August Check-in Thread - Page 3 - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

August Check-in Thread

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#41 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2049 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 14 August 2020 - 02:23 PM

Hi pixie angel heart!

Y’all, I just found out that I’ve been counting watermelon calories wrong! No wonder I’m so fat! 5.4 oz is 46 cal and that’s not a lot since watermelon is so water dense, blah!

Also, what tdee calculator do you guys use? I’ve looked at several but don’t trust them bc they all say something different!

I’ve had 271 cal today (2:20pm) and don’t feel deprived at all. Not a lot going on with work today so kinda bored....might vacuum lol.
xo
  • *~pixie angelheart~* likes this
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#42 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2509 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 14 August 2020 - 07:22 PM

Trying to think if I have ever been so bored that vacuuming sounded good in comparison

Lol nope 😂
  • shannie likes this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#43 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2049 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 15 August 2020 - 09:27 AM

Trying to think if I have ever been so bored that vacuuming sounded good in comparison
Lol nope

This is what my life has come to, lol
  • thinstrument likes this
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#44 *~pixie angelheart~*

*~pixie angelheart~*

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 6042 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico (US)

Posted 15 August 2020 - 01:21 PM

Also, what tdee calculator do you guys use? I’ve looked at several but don’t trust them bc they all say something different!

I don't used TDEE calculators. Their values are only estimates, at best. There are so many things that go into any specific individual's metabolism that, like you, I don't trust them at all. If I exercise, I just consider it bonus calories burned and don't bother calculating what it means for my food consumption. I just make sure that I'm eating low enough (based on my own experimentation) to lose weight, with or without exercise.

• thinstrument and shannie like this

5'5"

Current BMI: "Normal" (i.e., FAT!)

Usual ED Diagnosis: 

AN (restricting type)

Lowest Adult Weight: 87 lbs (BMI 14.5)

HW: 165 lbs (pregnancy)

GW: 90 lbs (BMI 15)

~accountability~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4037131-angelhearts-hope-refusing-to-give-up-pics//

~pics~

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/gallery/album/5861-pics-of-me/

#45 Disciplined gal

Disciplined gal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 03:38 PM

I agree with Angel about the TDEE, especially at this age for me. Update on my week- down from 112 to 110.5. Was hoping for 2 lbs but I will take a loss and not a gain. I am hoping to move out of the 110’s soon. Although I had to take prednisone today for a sinus infection and it does mess with appetite and sleep for me.
  • *~pixie angelheart~* and shannie like this
Last starting weight: 130
———————————
Current weight: 109.5
———————————
Goal weight 1= 110
Goal weight 2= 105
Goal weight 3= 100

#46 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2049 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 15 August 2020 - 06:40 PM

Nice job, disciplined gal! I’ll take a loss any day of the week.

Sorry you’re feeling poorly, hope you’re better soon xo

I found out today I have to go out to brunch tomorrow, ugh!! I mean, It’s an awesome chance to see family that I haven’t seen since March, but boy do I so not want to eat! Part of it is Covid related and my intense fear of germs, but mostly it’s about the food. I looked at the menu online and found a couple of options 400 cal or less (of course, that’s for a whole giant portion and I’d only eat maybe a quarter or so) but still, when I’m deep into my ED I don’t like any change in schedule lol. And no, I don’t trust the calories listed on the menu.
xo

Oh, I did weigh this morning and I lost 3 lbs, so that was encouraging. ❤️
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#47 ANA_Nicole_Smith

ANA_Nicole_Smith

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 15 August 2020 - 08:48 PM

UPDATE on the liver... I had the  ultra sound and there is a "spot" that is inconclusive ,  but something  is there.

The Dr ordered an MRI to get a better look...BUT I dont want to continue on with this Dr.

I have only seen him the one time and i didnt like him, plus he is Semi retired (only works 3 days a week)  he made me wait a long time to get the test results, even tho they were sitting on his desk.

