Help getting started - Orthorexia - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Help getting started

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ashley Smith

Ashley Smith

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:31 AM

I’m new to all this but it’s getting me pretty obsessive and worked up rather quickly and I haven’t even gone shopping for healthy clean food yet! I still have ramen and cereal bars and stuff for PB&J and some fruit cups.

I just want to know how to make sure I’m getting everything I need? Like vitamins and minerals. From food. I downloaded chronometer for basic dieting a while back - is it sufficient?

I want to eat healthy and well rounded and not too much of anything. Cause too much can make me sick or lead to something bad like heart disease or type 2 diabetes or cancer and if I get sick cause of that it’s all my fault. So like not too much sugar or salt or carbs or preservatives or dyes or artificial flavors.

But at the same time I’m used to my diet of ramen and nachos and pizza and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and chips and such....idk where to start. I’m allergic to dairy and I can’t cook beyond the microwave and if he scared to mess up moms kitchen anyhow. I don’t wanna take supplements to get what I need cause it’s meant to be from food and if it’s from food then of course my body knows what to do with it.

Is chronometer a good app for tracking this stuff? And is there a site where I can learn what to eat with what - like some nutrients require others to digest properly.

Age: 24 / Height: 5'0" / Last BMI & Weight: 26.4BMI & 135lbs on 5/29/20  / GW1: 120 / UGW: 90

med_gallery_11569_1185_3455.png

#2 journeyerr

journeyerr

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1070 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:23 AM

sound like you're looking for advice on eating healthier

this isn't a bad place to ask because ppl here are unhealthily obsessed with healthy eating

my advice is to shop for and eat, in this order, veggies, healthy proteins (fish, meat, beans), fruit, whole grains, all cooked with delicious spices and healthy omega-3 oils

stick to food that is unprocessed (that means you will need to cook it, nothing that can be prepared in a microwave)

buy a lot of veggies and learn to cook one new meal a week, that is a good way to start

• Uncommonlygooood likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users