Nose piercing healing very slowly - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Nose piercing healing very slowly

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 milipede

milipede

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 02:02 AM

Hi! I got my nostril pierced around Christmas. They first put a stud in there until it heals, and only after that, they put a ring in. I came back about 3 months later as scheduled and they sent me home bc it hasn't healed, so I came back in mid-late June, and they did put the new jewelry in because they didn't wanna make me wait anymore, but commented on the really slow healing process, and how it should have been healed by now. I was just like hah yeah it's weird!

Anyway, I think the jewelry I got is either bad or I lost the end piece, but it keeps coming out, but I can change that I guess so not the point. Thing is, whenever I put it back in, it's super hard to do so, not just bc of the pain, but it's like I have to pierce through it again with some force, it feels like the hole closed up, and it's always a little raw for a bit after that. It doesn't hurt on its own, it's just sensitive when I touch it.

Do you think it will ever heal with restriction, and if there's still a chance when it's been in this long? Through the entire healing process, I was restricting to different degrees, mostly mid restriction, but I had two months ranging from high restriction to maintenance (~1000 - 1300) tho I was like, semi-binging so most of it wasn't very... Nutritious. But they did change it during the higher restriction period.

Do you have experience with piercings healing while restricting? How long did it take and how much did you restrict, and did you do something else for the healing process? Or is this normal? It's been about 8 months so I feel like putting the piercing in shouldnt hurt that much.

Odesláno z mého LM-G710 pomocí Tapatalk

#2 carlywantstobethin

carlywantstobethin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 02:17 AM

I had the same issue!! I bought a hinged hoop online & as soon as I started wearing it my nose started healing so fast!! I would recommend getting a hinged one so it closes! For the first week after putting in the hoop I put A & D ointment on & in my nose at the piercing site & healed perfectly!! hopefully this helps!!! make sure to clean it a lot too (: the hoop doesn’t move as much as a stud or get caught so theres less trauma to the area!
  • milipede likes this

#3 milipede

milipede

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 02:26 AM

I had the same issue!! I bought a hinged hoop online & as soon as I started wearing it my nose started healing so fast!! I would recommend getting a hinged one so it closes! For the first week after putting in the hoop I put A & D ointment on & in my nose at the piercing site & healed perfectly!! hopefully this helps!!! make sure to clean it a lot too (: the hoop doesn’t move as much as a stud or get caught so theres less trauma to the area!

Thank you so much exactly what I needed!! I'll look for one online! Was it specifically a hinged nose ring, or are they... Universal?

The ring I have can only be put in with one end and it has no end piece to hold it in so it's a struggle lol, and I can't even manage to put it in from the inside, so it looks awkward, but I didn't wanna take it out ofc. I'm glad I know what type to get now!

#4 LexiMcQueen

LexiMcQueen

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:04 AM

Mine never healed. I had it almost a year and it just never got better, it seemed to keep getting worse actually. I got keloids on it constantly and it was just so bad. In the end, I gave up and took it off and it healed perfectly then. Even my belly button piercing took like 1.5 years to heal properly. Some people just don't heal so well I guess.

• milipede likes this

#5 milipede

milipede

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 05:45 AM

Mine never healed. I had it almost a year and it just never got better, it seemed to keep getting worse actually. I got keloids on it constantly and it was just so bad. In the end, I gave up and took it off and it healed perfectly then. Even my belly button piercing took like 1.5 years to heal properly. Some people just don't heal so well I guess.

I'm sorry to hear that. My mom was the same, her body just completely rejected the piercing, some bodies just really don't want an object in the skin lol.
I'm not getting keloids (which is weird tbh bc my other scars are keloids) and I usually didn't have problems with healing before ED, but I'll try the tip from the previous reply and see if it works. It moving around constantly and falling out certainly isn't helping. Thank you for the reply. Did you keep your belly button jewelry or did it only heal after taking it out?

#6 Colour moving and still

Colour moving and still

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 11:07 AM

Hi! I got my nostril pierced around Christmas. They first put a stud in there until it heals, and only after that, they put a ring in. I came back about 3 months later as scheduled and they sent me home bc it hasn't healed, so I came back in mid-late June, and they did put the new jewelry in because they didn't wanna make me wait anymore, but commented on the really slow healing process, and how it should have been healed by now. I was just like hah yeah it's weird!

Anyway, I think the jewelry I got is either bad or I lost the end piece, but it keeps coming out, but I can change that I guess so not the point. Thing is, whenever I put it back in, it's super hard to do so, not just bc of the pain, but it's like I have to pierce through it again with some force, it feels like the hole closed up, and it's always a little raw for a bit after that. It doesn't hurt on its own, it's just sensitive when I touch it.

Do you think it will ever heal with restriction, and if there's still a chance when it's been in this long? Through the entire healing process, I was restricting to different degrees, mostly mid restriction, but I had two months ranging from high restriction to maintenance (~1000 - 1300) tho I was like, semi-binging so most of it wasn't very... Nutritious. But they did change it during the higher restriction period.

Do you have experience with piercings healing while restricting? How long did it take and how much did you restrict, and did you do something else for the healing process? Or is this normal? It's been about 8 months so I feel like putting the piercing in shouldnt hurt that much.

