Nipple piercings - what to expect? - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Nipple piercings - what to expect?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Can.You.Not

Can.You.Not

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 August 2020 - 02:28 AM

so after years of wanting them i’ve finally booked in to get both done tomorrow and i’m fucking scared not gonna lie lol so

1. how much is it gonna hurt be honest
2. how long did yours take to heal
3. what’s the aftercare like
4. will i get crusty nipples

#2 SilentFlower

SilentFlower

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 02:35 AM

Hello there. 

I got both my nipples pierced (female) 

I got one done to see how i digged the vibe and cause i could only afford to get one lol. 

It was sore but not hella sore? Then again I did go out drinking and do have a high pain tolerance. its more the healing process. I swelled up and had to put in another longer bar which was hahaha sore as i did it myself I know insert reckless. 

My nose ring hurt more? But he fucked up and hsd to repierce it. Breath in and out and maybe take a pain pill after bearing it is not a blood thinning one

I then much later got my second one done (like 4 or 5 years) as i had that itch to get another piercing and well to have symmetry so i chose another nipple piercing. The second one hurt more or maybe because it was a different piercer who went deeper and pierced slower? which i fine cause i would rather have a great piercing with more pain then a rush screw piercing. 

To give u some background i do not have big nipples. Mine are small and do not stand through my shirt. I did retire both of them as they got in the way when i would exercise and well 5 years later for the one and 2 years later on the other i still got crushties. i also guess I had one to many bad experiences with it getting caught, 

So some people I guess like me got crusties for years but not everyone is the same. Just clean then every morning in the shower. 

I never wore nipple shields only a bar. 

I jumped between a 34 D bra size. 

• Can.You.Not likes this

Accountability Below       
sml_gallery_229386_67321_960.jpg

#3 toxic_glow

toxic_glow

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 02:53 AM

I have one nipple pierced 5 years ago.

1. It did hurt, but it was okay. I was self harming myself, so pain is not an issue for me anyway. And I had a medusa piercing, too, and that one hurt more. It's going to be sensitive, like every wound, but keep it clean, and it's gonna be okay.
2. I don't know anymore.
3. Make sure this piercings is long enough, so it has space to move, you have space to clean, and secretion can run out.
4. I didn't get crusty nipples. If you keep them clean, it's not going to build up anyway.

I had a piercing that was too short which caused irritation and build up of secretion, but even that didn't cause an infection. And I never had problems with it doing sports either, I wear a sports bra that keeps everything in place :)

And make sure it's perfectly horizontally/vertically if you don't intend to have a diagonal one.

Good luck tomorrow :)

#4 seakissed

seakissed

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1459 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 02:56 PM

Hi!

I did mine in March (only one) and it didn't hurt AT ALL. Maybe it was because I didn't feel nervous at all, I was mostly excited to have it. Mid-piercing she even misplaced the needle and even then I barely felt anything. It only hurt afterwards (like 15 mins after) but I took a painkiller and never felt any pain or discomfort after that.

I'd say it took 2 weeks to heal (but it can take up to a year to fully heal) and I received a cream that I had to put every morning and evening on my nipple with a Q-tip for a week. After applying the cream for one week, I had to throw it away and then start using an alcohol-free disinfectant spray (it was included in the price, but ask your piercer for the brand you should get, usually they sell them at the shop too) directly on the nipple with a Q-tip too. I think I did that for two weeks or so. I also did sea salt soaks (I'm gonna be honest and say that I didn't do them a lot) - you're supposed to do them for a few weeks, maybe a month / month and a half, I'm not sure. But don't worry, your piercer should explain every step to you! I even got a little booklet with all the explanations.

My nipple got crusty a few times, but it was barely noticeable. I cleansed it and it would go away (but use fragrance and soap-free body wash!). Apart from that, they healed REALLY well. Would 100% recommend but I guess it depends on your pain tolerance and how your body reacts to it.

Oh, and one more thing, I constantly wore and even slept with a padded sports bra. I did that up until 1 or 2 months ago to make sure it healed well. If you wear bras, I wouldn't recommend wearing lace bralettes for example in the first weeks after your piercing. The padded sports bra DEFINITELY helped. At first it was weird to sleep with it but then I kind of forgot about it. Would definitely recommend doing that! And also, try to not sleep on your breasts / put pressure on your piercings when you sleep because that could infect the piercing. And I'm sure you know this, but don't touch them and twist them until it's fully healed.

