Can I jump on someone's 5 Bitte Diet accountability thread-or does someone want to do it with me? - Commercial Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Can I jump on someone's 5 Bitte Diet accountability thread-or does someone want to do it with me?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 kak2m4

kak2m4

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 06:47 PM

I got the book "Why Weight Around?" by Dr. Al Lewis and I've watched a video of him talking about his diet. The book is fairly informative and I found myself agreeing with several things he said.

I've done the diet the last 2 days, with a Monster Ultra for breakfast each morning (can't do black coffee on an empty stomach) although I've had some alcohol too (gin/vodka with sparkling water), although I shouldn't. I'm going to TRY to nix the alcohol consumption until Friday evening.

There are a lot of postings about the 5 Bite Diet here so I feel bad for adding another. But I also don't want to hijack someone else's post to use for my own accountability.

My scale has dead batteries so honestly not sure how much I weigh, I am kind of scared to know because I've been binging a lot lately, especially last week - 4 days in a row of being out of control. So I'm not sure where I'm at. Once I get more batteries I'll weigh myself. I will also be going on how I feel/how my clothes fit for weight loss measurements.

Anyone want to join me? I would love an accountability buddy!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#2 kak2m4

kak2m4

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 06:49 PM

And apparently I had a typo...that would be 5 Bite Diet, not 5 Bitte Diet. Ugh.

#3 Thinmint19

Thinmint19

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 06:53 PM

I would for sureee be down to do it with you if I had accountability access! Leaving this comment for now so that I can come back when I do get access!! 

• kak2m4 likes this

recovered, gained 150+ and so we're back! 

HW: 254

CW:234 233  229

GW: 140

UGW: 94

#4 Thinmint19

Thinmint19

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 06:54 PM

or were you just gonna post in this thread? if that's the case then I'm in lol.

• kak2m4 likes this

#5 kak2m4

kak2m4

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 07:31 PM

I was going to just post here! Might as well! You're in? When do you want to start? I will just continue and try not to have alcohol until Friday at least (Dr. Lewis says not to consume caloric beverages and to limit alcohol while on the diet).
I do plan to continue to have the Monster Zero Ultra (10 calories) and a can of diet Dr. Pepper for breakfast.

#6 Thinmint19

Thinmint19

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:18 PM

I was going to just post here! Might as well! You're in? When do you want to start? I will just continue and try not to have alcohol until Friday at least (Dr. Lewis says not to consume caloric beverages and to limit alcohol while on the diet).
I do plan to continue to have the Monster Zero Ultra (10 calories) and a can of diet Dr. Pepper for breakfast.

I'm down to start when you are! tomorrow?! 

I don't plan on giving up my diet root beer either lol. I also take pre workout usually once a day before my run but it's 0 cal. 

#7 kak2m4

kak2m4

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:45 PM

Yep! Here we go! Post however often you want to! I'll try to update daily!

#8 Thinmint19

Thinmint19

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 09:04 PM

same here! I'll update tomorrow after dinner! super excited. 

#9 kak2m4

kak2m4

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 06:32 PM

I haven't eaten dinner yet. Today has been really hard for some reason. I started following this way of eating on Sunday so I think that's part of my problem. I binged so much last week I got used to the feeling of constant fullness so being hungry has kinda taken a toll on me! I'm hoping I get more used to it over the next couple of days. The book says you can feel crappy for the first 3 days or so while you're resetting your hungerstat, and if you feel super hungry after a week you're toying with your hungerstat (and should stop...haha).

I had my Monster Zero Ultra and diet Dr. Pepper for breakfast and 5 bites of rice/beef/broccoli combo. It's frozen stuff from the store that I cooked up. I cut the beef and broccoli really small so I could get a bite of each one in for lunch. Then I think we plan to have BLTs for dinner. Since I'm only taking 5 bites I don't really care what I'm eating lol! I had a Quest Hero bar yesterday for lunch and felt a lot more full. I may need to eat something more calorie dense for lunch tomorrow. The book says to eat a Snickers candy bar for lunch or dinner once in a while to really get an idea of the volume of food you should be taking in...so I may do that tomorrow for lunch!

I weighed myself after getting batteries for my scale. I guarantee I was probably 148 (or higher...I really went crazy last week) Saturday evening and today after lunch today I was 143.8. I don't plan to weigh in again until Tuesday morning next week. Weighing every day makes me super anxious because my weight fluctuates so much.

I'll update more after dinner!

• Thinmint19 likes this

#10 kak2m4

kak2m4

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 06:33 PM

Sorry for my novel!

#11 Thinmint19

Thinmint19

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 07:57 PM

You're doing awesome! It's always so much harder after a few days of binging..

Today I had five bites of a protein bar and a few diet root beers but so far that's it.

I'm not sure If I will do dinner or not.. We are out of groceries until I can go back to the store, husband is going to order a pizza but I'm worried if I try to do five bites I'll binge so we will see! I'll update if I end up eating more tonight. 

#12 Thinmint19

Thinmint19

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 08:44 PM

I ended up eating five bites of a pepperoni pizza

and two bites of cheesy jalapeno bread, super glad i didn't go over board! 

so 12 bites total,  500/550 ish cals for the day. 

• kak2m4 likes this

#13 kak2m4

kak2m4

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 10:05 PM

Nice, you did awesome, especially with the pizza and bread! Huge victory to have only had 7 bites total. How do you feel today?
You inspired me yesterday talking about diet root beer, so I went to the store to get some and had to go with diet cream soda. But it's awesome!
What kind of protein bar do you prefer?
I ended up eating 4 bites of my BLT (I added some super sharp cheddar cheese) and 1 bite of couscous. I loooove couscous so it was hard to stop at 1 bite. But I wanted the substantialness of the sandwich more.