Sooo, I do have something wrong with my liver. 

Im seeing a new dr on the 25 and will continue on to get the MRI  asap.

Please, if alcohol is a problem try to stop. I did try for many years , but it took liver disease to make me stop.

I have slipped 1 time in Aug. but it wont happen again

• thinstrument, *~pixie angelheart~* and shannie like this

" You screw a couple hundred guys , and the whole world turns on ya" ~ Monica Velour

#48 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2509 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 08:38 AM

DD is all moved in.  We ate pizza.  It's all good. 

#49 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2049 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 16 August 2020 - 08:38 AM

UPDATE on the liver... I had the  ultra sound and there is a "spot" that is inconclusive ,  but something  is there.

The Dr ordered an MRI to get a better look...BUT I dont want to continue on with this Dr.
I have only seen him the one time and i didnt like him, plus he is Semi retired (only works 3 days a week)  he made me wait a long time to get the test results, even tho they were sitting on his desk.

Sooo, I do have something wrong with my liver. 
Im seeing a new dr on the 25 and will continue on to get the MRI  asap.

Please, if alcohol is a problem try to stop. I did try for many years , but it took liver disease to make me stop.
I have slipped 1 time in Aug. but it wont happen again

Hugs and lots of warm wishes coming your way xo

So glad to hear you’re finding a new dr and being vigilant about your health.

I was an alcoholic for many years. I say “was” because I don’t subscribe to the AA mantras. I quit mainly by using using rational recovery and it was an empowering life-saver for me. Drinking isn’t an option for me. Ever. Once I took it off the table as ever being an option again, it freed up my mind to seek better solutions. I’ve been sober over 5 years now. I quit cigarettes the same way. It really works.

You are in my prayers, sweetie.
xo
  • *~pixie angelheart~* and ANA_Nicole_Smith like this
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#50 ButtonsAligned

ButtonsAligned

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1323 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 August 2020 - 12:41 PM

I am keeping my head above water this month. My only goal will be to survive it. Got a blood glucose and ketone monitor to try to stay on track. I want to stop fluctuating and find balance. Everything i eat - I am recording. This has been my best defence against binge. With the data in front of me i am forced to face the truth.

It's always a good time for tea.

Please visit my current art project gallery and feel free to leave comments .

depositphotos_83105252-stock-illustratio

#51 Disciplined gal

Disciplined gal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 10:40 AM

Shannie- great job on the 3lbs! Way to go!! I totally understand the anxiety about going to eat with others. I hope the brunch went well. I am getting too many invites to eat out lately- and some are birthday things so I feel like I have to go. Drives me crazy and causes so much anxiety. Also I have anxiety about the pandemic as well.

Ana, I am sorry to hear about your liver. Hopefully you will be able to get more answers from the MRI. Prayers to you.
  • shannie likes this
———————————
———————————
Goal weight 1= 110
Goal weight 2= 105
Goal weight 3= 100

#52 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2049 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 17 August 2020 - 12:17 PM

I am keeping my head above water this month. My only goal will be to survive it. Got a blood glucose and ketone monitor to try to stay on track. I want to stop fluctuating and find balance. Everything i eat - I am recording. This has been my best defence against binge. With the data in front of me i am forced to face the truth.

Hugs Buttons xo

Keeping a food journal has helped me so much! I used to just keep track of calories on my phones calculator but sometimes it would reset to 0 and I’d have to go back through the whole day and try and remember everything. Once it’s there in black and white it just seems more real somehow.
  • ButtonsAligned likes this
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#53 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2049 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 17 August 2020 - 12:24 PM

Brunch was fine yesterday...ordered this Thai salad thingy with spicy vinaigrette on the side. The whole thing was like 440 cal but I only ate maybe 1/4 of it with no dressing so I counted it as 250 just to be safe lol. I definitely had some anxiety about eating inside a restaurant during Covid, but it was really nice to get back out in the world!
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#54 Fatcat1971

Fatcat1971

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2744 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 05:40 PM

Back at it in order to get back into the size zeros. I haven't weighed and won't for at least 2 weeks. I am hoping that the jeans will fit again by then, and I will be able to cope with the new number on the scale. I will start back at the gym next week. I am going to wean myself off of carbs in the meantime. I have some food at home to polish off, but I am fasting towards OMAD of about 700 calories, including 2 or 3 shots of vodka. I turn 50 in January and want to be at a lw.

