Totally unreasonable - EDNOS Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Totally unreasonable

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 allonsy

allonsy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:46 AM

Hi guys,

I am just being so dumb and I can’t stand it, but I don’t know how to change. I’ve been like this since high school, probably longer, and that’s almost a decade for me.

I do okay during the day and then I just eat so much at night! I don’t know why I can’t just eat normally during the day and not eat at night! It would be the same amount of calories, probably less, and then people would see me eating normally instead of always being weird around food. It’s like I’m embarrassed to be seen eating, but I also want to be seen to make it seem like everything is in order.

I just can’t bring myself to eat okay during the day. I don’t know what to do.

Do any of you have this problem? How are you handling it?
  • Sloane-Shanahan and aneles like this

height: 5'6

HW:145 l LW:95 l CW: 116 l GW:105

#2 lookgoodfeelgood

lookgoodfeelgood

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:18 PM

i had this problem where id eat really good throughout the day and then allow myself to eat more for dinner but then end up eating wayyy too much.. the only thing that helped me was doing OMAD and setting a calorie limit for myself like i only eat dinner and try to stay under 600 calories. some days i slip up and eat more but if i only eat once a day its hard to binge enough to ruin my progress. 

• aneles likes this

accountability: https://www.myproana...-140lbs-🧚🏻‍♀️/ 

cw: 160lbs (5'3)

#3 Cyclades

Cyclades

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • LocationI'm a citizen of the world

Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:54 PM

You could do 2 meals a day for breakfast and lunch and a small snack at night. That way most food is consumed early in the day so you feel fuller for longer

#4 allonsy

allonsy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:56 PM

i had this problem where id eat really good throughout the day and then allow myself to eat more for dinner but then end up eating wayyy too much.. the only thing that helped me was doing OMAD and setting a calorie limit for myself like i only eat dinner and try to stay under 600 calories. some days i slip up and eat more but if i only eat once a day its hard to binge enough to ruin my progress.

That’s kind of what I’m trying to do. I eat as little as possible during the day (maybe 1 cup fruit for breakfast, and like a hard boiled egg for lunch or no lunch, and I let myself have cashew milk (25 cal/cup) in my coffee) and then I make a reasonable healthy dinner that’s around 400-500 calories.

I just always want a snack after dinner!! Today I had frozen blueberries and low-fat yogurt, which I know isn’t the worst thing I could do, but it’s like 100 unneeded cals that I should just be able to cut out. I feel like if I weren’t having my stupid snacks I would have lost a lot more weight by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 allonsy

allonsy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:57 PM

You could do 2 meals a day for breakfast and lunch and a small snack at night. That way most food is consumed early in the day so you feel fuller for longer

I think my hunger signals are too messed up. It feels like I’m always hungry :(

#6 KyuuriKoma

KyuuriKoma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:18 AM

I understand you 100%. When I start eating dinner, it's so hard to stop grabbing more snacks right after. I don't know why, because I'm already full. Food just tastes so good.

Currently, the only thing saving me from doing that all the time is having a job most days where I get off late, at like 11pm or midnight. So I eat all my food before work and eat nothing or just a snack while at work. And when I get home, if I can just brush my teeth and jump into bed right away, I'm safe. It gets easier when it becomes a habit. But on my days off, I'm screwed  :unsure:  I just make those my higher calorie days.

I find planning my food is helpful, so I fully understand what choices will make me go way over my limit.

If you can, I recommend eating small amounts of things. Like, if you are craving a sweet snack after dinner, consciously take a small piece (like 3 blueberries instead of all of them). Feel how your craving is satisfied.

Height: 5' 7.5" HW: 150 lbs ・ CW: 135.6 lbs ・ GW/LW: 125 lbs

#7 allonsy

allonsy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 03 August 2020 - 11:54 AM

I understand you 100%. When I start eating dinner, it's so hard to stop grabbing more snacks right after. I don't know why, because I'm already full. Food just tastes so good.

Currently, the only thing saving me from doing that all the time is having a job most days where I get off late, at like 11pm or midnight. So I eat all my food before work and eat nothing or just a snack while at work. And when I get home, if I can just brush my teeth and jump into bed right away, I'm safe. It gets easier when it becomes a habit. But on my days off, I'm screwed :unsure: I just make those my higher calorie days.

I find planning my food is helpful, so I fully understand what choices will make me go way over my limit.
If you can, I recommend eating small amounts of things. Like, if you are craving a sweet snack after dinner, consciously take a small piece (like 3 blueberries instead of all of them). Feel how your craving is satisfied.

Yeah, I think you’re right. I have to plan my night snack and make it as low cal as possible. I also can’t sleep when I’m hungry, so just falling asleep to get through the hunger doesn’t work for me. I have sugar free cough drops by my bed, but when I’m in bed and hungry, I’m like, I don’t want a fucking sugar feee cough drop, I want literally anything with calories in it. I’m going to try sugar free jello and see how that works

#8 Sloane-Shanahan

Sloane-Shanahan

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 06:12 PM

I started intermittent fasting on purpose, and doing that very openly and with planning, but now it's just an ingrained habit, and I do have a tendency to binge at night now, whether I'm actively fasting during the day or not, I still want to stuff my face at night :(  I have no idea how to deal with it, and I appreciate that there are "benefits" to fasting in a health sense, so it's hard to give up the habit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users