Which illnesses could these symptoms indicate? [long] - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Which illnesses could these symptoms indicate? [long]

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GiantFailure

GiantFailure

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 02:34 PM

I have been unable to feel any hunger even though I have been restricting to no more than 700 calories for the past 142 days (I count them). Also, I function completely normal and not once felt dizzy or weak, I consistently walked 10k to 25k steps a day without a single exception.

Now, you probably don't believe me. Or you think to yourself 'why is that a problem? Sounds useful!'. But the reason I am posting this is because I suspect the above to be linked to something more problematic:

Since I was 5, I'm almost uncapable to feel thirst till this day and sometimes I forget to do so for days (I use a tracker on my phone now). It's a condition called adipsia/hypodipsia.
Maybe there is an equivalent for absence of hunger?

In addition, I've been missing my period for 14 months now (before that, it returned whenever I regularly ate over 1200 calories), my pulse is irregular and slightly faster and my hair started falling out. Moreover, I suffer from insomnia and have gotten no more than 4 hours of sleep for several months now.

Another problem is that I cannot tolerate heat. At all. My head starts to feel like it's swelling whenever I go outside, and ny eyes hurt as well (light sensitivity).

Then there's the issue with my pain sensation. Whenever I accidentally hurt myself bad(slipping on the stairs and hitting the floor withy my head for a concrete example) I am literally not sure if that's supposed to hurt/ how I should respond to the sensation.

The same goes for emotions: sometimes, I have a hard time figuring out what emotion I'm feeling at that particular moment. On other occasions, my emotional state is either amplified or basically lacking.

To me, it almost seems like I struggle with identifying/processing the nature and intensity of different kinds of essential body and brain signals.

All of this basically boils down to one question: does anyone know of illnesses that mess with the brain's ability to detect signals for hunger, sleep, pain, temperature and emotion and respond appropriately to them.
I'm worried (at least I know what I'm feeling right now)...

#2 GiantFailure

GiantFailure

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 02:50 PM

Also, I have trouble with my memory.

#3 fairies

fairies

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2608 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 05:18 PM

Are you able to go to the doctor?

#4 GiantFailure

GiantFailure

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 10:41 PM

Yes, but I'm not sure which one.

#5 bulimicbeautyhere15

bulimicbeautyhere15

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1412 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 04:10 PM

Genetic disorder of some sort?

I've seen youtube docs about "superhumans" who don't feel pain/hunger/thirst/tiredness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users