Desperately trying to slow my hair loss, help - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Desperately trying to slow my hair loss, help

Hair loss Hair thinning High restriction Health Hair care Heavy restriction Hair Beauty Hair growth Thin hair

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ignitus

Ignitus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 02:38 PM

I’m starting to panic. My hair thinning is starting to feel out of control. I’ve been diagnosed with a hair loss caused by a combination of rapid weight loss and shock (The shock is from when I got coronavirus back in March but I’m young and only felt feverish for a couple days, mostly had it easy, but apparently long term it can bring about hair loss). My dermatologist has just put me on rogaine and a gnc hair skin and nails supplement but everyday my hair gets thinner and thinner as I continue to heavily restrict. I feel strands breaking off every time I touch my hair and I feel like the supplement stuff isn’t enough for the rate at which this is worsening. The right side is especially flat and when I lift my hair my scalp is really visible. How can I take care of my hair each day to lessen the breakage as much as possible? It’s starting to really worry me and I don’t want this to become irreversible.

#2 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16949 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 09 August 2020 - 02:45 PM

When its falling out, stop washing it very much. The more you agitate it, the more it tends to come out. Its kind of like teeth, you don't mess around with teeth that feel slightly loose unless you want to start losing them, gums will eventually harden and such danger shall pass.

Comprehensive studies have shown that hair lost due to anorexia and/or rapid weight loss isn't permanent, and does regrow back.

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#3 Rdelshon

Rdelshon

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 03:12 PM

Hey i heard that viviscal works rlly god for hair loss. And pls try to eat more things containing ZINC XX

𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕨𝕚𝕤𝕙𝕖𝕤 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕣𝕦𝕖

#4 Struggle_2_Erase

Struggle_2_Erase

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 373 posts
  • LocationWonderland

Posted 14 August 2020 - 07:37 PM

I had hair loss from some medications, autoimmune disease, and possibly stress. All my doctors said to do was to take a hair/nail supplement, which I had already been taking for months. My hair was past my shoulders and pretty healthy before, and then it started coming out by the handfuls, which really affected my mental health. What I did was I stopped using harsh chemicals (I used to dye it), switched to a gentle hair regrowth shampoo (the science behind it was wishy washy but at least it smelled nice and was hypoallergenic) and kept taking my vitamins. I also cut my hair very short so losing it was less noticeable. Mentally it made me feel better only seeing short hairs in the tub versus my long locks going down the drain. It's been about a year since everything started, and my hair is finally growing back and not falling out. It takes time but if you focus on your full body health and give your body time to heal your hair should grow back.
  • phoenixthelost likes this

#5 H4rl3yQu1nn

H4rl3yQu1nn

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 11:17 PM

try taking a multivitamin and try to not wash it as often. I personally have fine hair which is prone to breakage anyway. I recently got my hair cut and my hair dresser said to stop using conditioner and gave me a deep cleaning shampoo and a treatment to replace the shampoo. Honestly it's made things better but try taking some zinc as well. If your nails are brittle and you skin is dry, it'll be an even better idea to take zinc.

weight.png

Height - 169cm

HW - 72kg / 158.7lbs
CW - 55.5kg 

GW1 - 70kg / 154.3lbs
GW2 - 65kg / 143.3lbs
GW3 - 60kg / 132.3lbs 
GW4 - 55kg / 121.3lbs 
GW5 - 50kg / 110.2lbs 
UGW6 - 45kg / 99.2lbs
??UGW7 - 40kg / 88.2lbs?? 

#6 Wafae

Wafae

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:12 AM

You can try out caffeine topicals. Like applying black or green tea to scalp directly couple times a week. It's very commonly used for stopping shedding.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hair loss, Hair thinning, High restriction, Health, Hair care, Heavy restriction, Hair, Beauty, Hair growth, Thin hair

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users