 100
GW4: 95
GW5: 90
UGW: 85

#57 Sherlock Holmes ~ 221Bamf

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3597 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 01:23 PM

I'm not being hostile. You're being oversensitive and projecting. I said it's illegal to purchase bronkaid or any other form of pseudoephedrine OTC willy nilly walking into a store and grabbing it and buying it up. Just because you don't understand an acronym doesn't mean I'm wrong. I'm not debating this further.

You can walk into a store and ask for it and show ID and it will be sold to you. 

You said that it was not possible for them to have bought it at all. You literally said they lied that they bought it.

I don't know how much more simple I can make this. 

• below21, decaying-delight, Hideous Corpse and 1 other like this

Spoiler

Black strobe warning:

Bulimia

Asexual/Aromantic 

#58 Glassdreams

Glassdreams

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 31 August 2020 - 06:12 PM

You can walk into a store and ask for it and show ID and it will be sold to you.

You said that it was not possible for them to have bought it at all. You literally said they lied that they bought it.

I don't know how much more simple I can make this.

Aiight listen
Grimsley said they ain't fighting any more
You cleared up some info
I agree things could have been said more politely on both ends but it's been posted and you can't take it back

I understand you're upset, but you're fighting on a pinned post about drug safety, about something trivial (compared to the scary storytimes others are sharing)

Thanks for clearing that up for everyone, but you gotta chill cause you'll get reported to Mods for poor behaviors

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

#59 decaying-delight

decaying-delight

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1285 posts
  • Locationoff creating somewhere with paint and needles

Posted 01 September 2020 - 01:53 PM

I was living in a water damaged camper with toxic black mold for two years, [I did not realize what the black mold was at that time, I had lived in a desert climate, california, until then so I just thought it was regular mold you clean]. I ended up getting some serious breathing problems*, so I went to the doctor and they said they thought it was allergies and recommended I try getting allergy meds from a pharmacy.

The only medicine that actually improved my breathing contained pseudoephrine. By the time I realized what and how dangerous the mold was, and moved out, my breathing is in pretty bad shape. At it's worst I couldn't sleep because my body would myoclonic jerk if I fell asleep because I wasn't receiving enough oxygen.

I took the meds every day for a total of 3 years, getting off them recently because I started to realize they weren't helping anymore, then came across this article. And this explains why my breathing started to get better, not right away, but after a couple months not on allergy medication I am starting to finally breath easier.

But my breathing, it still feels hard. I still have to make more effort than I used to. Do you think over time my breathing could return healthy on it's own? I am only 27. I can't physically see a doctor, I've tried, but I have poor health insurance and with the pandemic, doctor's won't see me and when I describe breathing issues they just prescribe allergy meds over the phone.

*along with a lot of other serious health issues, including hallucinations, and real wounds randomly opening up on my skin, it was really bizarre and at one point I thought maybe I had aids, I didn't realize they were probably all connected to the black mold at the time. they all went away as soon as I moved, except the breathing issues unfortunately.

• breakable_doll likes this

gallery_197209_16626_936336.gif

giphy.gif

#60 CleverGirl

CleverGirl

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • LocationWInterFell

Posted 03 September 2020 - 04:55 PM

I have abused ephedrine hcl for around 7 years. I now have heart damage to one of my heart valves, tachycardia and postural hypotension. I donโ€™t know if itโ€™s definitely caused by the EC stacks but I didnโ€™t have these issues until 2 years ago.
Height 5 f 6
Cw 118
Gw 112
Ugw 110

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users