Looking for guy friends - Males with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Looking for guy friends

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Katurian

Katurian

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 August 2020 - 02:05 AM

Anyone else feeling isolated lately, what with ED stuff plus covid?

I barely have any male friends in real life; I'd love to talk to some new people who can relate to all this. Maybe keep each other on track with goals (ED related or otherwise), or just chat about life, share music, all that kind of stuff.

I'd be down to talk over discord or whatsapp--if you like, dm me and I can give you my contact info (I'm a bit too paranoid to post it here, since this forum isn't hidden)

Thanks for reading; take care :)

• crow-nova and shua like this

He/Him, 23

Spoiler

#2 raidmaster69

raidmaster69

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 927 posts
  • Locationindia

Posted 16 August 2020 - 02:12 AM

hi!

hey, you matter to us. 

To-Be Editorial Model | 17

my instagram : https://www.instagram.com/r0hyl/

my accountability : https://www.myproana...ics/?p=73421083

#3 Katurian

Katurian

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 August 2020 - 02:18 AM

hi!

Hullo, how's it going?

He/Him, 23

Spoiler

#4 raidmaster69

raidmaster69

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 927 posts
  • Locationindia

Posted 16 August 2020 - 02:25 AM

boutta go for a really long walk :) i get the isolation thing, what's up?

hey, you matter to us. 

#5 Katurian

Katurian

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 August 2020 - 02:39 AM

boutta go for a really long walk :) i get the isolation thing, what's up?

Nice! I hope it's a good one. Walking's so underrated, imo.

It's almost 1am here, but I can't sleep. Just being a night owl, listening to podcasts, waiting for morning to happen. Hard not to be restless these days, the world's a bit crazy and the usual distractions are gone.

He/Him, 23

Spoiler

#6 raidmaster69

raidmaster69

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 927 posts
  • Locationindia

Posted 16 August 2020 - 05:33 AM

Nice! I hope it's a good one. Walking's so underrated, imo.

It's almost 1am here, but I can't sleep. Just being a night owl, listening to podcasts, waiting for morning to happen. Hard not to be restless these days, the world's a bit crazy and the usual distractions are gone.

ikr?! being a night owl is sometimes just the thing we need.

always walk/run away from your life. hope you have a nice sunday.

hey, you matter to us. 

#7 Occoco

Occoco

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 11:11 AM

Good to see few guys over here too

The chat is filled with girls, transguys and -girls but really lacks guys so nice to see you two here

I am down to chat on discord as well if you guys have a chat I can join! :)

#8 Katurian

Katurian

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 August 2020 - 12:49 PM

Good to see few guys over here too

The chat is filled with girls, transguys and -girls but really lacks guys so nice to see you two here

I am down to chat on discord as well if you guys have a chat I can join! :)

Thanks for saying hi :)

You might want to know that I'm trans myself--I worded my title like this to include both cis and trans men, because I'm happy to talk to both. I was trying to be inclusive, not misleading; sorry if I made the wrong call there.

It seems like a lot of cis guys are frustrated with the number of trans guys here; if we make it harder for you to feel like you've got a community you can relate to, that really sucks, because it's hard already to find places to talk about ED (or mental health) stuff as men. There definitely is a weird tension on the men's forum; I notice it too. Makes it hard to want to talk out in the open about basically anything.

That said, though, the world treats me like a man like 95% of the time at this point. I can't really relate to women's issues, and I don't want to constantly live in the mindset of pre- or early transition now that I don't have to. Physically, I don't have much in common with women anymore either. So who else can I go to, other than men in general? That's the category I'm living in at this point, except for occasional medical stuff. But, like, who defines themself by a couple doctor's appointments rather than by the way they live the rest of their life, y'know? I'm not trying to barge in and crowd out the rest of you--just, where else would I reasonably be expected to go?

I'm not gonna tell you that you have to think you've got anything in common with me; that's up to you. If you'd still like to talk, though, even about this^ stuff, you can message me; I seriously mean that. (It's probably a bit of a thorny topic to discuss on the forums, though, and I don't want to turn this thread into a debate.) But I get it if you're looking for something else, too.

