Does IF count? - Fasting and Cleansing - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Does IF count?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 hippie_bones

hippie_bones

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Locationsomeplace dreary

Posted 28 July 2020 - 05:12 PM

For those of you that daily IF what is your eating window? Iโ€™m usually not hungry at 11 when I break my fast but I do it because I want a break at work and everyone else breaks for breakfast early on. I like to IF with my eating window 10/11-8 on days I work (I work 12 hours shift in an ICU) and off days my eating window is 10 until 5-8. I think I need a more narrow window!!!!
SW: 112.2 ๐Ÿฝ
CW: 111.4 ๐Ÿ–
BMI: 21 ๐Ÿคฎ
UGW: 100 ๐Ÿ”ฎ
UBMI: 19 ๐Ÿ’Ž
Lowest: 95-98 ๐Ÿ–ค

<p>

#2 Anabunnygirl

Anabunnygirl

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 410 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 July 2020 - 05:21 PM

I do IF but mostly because I do OMAD, however if I want to eat more I'll do it a few hours before or after the meal so it fits within max a 5 hour range. My eating window moves based on my hunger level and my sleeping schedule however I always leave at least 16 hours between windows. I find 16 hours gives you still quite a wide window but not so wide you're tempted to eat a lot because it feels like you should and gives you a nice gap where you should be in ketosis (which as a general guideline is after 12 hours afaik). That's what I find works best for me but of course you have to fit it around your working schedule and calorie limits/energy needs :) 

• hippie_bones likes this

Relationship ended with recovery, now restricting is my best friend (again)

Back on my bullshit as always

5'8

CW:119.5 (18.2) HW:195 (29.6) LW: 88 (13.4)

GW:110 (16.7) UGW:100 (15.2)

Various Dx (primarily AN), ED for 13 years. On-off MPA user since 2014

Check out my accountability! 

A Moon Shaped Pool

-  A   m o o n   s h a p e d   f o o l  -

#3 lilmolly

lilmolly

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2569 posts
  • Locationeurope

Posted 28 July 2020 - 05:22 PM

i do 23/1, but i usually don't even spend an hour eating. so just OMAD

FtZNp2.png

#4 hippie_bones

hippie_bones

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 05:26 PM

I do IF but mostly because I do OMAD, however if I want to eat more I'll do it a few hours before or after the meal so it fits within max a 5 hour range. My eating window moves based on my hunger level and my sleeping schedule however I always leave at least 16 hours between windows. I find 16 hours gives you still quite a wide window but not so wide you're tempted to eat a lot because it feels like you should and gives you a nice gap where you should be in ketosis (which as a general guideline is after 12 hours afaik). That's what I find works best for me but of course you have to fit it around your working schedule and calorie limits/energy needs :)

I like that mentality. So often Iโ€™m not hungry at lunch after initially breaking my fast at 11 but I n up eating anyway around 2 and again when I get home. Itโ€™s when I get home I eat too much and itโ€™s already late! I also do keto, but have wrecked that for the past month and havenโ€™t been in keto since the end of June. July 4 vacation I failed and am not back yet. Ugh. So your eating window is 5 hours? I think I need to tighten up. Thank you for your input โ™ฅ๏ธ

<p>

#5 hippie_bones

hippie_bones

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 05:27 PM

i do 23/1, but i usually don't even spend an hour eating. so just OMAD

How many calories is your Omad?

<p>

#6 lilmolly

lilmolly

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2569 posts
  • Locationeurope

Posted 28 July 2020 - 05:32 PM

How many calories is your Omad?

i don't have a set calorie limit. some days it's 300, others it's up to 2000 when i don't feel like restricting

FtZNp2.png

#7 deadflowers

deadflowers

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:59 PM

right now i'm trying to lose super rapidly so i'm doing 36-48 hrs fasting and a four hour window between where i eat anywhere from 500-800

• hippie_bones and Abbey84 like this

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

^^ before you  ask -- she's Carly Chaikin in her role as Darlene in Mr. Robot 

#8 hippie_bones

hippie_bones

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:50 PM

right now i'm trying to lose super rapidly so i'm doing 36-48 hrs fasting and a four hour window between where i eat anywhere from 500-800

That is awesome!!! Do you drink coffee??

<p>

#9 Abbey84

Abbey84

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:27 AM

I do IF /OMAD when I'm not fasting - trying to do 96hr water fasting a week and OMAD for the rest, trying to lose a bit more weight rn and this is a lot quicker haha.

But it's normally 48's and the rest IF/4hr window - and yes IF is still classed as fasting.

#10 Abbey84

Abbey84

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 974 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:34 AM

It also gets on my nerves that OMAD has to be differentiated from IF, it's all IF even if you eat for 1hr a day or 10 minutes.

Idk I just get fed up with typing it lol

#11 hippie_bones

hippie_bones

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:38 AM

It also gets on my nerves that OMAD has to be differentiated from IF, it's all IF even if you eat for 1hr a day or 10 minutes.
Idk I just get fed up with typing it lol

I got ya
  • Abbey84 likes this

<p>

#12 deadflowers

deadflowers

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 31 July 2020 - 02:55 AM

That is awesome!!! Do you drink coffee??

Thanks boo!!!! Yeah I drink a fuckload of coffee. I also drink zero cal drinks like diet coke or powerade zero which I know you're not really supposed to but honestly I think the variance in flavor keeps me from giving up. mama needs a lil VARIETY 

giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

^^ before you  ask -- she's Carly Chaikin in her role as Darlene in Mr. Robot 

#13 eli_luc

eli_luc

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 904 posts
  • LocationFloating on clouds

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:34 AM

I do a typical 16:8. I eat a very early breakfast, so usually my window is 5.30am to 1.30pm. I break this down into breakfast at 5.30, a small snack at 10, lunch at noon, and a small snack at 1. Black decaf coffee and tea for the rest of the day. For variety, I practically collect tea flavors, and I have various flavors of decaf coffee as well. Sometimes I also have 0cal fruit-flavored konjac jelly in the afternoon, but I try not to do it too much because sometimes they randomly run out of stock, so if I get too reliant I'm fucked lol. 

I'm eating 1350cals a day bc I'm maintaining weight, so my breakfast and lunch do look like slightly larger normal meals. 

"Whatever they have is something needed to do their work โ€“ it wouldnโ€™t help you in your work even if you had it. Their magic is theirs. You donโ€™t lack it. You donโ€™t need it. It has nothing to do with you"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users