Renewed Effort - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Renewed Effort

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 gasp

gasp

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 28 July 2020 - 02:37 PM

Hi, I've been a member here since 2014 but have not been active. I try to dip my toe in every couple of years but haven't connected. That's on me, but this time I really need to find a place where I can ground myself and focus on weight loss. 

I am currently 46 and weigh 194lbs. I have a chronic health condition and I feel fat, weak, and tired all the time. 

Seeing as I have been off plan for years, I am starting today by limiting the time of day the I will eat from 11-7 and move on from there. The one other move I made today was to switch from coffee to tea. I can drink tea plain, but I have always added milk and sugar to coffee. In order to sugar detox cutting coffee is necessary. This makes me sad. Finding myself where I am at makes me sad. 

I may be older but I am too young to give up and I feel like I've given up. And....that's where I should stop for the day. 

TY

• Elspeth, Granger, *~pixie angelheart~* and 1 other like this

Height: 5'8"

46yrs

SW: 195.6

GW:125

#2 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6042 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico (US)

Posted 28 July 2020 - 05:39 PM

Hi, I've been a member here since 2014 but have not been active. I try to dip my toe in every couple of years but haven't connected. That's on me, but this time I really need to find a place where I can ground myself and focus on weight loss. 

I am currently 46 and weigh 194lbs. I have a chronic health condition and I feel fat, weak, and tired all the time. 

Seeing as I have been off plan for years, I am starting today by limiting the time of day the I will eat from 11-7 and move on from there. The one other move I made today was to switch from coffee to tea. I can drink tea plain, but I have always added milk and sugar to coffee. In order to sugar detox cutting coffee is necessary. This makes me sad. Finding myself where I am at makes me sad. 

I may be older but I am too young to give up and I feel like I've given up. And....that's where I should stop for the day. 

TY

Welcome back, hon!  :)  I, too, have recently returned and am working against a chronic health condition. I'm finding that I just can't do what I've always done and am trying to figure out what I can do.  :(  Good luck with your plans! I used to always drink my coffee with some kind of creamer (gave up the sugar in high school). About 5 years ago, however, I decided that I just didn't want to waste the calories, so I forced myself to learn how to drink my coffee black (I'm just not a tea drinker). Anyway, it's taken me a long time to get used to it, but now, I don't even think about adding anything to my coffee.

5'5"

Current BMI: "Normal" (i.e., FAT!)

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

Lowest Adult Weight: 87 lbs (BMI 14.5)

HW: 165 lbs (pregnancy)

GW: 90 lbs (BMI 15)

~accountability~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4037131-angelhearts-hope-refusing-to-give-up-pics//

~pics~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/gallery/album/5861-pics-of-me/

#3 Disciplined gal

Disciplined gal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:57 PM

Hi! I understand! I am new to this forum although I have lurked off and on for some time. I am almost 46. I totally get your struggles. I am finding this a supportive forum and I think you will too.

As for coffee I have a tough time with black coffee. If you like it sweet- have you tried Splenda and a low cal creamer?
Last starting weight: 130
———————————
Current weight: 109.5
———————————
Goal weight 1= 110
Goal weight 2= 105
Goal weight 3= 100

#4 gasp

gasp

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:53 AM

Thanks for welcome and comments. Now I suppose I am going to have to dig around and figure out the best way to use this forum. My post yesterday was pretty rash because I didn't want to wade in to reading and lose my nerve to post. 

Not quite sure how to proceed. Might just jump on the Over 40 August monthly challenge thread. 

Small steps. Yesterday I ate between 11-7, did not have coffee or soda, and got in my water. 

• *~pixie angelheart~* likes this

46yrs

#5 ProDancer

ProDancer

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:20 PM

Thanks for welcome and comments. Now I suppose I am going to have to dig around and figure out the best way to use this forum. My post yesterday was pretty rash because I didn't want to wade in to reading and lose my nerve to post.

Not quite sure how to proceed. Might just jump on the Over 40 August monthly challenge thread.

Small steps. Yesterday I ate between 11-7, did not have coffee or soda, and got in my water.

