Boyfriends Catching On - Anorexia Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Boyfriends Catching On

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cxmarie

Cxmarie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:37 AM

So I’m starting to freak because my bf’s possibly catching on to my ED. We met online so it’s been easy to hide from him especially cuz I can just lie and said I ate. So my restrictions are pretty well hidden....but every now and then I’ll have a small binge and my bulemia kicks in to where I have to purge. Now, he knows I have stomach problems already so that’s been my excuse, but I haven’t been able to hide throwing up from him because of a) how I look or sound afterwards. And b.) when I eat, my body automatic starts heaving so I don’t have a choice but to purge. Now we are talking about moving in together once I graduate and I won’t be able to hide this, and to be honest....I don’t want to get better. This has always been apart of who I am. Plus we’ve talked about marriage and kids and like I can’t even have normal periods so how the fuck am I going to breed a child for him....let alone eat enough to grow a child. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This is all just so stressful to think about.
  • Impulse_Control likes this

#2 Impulse_Control

Impulse_Control

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:40 AM

If your body automatically starts heaving then I feel like it might further confirm the idea that it’s just digestive issues. But then he might try to get you to go to a doctor to fix it. I’m assuming you know all the usual tricks and it might get suspicious if you immediately shower after dinner every day :/
  • justanotherzombie likes this

+ 23y +

+ 5’6” +

+ CW 125 +

+ LW 112 +

+ GW 100 +

weight.png

#3 RomanticMisanthropist

RomanticMisanthropist

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts
  • LocationVizima

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:43 AM

To be honest, there's only so much hiding you can do until you can't hide it anymore. Especially if you're thinking about living together and having children etc. There might be a time where you should open up to him about it, it might be relief to not have the pressure of hiding it anymore

• Gain(e)s and Impulse_Control like this

Non-binary. AN for 9 years. I'd like to recover but is it really ever gonna happen? Really? Currently major relapsing.

Also bpd af

He/him pronouns

----

giphy.gif

----

BMI: 14.7

Height: 5'8 / 174cm

CW: 44.7kg  / 98lbs

GW: 45kg / 99lbs     Achievement get!!!!!!!

GW2: 42kg / 92.5lbs (lol)

UGW: 39kg / 85lbs (lolololol yeah like that'll ever happen)

#4 Stonerexiccc

Stonerexiccc

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1640 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:47 AM

I didn't tell my bf about my ed for at least a year and then when I finally was honest about it he's was like "I didn't suspect it all along but this doesn't surprise me". Basically he had caught onto certain habits I had while I was eating around him and he had never thought they were bc of an ed he just thought it was odd. 

Now we live together and I'm sorta concerned how complacent he is with my ed. He has said before he doesn't see it as a problem and he would tell me if I got too thin. Its super triggering to hear that because it almost confirms what I already believe 

#5 Cxmarie

Cxmarie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:49 AM

Yeah like I really want to but when I did with my ex he handled it so bad that it made things worse....and made me spiral a bit. Plus my bf now used to date someone with a whole book of mental issues and I am not wanting to put any type of stress like that on him. But you’re right, eventually I will just have to tell him. Maybe just tell him it’s the way I live and eat, and that I won’t let it effect our relationship too much. Because I know I do get cranky on my fasts and get insomnia so a little crazy, but I use things like Hot yoga, meditation, and such too keep all that in check.

#6 Cxmarie

Cxmarie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:52 AM

And I don’t need to worry about inpatient or tube feeding or any of that because one year I went through my kill myself by starving phase and after that decided to never go that extreme again. I hate thinking I look fat, but I also hate when I was super skinny. My ex told me that a good rule of thumb was to see 4 ribs, no more, no less. Lmao, guess that’s why he wasn’t good for me.

#7 Cxmarie

Cxmarie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 08:56 AM

I didn't tell my bf about my ed for at least a year and then when I finally was honest about it he's was like "I didn't suspect it all along but this doesn't surprise me". Basically he had caught onto certain habits I had while I was eating around him and he had never thought they were bc of an ed he just thought it was odd.

Now we live together and I'm sorta concerned how complacent he is with my ed. He has said before he doesn't see it as a problem and he would tell me if I got too thin. Its super triggering to hear that because it almost confirms what I already believe

I mean honestly that’s what I would kill for, just someone who accepts it just because I 100% don’t want to “get better”. My ED is just apart of my lifestyle. I wish I had someone who thought it was okay. But maybe find some articles for him to read about being in a relationship with someone who has an ED. He might better learn to how to respond. I legit gave my bf an article on how to react with some other grievances of mine, and he learned some things, and now responds better to me. Lol I feel like sometimes we have to condition them like a mother would.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users