How do y’all feel about the younger Ana crowd now that you’re older? - Page 3 - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How do y’all feel about the younger Ana crowd now that you’re older?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 NobodyDoll

NobodyDoll

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1304 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 07:48 PM

Sympathetic.

Yea, there's kinda the urge to say something silly like "don't make the mistakes I did!" ..but going back I don't know if I could do any better. Certainly not without all the time that seems so wasted, and I'm not even sure about my attempts now. You want to have something to tell somebody who is where you were. But.. the fact that you want their life to not end up as fucked up as yours doesn't really constitute advice. (And by "you" I of course mean "me," cuz I can only guess about what's going on in your head. Not that I do much better with my own head.)
  • Jay Jay likes this

#42 WaterGoddess

WaterGoddess

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 13 November 2020 - 09:35 PM

I post here and thinspo. I don’t post much. I feel too old to interact with these girls (I’m 37). It would be great to have a active group of ED women, but life is a real thing and time is an issue.

• rip_CathyKline and Darlington like this
SW: 170
UGW: 120
Every 5lbs is a goal reached.

weight.png

#43 Ashaleiie

Ashaleiie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 November 2020 - 11:54 PM

I would love to join. I turn 30 next month

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

#44 Blackdream

Blackdream

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 09:27 AM

i'm 38 and i don't feel like i fit in at all. i'd love to add you.

I definitely feel the same. every now and then I delete my account on here cause I feel dumb "hanging out" with people who are soooo much younger. I like having a sense of community so I keep coming back lol

Same here!! I still come on here when I’m feeling down/alone in my ed/in a really bad place ED wise, I guess especially lately with pandemic shit since since I’ve been more alone with everywhere closed and nothing interesting going on in my life and on and working from home, ha. Yet when I do browse the forum, I’m usually so disillusioned by the feeling of everyone being young and naive and early in their EDs dealing with shit like hiding their EDs from their parents or stuff with school etc. There’s just a major disconnect from the age difference. It’s not everyone, there are mature younger folks capable of thinking deeper and struggling with serious issues and issues common to anyone with an ed, but so much more so as time goes on, it’s harder to relate.
I’m always glad to feel the camaraderie of the 30+ forum and really should spend more of my time on here vs other boards lol. In particular, shit like people starting posts with “ya boiioiii” and other hip expressions that kids today use that weren’t around when we were under 30, ha. I can’t help but roll my eyes with cynicism when I read stuff, when though I know I was a naive teenager once and probably went through something similR 20 years ago.
They say with age comes cynicism, though... I suppose there’s more truth to that than I could’ve known 10 years ago!
Thanks for the relatable post. Glad you guys are around here to provide support and comfort and relatability!

I can relate to So many of this.
I know my eating habit is still weird.
I try to make It healthy but its very emotional and I ‘la always se me as fat.
I don’t like being a Ana creep but I like the sorority of it.

... I wish I could have people who don’t judge around me

I can SIT , STRETCH AND SLUMP on the guy next to me !!!

81850255a4af46afcb00837111955e14b3088590

#45 wing

wing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 10:20 PM

What is the name of the discord? I’m curious if I’m in it already

#46 thinnamonroll

thinnamonroll

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • LocationScarif, Abrion Sector, Outer Rim Territories

Posted 16 November 2020 - 08:56 AM

I feel like I'm able to relate to all ages.  My brother is only 16 and I coached high school athletes for several years so maybe that's why?

height: 5'10"

hw: 147

hw (pregnant): 162

lw: 112

cw: 114

bmi: 16.4

tumblr-d19060486a2beec0cf62884409c851b7-

#47 boundnotbroken

boundnotbroken

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1200 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:20 AM

I feel guilty & protective & really really maternal - especially now that I have children.
Like I want to wrap them in blankets, bring them home with me, and love them hard.