#55 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2049 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:16 PM

Back at it in order to get back into the size zeros. I haven't weighed and won't for at least 2 weeks. I am hoping that the jeans will fit again by then, and I will be able to cope with the new number on the scale. I will start back at the gym next week. I am going to wean myself off of carbs in the meantime. I have some food at home to polish off, but I am fasting towards OMAD of about 700 calories, including 2 or 3 shots of vodka. I turn 50 in January and want to be at a lw.

Hi fatcat! Sorry, I don’t know all the acronyms, what’s OMAD?
xo
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#56 Disciplined gal

Disciplined gal

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:08 PM

Fasted all day until after work and then the stress of my air conditioning unit and outside fridge both breaking at the same time caused me to stress and lose control and consume more calories than planned. Ugh. I have got to stop stress eating. And I have lunch plans tomorrow so won’t be able to skip lunch. On a positive note (or maybe this is a bad thing) a coworker made a big deal about my weight today- saying I really looked thin. It was the first time anyone has noticed and I have lost about 20 pounds since we were shut down in March. The way she said it though was as in it was a bad thing- not in a “you look great” way.

Fatcat- I like OMADs too and try to stick to that when I can. Good luck getting into your zeros- you got this.
  • shannie likes this
———————————
———————————
Goal weight 1= 110
Goal weight 2= 105
Goal weight 3= 100

#57 ButtonsAligned

ButtonsAligned

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1323 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 August 2020 - 10:21 PM

Hugs Buttons xo

Thanks!

“Once it’s there in black and white it just seems more real somehow.”

Yes, that’s how I feel too
  • shannie likes this

It's always a good time for tea.

Please visit my current art project gallery and feel free to leave comments .

depositphotos_83105252-stock-illustratio

#58 Fatcat1971

Fatcat1971

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2744 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 05:46 AM

Hi fatcat! Sorry, I don’t know all the acronyms, what’s OMAD?
xo

OMAD =one meal a day.
  • shannie likes this

#59 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2509 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:56 AM

Hopefully back in the saddle today.  DD is moved in and she doesn't really eat a lot....my sister and her hubs came over to help with the move and they are used to 3 big meals a day.  I had 2 meals a day and weirdly got really full really fast.  I did eat more than I wanted to but not as much as I could have.

Didn't do great on the water either.  Probably got "enough" but would like to flush a few more things through today....

Glad I stayed off the scale as I am sure today would be no bueno

#60 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2049 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 18 August 2020 - 10:30 AM

Hopefully back in the saddle today.  DD is moved in and she doesn't really eat a lot....my sister and her hubs came over to help with the move and they are used to 3 big meals a day.  I had 2 meals a day and weirdly got really full really fast.  I did eat more than I wanted to but not as much as I could have.

Didn't do great on the water either.  Probably got "enough" but would like to flush a few more things through today....

Glad I stayed off the scale as I am sure today would be no bueno

Oh I hear you. Food and family *cringe*

My daughter will be here for the weekend and she eats what she wants without a second thought. And not only that, she orders out for almost every meal so I know I’ll be surrounded by tempting fries and nachos and all the good stuff!

I’ve been eating at or under 600 cal a day with no cheat days for almost 3 weeks. Today is the first day I’ve felt weak and foggy so I might try a few more calories the next couple of days. Weight loss is so slow after menopause blah.
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users