Stopped lax, gained weight - help/reassurance pls? - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Stopped lax, gained weight - help/reassurance pls?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Boba's Fatt

Boba's Fatt

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1198 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:22 AM

As titled.  I've been using laxatives daily for some months now in addition to vomiting (I have AN-b/p and have LARGE binges 2-3 times a day).

So on Sunday just gone I was 33.9kg / 74.6lbs.  I last took laxatives on Saturday.  I went to stay with my parents and managed to not b/p for 3 days and had intake <500 (!!!!!!!) - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday.  Wednesday and Thursday were bad b/p days and I don't think I purged so well as I should've.  Yesterday (Friday) I b/p'd my usual amount.  This morning I was 36.3kg /  79.9kg.  

I've not pooped since but my poops never weigh much (I weigh myself before and after and there's never much change).  I know I'll have gained fluid weight from not peeing out my arse.  But I am definitely bigger - I can't get my hand around my bicep which I could before and there's more padding around my pelvis and I just feel so much bigger and stuff.  And I really badly just want to start taking lax again so I can get rid of it all and because I feel so freaking huge and gross and I felt so much better when I was thinner.  And ffs that's so much weight to have gained.  And even water has VOLUME.

I'm so stressed out over this.

||| Mostly void, partially sarlaac |||

''If wishes were horses, those wishes would all run away, shrieking and bucking, terrified of a great unseen evil''

AN-b/p, bipolar II, c-PTSD, Asperger's, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, epilepsy

BMI low-13s FUCK ME (>.<)

#2 Stonerexiccc

Stonerexiccc

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1640 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:59 AM

I quit laxatives 10 days ago and am struggling. The funny thing is I recently quit nicotine and had almost no issues or craving for nicotine. And I smoked a pod a day for over a year. When I quit laxatives I still was bale to go for a couple days and then it just stopped and thats where I'm currently at. It sucks and I want to just take a couple so badly but I'm trying to push through. We gotta stick together on this because I'm afraid of the long term things that can happen from laxative abuse

• Boba's Fatt likes this

#3 susanrose

susanrose

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2237 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY

Posted 01 August 2020 - 01:58 PM

Once your body re-regulates electrolytes the water weight will go away. As far as getting normal BM's back- that can be more complicated but miralax is safe and won't hurt your body in the meantime (it is often prescribed in ED recovery).
  • Boba's Fatt likes this

#4 VaporwaveGirl

VaporwaveGirl

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2387 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 03:41 PM

thats all poop and water weight... you may look or feel bloated but dont worry - very unlikely that its fat. ive stayed the same weight for days after restricting and i think its because i havent been able to poo...

◆      O N L Y    P R O G R E S S    M A T T E R S      ◆ 

giphy.gif

◆      I obsess over food, not eating      

◆  136 - 134 - 132 - 130 - 128 - 126 - 124 - 122 - 120 - 118  

117 - 115 - 113 - 112 - 110 - 108 - 106 - 105 - 103 - 100   

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 Boba's Fatt

Boba's Fatt

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1198 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 August 2020 - 05:37 PM

I quit laxatives 10 days ago and am struggling. The funny thing is I recently quit nicotine and had almost no issues or craving for nicotine. And I smoked a pod a day for over a year. When I quit laxatives I still was bale to go for a couple days and then it just stopped and thats where I'm currently at. It sucks and I want to just take a couple so badly but I'm trying to push through. We gotta stick together on this because I'm afraid of the long term things that can happen from laxative abuse

I don't have issues with quitting nicotine either!  I used to be a pack a day smoker but could always put it down when it was inconvenient or the weather was foul and I didn't want to go out, and then the price rocketed and I was like NOPE and I quit cold turkey no problem!  But the laxatives...  Argh.  It's so hard.  We've got to just hang in there...  Thanks for the support, it means a lot.

Once your body re-regulates electrolytes the water weight will go away. As far as getting normal BM's back- that can be more complicated but miralax is safe and won't hurt your body in the meantime (it is often prescribed in ED recovery).

My electrolytes are fine now and they were fine before so it's not that :( (I can always tell when they're off, I get really symptomatic) it's just so difficult dealing with the number.  Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate it, it's hard feeling alone and scared and I feel a little less alone.

||| Mostly void, partially sarlaac |||

''If wishes were horses, those wishes would all run away, shrieking and bucking, terrified of a great unseen evil''

AN-b/p, bipolar II, c-PTSD, Asperger's, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, epilepsy

BMI low-13s FUCK ME (>.<)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users