#6 ProDancer

ProDancer

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:24 PM

Hi TB5! I’ve had great success for years with alternate fasting. I eat 4-7pm. I’m rarely hungry. Always allowed myself coffee all day including cream, MCT oil, and artificial sweetener. Now I add protein powder To coffee crystals and blend with ice to make awesome low-cal milkshakes. I do that for weight maintenance & all day appetite suppression. I hope this helps!
  • gasp likes this

#7 Disciplined gal

Disciplined gal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:26 AM

ProDancer that low cal shake sounds good. What type of protein powder do you use?
  • gasp likes this
Last starting weight: 130
———————————
Current weight: 109.5
———————————
Goal weight 1= 110
Goal weight 2= 105
Goal weight 3= 100

#8 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2075 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 08 August 2020 - 04:09 PM

Hi! xo
  • gasp likes this
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#9 gasp

gasp

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 August 2020 - 03:10 PM

Hi TB5! I’ve had great success for years with alternate fasting. I eat 4-7pm. I’m rarely hungry. Always allowed myself coffee all day including cream, MCT oil, and artificial sweetener. Now I add protein powder To coffee crystals and blend with ice to make awesome low-cal milkshakes. I do that for weight maintenance & all day appetite suppression. I hope this helps!

The coffee sounds really good. 

Still trying to figure out how to use this forum. I've dug around a little, but mostly just commented on some threads in the higher BMI group, here, and started an accountability thread. 

Down 3lb since I first posted. Since I'm starting so high and probably have plenty of water weight to lose I feel like it should be more. But, it is what it is, and I'll keep chugging along. 

46yrs

#10 gasp

gasp

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 13 August 2020 - 03:13 PM

I've managed to change my avatar and signature. I feel like I should know how to post pics and follow people but my notifications seem screwed up. Technically challenged would be an understatement. 

• *~pixie angelheart~* and shannie like this

46yrs

#11 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6042 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 05:06 PM

Down 3lb since I first posted. Since I'm starting so high and probably have plenty of water weight to lose I feel like it should be more. But, it is what it is, and I'll keep chugging along. 

Congratulations on your progress!  :)

I've managed to change my avatar and signature. I feel like I should know how to post pics and follow people but my notifications seem screwed up. Technically challenged would be an understatement. 

The notifications problem isn't because you're "technically challenged." That's been a problem for almost everyone, off and on, since I joined this forum in 2014.  :rolleyes:  Here's the workaround... Go to "My Profile." Then go to, "Edit My Profile" (upper right-hand side), and then, click on "My Notifications" (left-hand side). Voila!  :) 

By the way, I LOVE your new avatar!  :wub: 

5'5"

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

~accountability~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4037131-angelhearts-hope-refusing-to-give-up-pics//

~pics~

#12 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2075 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 13 August 2020 - 06:29 PM

Congrats on the weight loss! 😃

This site definitely has some wonkiness, so I promise it’s not you! I still don’t know how to post pics...I think I posted one once but that was years ago lol.
xo
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#13 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6042 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 07:02 PM

I still don’t know how to post pics...I think I posted one once but that was years ago lol.
xo

I've found that the easiest way to upload pictures here is to just directly upload them from your phone to the Tapatalk app. It's super-easy!  :)

• shannie likes this

5'5"

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

~accountability~

~pics~

#14 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2075 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 13 August 2020 - 10:04 PM

I've found that the easiest way to upload pictures here is to just directly upload them from your phone to the Tapatalk app. It's super-easy!  :)

Thanks!
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#15 gasp

gasp

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 14 August 2020 - 12:31 AM

Good to know. 

Thanks for the encouragement Shannie. 

• *~pixie angelheart~* and shannie like this

46yrs

#16 ProDancer

ProDancer

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 August 2020 - 04:32 PM

I buy various protein powders on Amazon, depending on what’s cheapest. I look for no more than 1 carb per serving, max 120 calories per serving at least 20 protein per serving. Many brands meet these criteria. I have thee daily, so buy the 5 pound containers for best pricing per ounce. 😃

ProDancer that low cal shake sounds good. What type of protein powder do you use?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users