August Check-in Thread - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

August Check-in Thread

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#1 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2516 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:19 AM

Welp here is August and here I am trying to be less fat. 

I don't have a ton to report....same ol same ol.  We have 50% custody of my stepsons now, which ends up being 65% or more because they like our house better.

Everyone in my house is tall and eats a ton.  One is starting to try to watch his weight but as a 6'5" teen boy eating is a FT job, man I would love that metabolism

anyhoo.  Got back on track this week and need to lose like 20lb but will start with losing the first 5 I guess

The hubs is baking a cake right now.  He will likely eat half of it today and half tomorrow.  HALF. A. CAKE.  see what I live with lol

Also working from home is tough.  the food is too close and it's too easy to eat when you're hungry vs waiting until you get home.  Haven't gained a ton but ugh man

• *~pixie angelheart~*, Thaisa and pittylover like this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#2 gasp

gasp

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 01 August 2020 - 02:56 PM

I'm joining in for the first time. 

Here because I got on the scale last week and my BMI was 29.6.  :(

4/10th away from having an obese BMI. It has to stop. 

46 years old, 5'8" 

SW: 195.6 

Goal for August is to get into the 180's. 

I started an accountability thread and will be checking in here too as I figure out the rhythm of this site. TY

• Elspeth, thinstrument, *~pixie angelheart~* and 1 other like this

Height: 5'8"

46yrs

GW:125

#3 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2516 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 07:00 PM

Update.  half the cake is gone.  He frosts it with nutella instead of frosting too

I cooked today so I'd have 4 meals worth of veggie-rich food.  It ended up being vegan (I'm not vegetarian but I don't eat a ton of meat really)

• Thaisa likes this

#4 tarinna

tarinna

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 09:49 PM

I'm here, just to stake my ground...but I am soooo far off track.

I feel lost and don't know how to get back to where I NEED to be.

• *~pixie angelheart~*, 40SomeThin and Thaisa like this

#5 Ironana

Ironana

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSouthEastern Pennsylvania

Posted 02 August 2020 - 02:43 AM

Okay well here goes. I am in a high stress situation with my ex husband introducing our 6 year old daughter to his 50 year old girl friend (he is 37). I always have fear around this because it rocks her boat and that is not good. I have not worked out in well since Covid-19 and my weight has gone up to 101. I was closing in on 92 before Covid hit. So my goal weight is to get to 90 pounds by September and then 85 in time for the winter where I can wear a ton of clothes to hide it. I am a night shift nurse for the summer and will begin some type of home care once I find out what the school year brings. We will see right. Anyway so my goal is to get to the gym five days a week and eat the 1000 calories a day for a net effect of somewhere between 600 and 700. Also I have found Lasix online to help with the fluid weight and also found I can order Synthroid online without a script. A little help is needed for the 42 year old metabolism lol.

• Elspeth, *~pixie angelheart~* and Thaisa like this

Height 5'1"

Weight: I don't know anymore. I want my daughter to have her mommy so whatever that is. 

#6 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2516 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:20 AM

Hi gasp and tarinna <waving>

Ironana i have never figured out how one gets Rx meds online.  I think I watch too many drug bust documentaries.  lol

Update on the cake - he cut the 9x13 pan into 8 pieces and ate 5 yesterday.  So more than half.  I don't eat gluten so I "can't" eat the cake.  Will admit it smells good.

Haven't slept well.  headachy and i was cold.  (not due to weight haha, just could not get warm)

#7 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:14 AM

Hi All!

Well another month gone by with me getting nowhere in a hurry weight wise, lol. My morning weigh-ins have been around 124-125. Night time I go up to 128 (eeeeeek). I've kept keto and stayed very active, but my calories are high. Today I ate two protein shakes around 11:00 a.m. (ice, protein powder, almond milk). Dinner was bun-less burger, salad, blue cheese, three HB egg. Night snack was two avos and about a cup of pb2 mixed in (food-gasm). Rode my bike about 35 miles. 

My big news food wise is that I am thinking of quitting keto (as early as tomorrow). I have kept keto for about four months now and I like it, but it isn't yielding results for me (since I don't calorie count, I think). The pounds simply don't melt off. Weight loss is still hard for me. So, I thought, why not go back to regular low carb? That way I could eat a few more things I really enjoy. So I plan to 'celebrate' tomorrow with making a gluten free pumpkin bread and actually eating a piece. I partially think this makes a lot of sense (the switch) and partially I just feel like I 'failed' at keto. Sighs. 

I'll be  honest, I'm kind of **okay** with my current weight, though I would love to lose about ten pounds eventually. 

It's great to see more folks in this thread!