Height: 5'6''

ED-NOS (restrict, purge, obsess)

highest weight: 235

lowest adult weight: 117

<Gained For Pregnancy then multi-year Recovery>

<Gained more for second pregnancy>
Relapses suck.

current weight: 150 145 144

current BMI: 23.2

#48 _paperdoll

_paperdoll

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts
  • LocationChasing Rainbows

Posted 17 November 2020 - 09:34 AM

OMG! I'm so happy I found this thread. I took a hiatus because I felt weird replying to the younger crowd. Especially as a parent. I was tempted to delete my account altogether because I just didn't feel right. I have a kid entering his preteens and I imagined them sneaking onto a forum like this and thought "wow, what a sh*tty person I am". I'm still unsure if I want to remain here, but I've been a member for so long (under different usernames) and I really do find great support. This is my first day back after being gone for awhile. It's comforting to know i'm not alone in feeling like "the mom".

"No thanks, I'm not hungry."

#49 wing

wing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 09:36 AM

I have a 14 yr old daughter and some of these girls are 15.
It’s too close, I had to delete a discord today.
  • WaterGoddess likes this

#50 Marjaneh

Marjaneh

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1625 posts
  • LocationIstanbul, not Constantinople

Posted 25 December 2020 - 05:55 AM

I feel like the only difference between now and when I was that age is that everyone seems to have an goddamn anime profile pic and they all talk about their favorite Instagrammers/TikTokers/Youtubers/whatever rather than supermodels  :D

BMI ~ 14.9

Height ~ 5'10''

~ I just know that something good is going to happen. I don't know when, but just saying it could even make it happen. ~

#51 iWearKneeSocks

iWearKneeSocks

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 09:05 PM

Same. I’m always worried I’ll influence someone younger than I am in a negative way. I ended up making my own discord for 18+ to avoid feeling like that but even then there’s only a few of us in the late 20’s-30’s group and it occasionally feels awkward around the younger adults.
  • Darlington likes this

"She's skinny as a skeleton, ribs poking out at you."

(Closer To The Bone - by Tom Leonard & Logan Mader)

#52 gracieux

gracieux

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 09:24 AM

I can relate to this. I joined this platform when I was really young and wish I'd kept that account because it would be so interesting to read what I wrote when I was young. Even though there are conversations on this platform that definitely don't fit for me, and places where I wish I could tell younger folks to "get out while you can" (lol), it's helpful to have a place where others are going through the same thing. No one in my life understands this.

Female 30 years old 

HW: (BMI 19.5)

LW: (BMI 14.6)

CW: (BMI 18.0)

#53 cinderellafaye

cinderellafaye

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 January 2021 - 09:03 PM

I feel at a completely different place in my life than the younger crowd. Juggling an ed, husband, kid, and job is just different. I feel like a grandma on most posts.
  • leaving_here_soon likes this

#54 leaving_here_soon

leaving_here_soon

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:30 AM

It is interesting that there seems to be a repeat of what was happening 10 years ago, but now I have no idea what all the cultural references and, if anything, the lockdowns aroung the world and increased isolation seem to be causing more anxiety, and even making it a little more extreme?

What do you think?

#55 Leeludallas

Leeludallas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2021 - 06:10 AM

When I see thinspo I don’t see myself anymore. No matter how much weight I lose I won’t be young again. And that sometimes makes me sad sometimes. Still, my teens were a nightmare and my 20s not much better.
  • mimsy and pinkyfrilly like this

#56 TheBigRedMachine<3

TheBigRedMachine<3

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 January 2021 - 10:26 AM

I try to not engage with the younger crowd because I don't want to influence them, I feel like a creep for having a conversation with them, plus I cannot relate. 

Weight: 

SW: 144.4 (around 1/13/2021)

CW: 141.8 (1/26/2021)

Highest weight: 178

Lowest weight: 110

"Stable" weight: 135-140

Current Goal = 120 pounds 

UGW = 110

**PSA - my user name is in reference to my favorite wrestler... starting to think it may be interpreted as something else... :)

"This is just a courtesy call, this is just a matter of policy.  This is just an act of kindness to let you know that your time is up" - Courtesy Call.  Sixx AM

#57 chocolatewaif

chocolatewaif

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4585 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 02:37 PM

It is rather odd. I like ED twitter for collecting thinspo but I'm not apart of the communities. 

I wanna be special. So fucking special.

Height: 5'5"

Current: 121.5 | Start: 142 | Goal: 120 Ultimate: 110

#58 KittyMiss

KittyMiss

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:34 PM

It really doesn’t sit right with me, I’m
Not on TikTok anymore because so many kids are trying to get into ‘ana’ shit it’s so sad

nap me up, buttercup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users