Pics cured - Pica Disorder - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Pics cured

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Coco73

Coco73

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:50 PM

Hello,
I have pics and have craved all sorts of things. The last couple years it was charcoal. I ate 5-10 briquettes a day. I couldn't stop. I was in the hospital earlier this summer and amongst other things they discovered I was severely anemic. So I left the hospital with a prescription for iron supplements and Zoloft (for anxiety) my craving/ desperate compulsion was cured. I stopped and have no desire to start again
  • stkitty likes this

#2 AndThen

AndThen

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11743 posts
  • LocationOregon High Desert.

Posted 05 August 2020 - 01:05 AM

Hello,
I have pics and have craved all sorts of things. The last couple years it was charcoal. I ate 5-10 briquettes a day. I couldn't stop. I was in the hospital earlier this summer and amongst other things they discovered I was severely anemic. So I left the hospital with a prescription for iron supplements and Zoloft (for anxiety) my craving/ desperate compulsion was cured. I stopped and have no desire to start again

Gosh, how about that. It must feel good good that you aren't trapped by the briquette thing anymore, 

Is your sense that controlling anemia was part of it, or more that Zoloft helped with the anxiety and compulsions ?

How great that you got a handle on this. 

"Our ability to relax is in direct proportion to our ability to trust ourselves and life."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users