If the hole keeps closing it means your skin is really good at healing !!!. Mine did this too. The second time I got it pierced by some one else I was told it was pierced on an angle. So second they did it straight. This also happened when I put in a ring. I lost my piercing in the morning by the evening it was almost closed bc how fast it was healing. Thankfully I found it.
  • milipede likes this

#7 milipede

milipede

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 11:51 AM

If the hole keeps closing it means your skin is really good at healing !!!. Mine did this too. The second time I got it pierced by some one else I was told it was pierced on an angle. So second they did it straight. This also happened when I put in a ring. I lost my piercing in the morning by the evening it was almost closed bc how fast it was healing. Thankfully I found it.

Oh thank you so much! That's great to hear hahah hopefully it's not healing properly because of the constant movement of the ring and reopening rather than the bad healing as I thought.

And I feel you!! Glad you found it! lost my piercing right away too, even the lil secure stud with a crazy screw that's supposed to prevent movement. Went down the sink drain, and even then fell out pretty often. Had to haul my ass to the piercer for a replacement stud and they said its good I came right away bc it would be closed if I came the next day. It's stressful lol!

Now the ring keeps halfway pushing out even with facial expressions. Wonder if mine's at an angle too then, I've never heard/thought of that! Did they pierce it in the exact same spot as the previous piercing, just at a different angle, if you don't mind me asking?
Ty!!

#8 Colour moving and still

Colour moving and still

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1091 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 03:18 PM

Oh thank you so much! That's great to hear hahah hopefully it's not healing properly because of the constant movement of the ring and reopening rather than the bad healing as I thought.

And I feel you!! Glad you found it! lost my piercing right away too, even the lil secure stud with a crazy screw that's supposed to prevent movement. Went down the sink drain, and even then fell out pretty often. Had to haul my ass to the piercer for a replacement stud and they said its good I came right away bc it would be closed if I came the next day. It's stressful lol!

Now the ring keeps halfway pushing out even with facial expressions. Wonder if mine's at an angle too then, I've never heard/thought of that! Did they pierce it in the exact same spot as the previous piercing, just at a different angle, if you don't mind me asking?
Ty!!

Any time you get pierced and take it out and let skin grow over (heals) you will have some scar tissue so they did not put it in the same place but very close.
  • milipede likes this

#9 carlywantstobethin

carlywantstobethin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 11:38 PM

Thank you so much exactly what I needed!! I'll look for one online! Was it specifically a hinged nose ring, or are they... Universal?

The ring I have can only be put in with one end and it has no end piece to hold it in so it's a struggle lol, and I can't even manage to put it in from the inside, so it looks awkward, but I didn't wanna take it out ofc. I'm glad I know what type to get now!

any hinged hoop should work!!! A hinged hoop opens & locker so there is no bending the hoop open if that makes sense- it also means you can spin the hoop all the way around because it is shut!! I got a “20g hinged hoop” off of amazon & I love it!! This one is so easy to put in! You can reach in your nose & pull it through & lock it then done!! there are YouTube videos about them I believe!!!
  • milipede likes this

#10 milipede

milipede

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 04:29 AM

any hinged hoop should work!!! A hinged hoop opens & locker so there is no bending the hoop open if that makes sense- it also means you can spin the hoop all the way around because it is shut!! I got a “20g hinged hoop” off of amazon & I love it!! This one is so easy to put in! You can reach in your nose & pull it through & lock it then done!! there are YouTube videos about them I believe!!!

Tysm!! Excited to finally have an actual ring rather than a half moon poking out of my nose lol!

#11 sylveonn

sylveonn

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • Locationspace

Posted 12 August 2020 - 04:36 AM

have you tried putting antibiotic cream on it? that helped me with my helix piercings

. ゜* ˚・゚ Height - 170cm/5'7" CW - 68 HW - 90 LW - 61✧ ˚・゚* ゜.

weight.png

90 89 88 87 86 85 84 83 82 81

80 79 78 77 76 75 74 73 72 71

70 69 68 67 66 65 64 63 62 61

60 59 58 57 56 55   ugw: <55?

K6uBHqz.gif

.゜* ˚・゚𝓂𝓎 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑜𝓊𝓃𝓉𝒶𝒷𝒾𝓁𝒾𝓉𝓎 ✧ ˚・゚* ゜.

#12 pieeyedpisces

pieeyedpisces

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts
  • Locationprobably hell

Posted 08 September 2020 - 11:36 PM

cartilage piercings heal slowly for a lot of people, i had my helix pierced when i was 16 and kept the stud in for like a year but honestly it kinda hurt to sleep on that side for most of that time, it never looked infected or gross but it’d just get kinda red and sore. i bought a plain clicker hoop online just to see if i liked the style assuming i’d be replacing it soon cuz it was pretty inexpensive and i planned on spending a bit more when i knew i liked it but surprisingly i had 0 reaction to the metal (they sold it as gold tone stainless steel but honestly no clue if thats what it really is) so i’ve just kept it in for like four years now and my ear never bothers me anymore, i make sure to wash the area in the shower but aside from that no issues. i’ve heard doctors say that hydrogen peroxide can actually make the area less likely to heal so if you’re using that i’d recommend against it.

there is no one else left in wide Troy who is gentle or kind to me. they all shudder at me.
like a shadow, i am and i am not.

weight.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users