I'm hoping I feel a little more energetic tomorrow. This morning when I was getting ready I almost sat down in the shower from feeling weak.

• Thinmint19 likes this

#14 Thinmint19

Thinmint19

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 10:50 PM

Nice, you did awesome, especially with the pizza and bread! Huge victory to have only had 7 bites total. How do you feel today?
You inspired me yesterday talking about diet root beer, so I went to the store to get some and had to go with diet cream soda. But it's awesome!
What kind of protein bar do you prefer?
I ended up eating 4 bites of my BLT (I added some super sharp cheddar cheese) and 1 bite of couscous. I loooove couscous so it was hard to stop at 1 bite. But I wanted the substantialness of the sandwich more.

I'm hoping I feel a little more energetic tomorrow. This morning when I was getting ready I almost sat down in the shower from feeling weak.

Diet root beer is seriously my favorite, it's so sweet that it basically eliminates any sweet cravings I may have!  I may try out diet cream soda as well. 

that BLT sounds amazing! I love extra sharp cheddar.

I felt pretty good today! I've been restricting for a few days now so that may be why I wasn't feeling awful. 

I'm going shopping with my mom tomorrow out of town, so that should be interesting.. We were supposed to go today and I was kinda glad we didn't since I knew it would be harder to resist when eating out and stuff like that, but she wants to go tomorrow now! 

I'm thinking I could convince her to stop for sushi for lunch, I feel like it would be easy enough to manage! 

#15 kak2m4

kak2m4

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 09:25 AM

Agreed! Good luck and have fun shopping!

#16 kak2m4

kak2m4

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 01:30 PM

I took 10 bites for lunch I wasn't even really that hungry, I ate a Snickers and felt really sick afterward so I had a couple of crackers. Now I feel bloated and gross. Definitely not worth it, and I just effed up resetting my hungerstat. I'm going to try to keep dinner to 2 bites, or not eat at all.

• Thinmint19 likes this

#17 Thinmint19

Thinmint19

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 03:24 PM

Also had about 10 bites for lunch. We went to Panda Express, I got kung pao chicken with half white rice half super greens. 

Going to fast for dinner to make up for it. :( 

• kak2m4 likes this

#18 kak2m4

kak2m4

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 07:17 PM

Sorry girlfriend It sounds like at least your food was somewhat healthy! Were you able to fast for dinner? Does your hubby say anything when he sees you not eating?
I ended up taking 6 bites for dinner, boo! I felt bad, hubby made burgers and steak fries. I had 3 bites of the burger patty...two bites of fries (one fry was 2 bites) and 1 bite of a fried mac and cheese ball. I meant to only take 1 bite of the fry, but then I stupidly ate the other half. I felt like he was watching me so I was trying to be cool about it. I gave most of my burger to our dog which she was very happy about!

#19 Thinmint19

Thinmint19

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 08:58 PM

Sorry girlfriend It sounds like at least your food was somewhat healthy! Were you able to fast for dinner? Does your hubby say anything when he sees you not eating?
I ended up taking 6 bites for dinner, boo! I felt bad, hubby made burgers and steak fries. I had 3 bites of the burger patty...two bites of fries (one fry was 2 bites) and 1 bite of a fried mac and cheese ball. I meant to only take 1 bite of the fry, but then I stupidly ate the other half. I felt like he was watching me so I was trying to be cool about it. I gave most of my burger to our dog which she was very happy about!

Oh absolutely.. He knew me when I was in my AN phase and with me all the way through recovery and gaining all this weight..

He supports me losing weight in a "healthy" way but I'm careful to not let him catch on to me restricting heavily. He doesn't really understand that I've gotten so overweight that heavy restriction isn't really "bad" for me anymore. It's better than being obese.. but I just don't want to make him upset or worried so I don't bother explaining. 

Yes, I was able to fast.. Husband is out with friends tonight so I could just feed the kids and not have to pretend, I'm going to try and get to bed early though.. My binges always come on late at night.

You did awesome! Fries are so bingeable for me so i'm not sure I could do just a couple bites lol. 

#20 kak2m4

kak2m4

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 12:38 PM

Totally get it! Kinda nice that he's been with you through it all though. I hope that makes him more understanding. I get having to be careful to not let him catch on. Same way here.
A lot of people don't understand that if you're carrying extra weight that restricting isn't necessarily a bad thing. Same thing with my husband. He knows I have issues, I've been very open with him in the past about it. In my opinion if he's not worried about me being a little overweight and stuffing my face like a pig, why be worried about me when I'm restricting and losing?

I'm done with the consistent binging stuff (it is my goal anyway). I'm significantly higher in weight now than I was last summer, and it's due to binging so often.

Glad you were able to fast last night!! Good for you! How do you feel today?

This morning was the first morning I woke up without a headache, so that was kinda nice. And I haven't been super hungry either. I drank a diet Dr. Pepper and Monster Zero for breakfast and my stomach rumbled some, but not unbearably, and I have more energy today than I have the last couple of days. I noticed I was "wanting" to eat but it was more psychological than anything.

I'm having 3 bites of beef and broccoli and 2 small fries for lunch. Man it was hard to not have a bunch of fries. I did full spoonfuls of the beef and broccoli.

Sorry about my novels!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users