I think I said everything that's important! :) Don't be nervous, take deep breaths and don't stress too much over it. Good luck!

• Can.You.Not likes this

nightingale, sweet-voiced messenger of spring

#5 Can.You.Not

Can.You.Not

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 August 2020 - 06:09 AM

cheers everyone for the tips!! just got them done and they literally didn’t hurt at all lmao i worked myself up over nothing
  • seakissed likes this

#6 sadbitchszn

sadbitchszn

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 16 September 2020 - 12:24 PM

For those that have it and decided they wanted to take it out after x amount of time, does the hole close up eventually? Or is it like a nose ring where the hole is still always kind of there?

I want to get mine done soon, I'm just curious what would happen to my nipples if I decided to retire them.

34bEv.jpg

#7 isthisthereallife?

isthisthereallife?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 02:28 PM

For those that have it and decided they wanted to take it out after x amount of time, does the hole close up eventually? Or is it like a nose ring where the hole is still always kind of there?

I want to get mine done soon, I'm just curious what would happen to my nipples if I decided to retire them.

i used to have ine of my nipples pierced for about a year when i had pneumonia and needed to take it out to do a chest x-ray. i would say the hole closed immediately cause i tried to put it back a couple of hours later and it it wouldn't go in anymore. there was still a little mark afterward but even that is completely gone now
  • sadbitchszn likes this

#8 strawberryXswitchblade

strawberryXswitchblade

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Locationnone of your business

Posted 08 October 2020 - 12:39 AM

Hello there. 

I got both my nipples pierced (female) 

I got one done to see how i digged the vibe and cause i could only afford to get one lol. 

It was sore but not hella sore? Then again I did go out drinking and do have a high pain tolerance. its more the healing process. I swelled up and had to put in another longer bar which was hahaha sore as i did it myself I know insert reckless. 

My nose ring hurt more? But he fucked up and hsd to repierce it. Breath in and out and maybe take a pain pill after bearing it is not a blood thinning one

I then much later got my second one done (like 4 or 5 years) as i had that itch to get another piercing and well to have symmetry so i chose another nipple piercing. The second one hurt more or maybe because it was a different piercer who went deeper and pierced slower? which i fine cause i would rather have a great piercing with more pain then a rush screw piercing. 

To give u some background i do not have big nipples. Mine are small and do not stand through my shirt. I did retire both of them as they got in the way when i would exercise and well 5 years later for the one and 2 years later on the other i still got crushties. i also guess I had one to many bad experiences with it getting caught, 

So some people I guess like me got crusties for years but not everyone is the same. Just clean then every morning in the shower. 

I never wore nipple shields only a bar. 

I jumped between a 34 D bra size. 

A piercer told me the first one doesn't really hurt because of the adrenaline rush you get right before it gets pierced, but since you know what it's like after you get the first one done, the adrenaline goes away a little and that's why you always feel the second one more 

STATS: age:18  height:5'5"             

highest weight: 140 lbs

lowest weight: 100 lbs

goal weight 1: 130 lbs

goal weight 2: 120 lbs

goal weight 3: 100 lbs 

goal weigh 4:   95??? tbh idk if i wanna go lower yet

current weight: 140 132 125 120 112 100!

tenor.gif?itemid=9723253

#9 Can.You.Not

Can.You.Not

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 October 2020 - 06:44 PM

A piercer told me the first one doesn't really hurt because of the adrenaline rush you get right before it gets pierced, but since you know what it's like after you get the first one done, the adrenaline goes away a little and that's why you always feel the second one more

i definitely feel like the second one ‘hurt’ more but honestly neither of them hurt really. she used a numbing spray and then we just chatted for a few mins to let the spray take effect, and also she pierced them super fast which i wasn’t expecting as i watched a couple videos of the piercing happened and the piercer always went SUPER slow like a good 5 seconds per nipple, whereas mine did it in literally like half a second. the only thing i regret is not getting them done sooner lmao it was less painful than my earlobes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users