• diet pill, mugshotbash and boy robot like this

He/Him, 23

Spoiler

#9 Guest_thinnskinnyy_*

Guest_thinnskinnyy_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2020 - 01:40 PM

I would love to be friends with anyone and everyone who wants to. I mainly use Snapchat/iMessage/text. But I’d be down to use a different social media if needed. I just want friends who understand.
  • Katurian likes this

#10 Occoco

Occoco

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for saying hi :)

You might want to know that I'm trans myself--I worded my title like this to include both cis and trans men, because I'm happy to talk to both. I was trying to be inclusive, not misleading; sorry if I made the wrong call there.

It seems like a lot of cis guys are frustrated with the number of trans guys here; if we make it harder for you to feel like you've got a community you can relate to, that really sucks, because it's hard already to find places to talk about ED (or mental health) stuff as men. There definitely is a weird tension on the men's forum; I notice it too. Makes it hard to want to talk out in the open about basically anything.

That said, though, the world treats me like a man like 95% of the time at this point. I can't really relate to women's issues, and I don't want to constantly live in the mindset of pre- or early transition now that I don't have to. Physically, I don't have much in common with women anymore either. So who else can I go to, other than men in general? That's the category I'm living in at this point, except for occasional medical stuff. But, like, who defines themself by a couple doctor's appointments rather than by the way they live the rest of their life, y'know? I'm not trying to barge in and crowd out the rest of you--just, where else would I reasonably be expected to go?

I'm not gonna tell you that you have to think you've got anything in common with me; that's up to you. If you'd still like to talk, though, even about this^ stuff, you can message me; I seriously mean that. (It's probably a bit of a thorny topic to discuss on the forums, though, and I don't want to turn this thread into a debate.) But I get it if you're looking for something else, too.

My apologies , I misunderstood your post and just have to say, thank you for clearing it up

Have a nice Monday!

#11 Katurian

Katurian

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 August 2020 - 02:32 PM

My apologies , I misunderstood your post and just have to say, thank you for clearing it up

Have a nice Monday!

Take care :)

He/Him, 23

Spoiler

#12 kh99

kh99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 August 2020 - 06:14 PM

also a guy, would love to chat to like minded people

#13 boy robot

boy robot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:30 AM

I would love some friends to chat with from here :) isolation has me so bored all day lol

#14 Guest_thinnskinnyy_*

Guest_thinnskinnyy_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2020 - 07:52 AM

I would love some friends to chat with from here :) isolation has me so bored all day lol

you should add me on snapchat or something! if you want. i’m always wanting new friends

#15 Zalii

Zalii

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 03:32 AM

I'd be down to join a discord chat, that'd be fun. Not much representation of guys around here afterall.

#16 oujisama

oujisama

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1552 posts
  • Locationteyvat

Posted 06 September 2020 - 09:38 AM

I'd be down to join a discord chat, that'd be fun. Not much representation of guys around here afterall.

I'm definitely interested in a group chat on discord as well! If you make one OP I can PM you my username on there.

daht2n9-657ce722-bb23-416b-baff-44836ee4

d86kpls-359c10b8-1779-4663-b5ec-7066fd2d Height: 162.5cm - CW: 53.7kg - GW: 44kg - UGW: Happy d72ad6c-f22ee36a-6e1f-4eb7-a1df-f422ac15

My Accountability Thread

#17 Occoco

Occoco

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 01:54 PM

I'm definitely interested in a group chat on discord as well! If you make one OP I can PM you my username on there.

PM me as well if there is one!

#18 Rotten_Doll

Rotten_Doll

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 04:16 AM

Ask and you shall receive: https://discord.gg/YDumXE

---
When the floor of the gallows drops away I will think of you

---

#19 sblsg

sblsg

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:18 PM

Can someone pm me a recent link? I really need friends.

#20 boy robot

boy robot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 19 December 2020 - 10:35 PM

definitely been feeling this, disorder stuff has been bad since being alone for this long, would love some guys to chat with :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users