• *~pixie angelheart~* likes this

Current weight: 123-126

Height: 5'6"

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#8 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2516 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:45 PM

Honestly I can’t do the “eat to satiety” thing. For me it’s CICO or I gain because I will not stop eating
  • Mrs rabbit41 and Thaisa like this

#9 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2516 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:46 PM

Also the cake was finished for breakfast yesterday. So a whole cake in <24 hours

I know y’all were hopping for an update 😂

Also my son apparently has COVID. Waiting for a test to confirm but he was working w someone who got sick and now he’s sick. Seems to be Ok though so I’m not borrowing trouble

#10 Thaisa

Thaisa

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 07:44 AM

Update, I broke my four month keto diet yesterday with a delectable piece of molasses/pumpkin bread (made with buckwheat and oat flour). I ate one slice with a thick hunk of goat cheese on top. Wow. Total food-gasm. As expected it felt both good and bad to break keto. I know that the main reason I am doing this is because keto didn't 'work' for me. It was basically a fail. That part gets me down. On the other hand I do look forward to loosening things up food-wise. Let's hope the scale doesn't sky rocket. 

128 on the scale today. Welp. Ran 15 miles yesterday and that one piece of bread was the only non-keto thing that I ate. Otherwise I ate pork, eggs, salad, nuts, mushrooms etc. 

Cheers all :) 

Current weight: 123-126

Height: 5'6"

Ortho athlete

40+

Goal: nutritious eating without purging + to get back to my lean weight of 115 lbs

#11 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2516 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 08:47 AM

That bread sounds amazing

So in today’s rendition of “Things the hubs ate” - breakfast was a pint of Ben & Jerrys cookie dough ice cream with 1/4 a jar of PB on top.

I can’t

#12 Oempa

Oempa

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 01:22 PM

Back again. Haven't been around for a while, so I'm gonna read some stuff first...
  • thinstrument and *~pixie angelheart~* like this
Being close to my goal scares me. So I turn to sabotage
5'7
CW120
GW100

#13 40SomeThin

40SomeThin

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 03:09 PM

That bread sounds amazing

So in today’s rendition of “Things the hubs ate” - breakfast was a pint of Ben & Jerrys cookie dough ice cream with 1/4 a jar of PB on top.

I can’t

This is so not fair!!!

Height: 5'1" / Age 49

CW:  94.2 (BMI 17.8) (4/10/18)

GW:  93.0 (BMI 17.6) (by 5/1)

GW:  91.0 (17.2) (by 6/1)

UGW: 89.0 (BMI 16.8) (by 6/25)

#14 Ironana

Ironana

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSouthEastern Pennsylvania

Posted 05 August 2020 - 04:14 AM

I suck. I fell asleep after eating two Popsicles. I forgot to purge. Going to the gym today to make up for it. Ugh
  • Woody79 likes this

Height 5'1"

Weight: I don't know anymore. I want my daughter to have her mommy so whatever that is. 

#15 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2516 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 10:01 AM

I have a hard time with popsicles. They make me so cold! We’ve had a hot summer and there were actually a few days where I felt like o could actually drink an icy cold margarita and not die. LOL

I am ready to have this weight off

#16 gasp

gasp

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 05 August 2020 - 02:01 PM

193.4 this morning

2lbs down Good start, but I have so far to go. Banana chips for dinner are yummy, but not a good idea. 

• thinstrument likes this

Height: 5'8"

46yrs

GW:125

#17 ANA_Nicole_Smith

ANA_Nicole_Smith

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 August 2020 - 03:09 PM

ugh 185.  day 5 of sobriety.  I  have ultrasound  for liver disease tomorrow.  so its full stop of alcohol for me and more exercise.

they are testing me for alcohol hepatitis .

i know alcohol is a HUGE part of my weight gain over the past 10 yrs. so im hoping I and stay off it and lose the 40lbs i gained over that time.

• Elspeth, thinstrument, *~pixie angelheart~* and 1 other like this

" You screw a couple hundred guys , and the whole world turns on ya" ~ Monica Velour

#18 Disciplined gal

Disciplined gal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 07:49 AM

Good luck! I hope all is ok regarding your liver and hepatitis.

ugh 185. day 5 of sobriety. I have ultrasound for liver disease tomorrow. so its full stop of alcohol for me and more exercise.
they are testing me for alcohol hepatitis .

i know alcohol is a HUGE part of my weight gain over the past 10 yrs. so im hoping I and stay off it and lose the 40lbs i gained over that time.

• ANA_Nicole_Smith likes this
Last starting weight: 130
———————————
Current weight: 109.5
———————————
Goal weight 1= 110
Goal weight 2= 105
Goal weight 3= 100

#19 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2516 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:54 AM

I haven’t weighed. I feel like if I’ve lost, I’ll binge. And if I DIDN’T lose, I’ll be frustrated and...binge?

I feel like I’m losing and I have more to go. So maybe I won’t weigh until someone comments?

#20 nevven

nevven

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1273 posts
  • LocationGMT +1:00

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:39 AM

[deleted]

• *~pixie angelheart~* likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic