My fast while living with family [Success] - Fasting and Cleansing - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

My fast while living with family [Success]

skinny fast fasting skinnygirl 30dayfast longtermfast accountability

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#1 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 August 2020 - 10:05 PM

***UPDATE: This fast is complete. NOW: Maintaining after the fast and how I break my fast starts on PAGE 6 (desktop version)***

A bit about me: I live with my hyper aware family who already keeps looking over my shoulder every second. They let me fast for 'health benefits' (there are a lot of studies that support fasting for health i.e. cancer, heart attack, etc.)

I have really defined collar bones and skinny arms, but my legs hold all my fat = I look unhealthy quicker, even withought underweight. I really don't like my legs, so I am fasting some more.

This thread is about fasting with my family watching me. It will be a 30 day fast, though they might think it's only 20 days. I just smear food in a bowl and leave dirty dishes out in the open. I try to make foods my dog can eat so I don't waste any. This way I can say I already ate for a few days before they sit me down to eat.

5'11" = 179.5 cm

I will drink water, tea and the occasional diet soda. I will also take minerals in form of saline electrolytes (you get those on Amazon. They taste bad, but they work wonders during fasting).

I track my weight once a week. Sometimes more, but only when no one is watching. This way I can get away with fasting longer, because I can tweak the measurements I later have to show to my family. We have a smart scale, but you can out-smart it.

Workouts will be low-intensity. i.e. 1h walk around the streets, some abs, 5 lbs lifting. Throughout the fast I might go on a run, but it really depends on how I am feeling because I almsot passed out multiple times during my last fast  - so I really listen to my body here.

I will post everything I drink and do everyday and how many calories I burn off (just so you know)

This works because I already fasted twice for 28 days each. My first fast I went from 175 lbs to 168 lbs and in my second fast I went down to 136 lbs (dropped 6 bmi points and lost 40lbs).  

Both fasts happened within a span of 4 months, but I gained half of it through alcohol. Now I am fasting off the last bit again to hitting the underweight bmi.

SW: 163 lbs
CW: 135 lbs = 61.3 kg (last weigh in: September 19, 2020)

BMI: 18.8
5'11'' = 179.5 cm

GW1: 160 lbs
GW2: 155 lbs
GW3: 150 lbs
GW4: 145 lbs
GW5: 140 lbs
GW6: 135 lbs

Goals: 

Thigh gap

Collarbones

Chest Bones

Straight legs

Lying on side Thigh gap

Tiny waist

Abs

18 bmi

Feel free to post anything you like, as well as your progress or if you have any questions

This format is from an accountability thread I saved on here made by "Allibizzz". She isn't on here anymore, but she was super inspiring; so if you find the thread, go read it it's so worth it!!!

• wasting, Choco_Bitch_612, dusty_rose and 6 others like this

My completed successful 30 day fast here.

7aDym4.png

Height: 5'11

#2 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 August 2020 - 02:44 PM

My weigh in this morning was at almost 163 lbs. I drank a

big jug of green tea,

1 diet mountain dew and

1 diet iced tea.

I drank too less water, which is probably why I have a headache. I might go to the gym later and ride the bike a bit - low intensity. I was renovating a house today, so I was up on my feet all day.

I'm planning a big tea and a movie later. Maybe Breaking Bad.

Tomorrow I will drink some electrolytes in the morning. Defenitely more water on the plan.

• orochimaruuu likes this

7aDym4.png

#3 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 20 August 2020 - 07:41 PM

YAY I MADE IT. The first four days are the hardest and I already got one done! I had more water and a broth with a cube of buillon flavor (5cal). No exercise today, but that's ok. I've been having a headache, but now im going to bed and taking a headache pill.

• dusty_rose likes this

7aDym4.png

#4 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 August 2020 - 11:27 AM

I woke up this morning and weighted myself and I was alread at 158lbs!!!

I had:

1 big jug of green tea

1L of Club Soda Water (fills you up really well!)

Diet peach tea

1 water with electrolytes

2 pieces of gum (total 5 cal)

more water

I'm a bit hungry, but I don't have a headache anymore and doing fine otherwise. I've been renovating the house some more, so on my feet since 7am. I might go to the gym later and ride the bike. My family knows I'm fasting now, so for them it officially started today. Will update on gym.

Update! I went to the gym for 1.5h and rode the bike and walked on the threadmill. Total burned 364 cal!!!

I had 3L water with a cube of chicken bouillon (5cal) for dinner.

7aDym4.png

#5 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 August 2020 - 05:26 PM

Day 3

Woke up to 156 lbs!!

I had:

Seltzer water

Diet peach tea

Carmomille tea

A sip of an immunity shot (2 cal)

Water

Exercise: Walking and renovating the house

7aDym4.png

#6 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 August 2020 - 05:40 PM

FYI

A bit about fasting for anyone who doesn't know:

The weight lost in the first 5 days of a long(er)-term fast is barely actual weight. It's all the retained water and poo in the body. Usually the signs are that your stomach bloat is gone and your face is less puffy. I also feel sluggish and I felt a bit dizzy this morning. On top of it, I usually get an odd kind of diluted pain in my shoulders and my back. It goes away after a few days.

I only start counting my weightloss after day 5. This is when you start to loose the most fat (I have this from 'The complete guide about fasting'. The author talks about intermittent and long-term fasting. Really recommend it!!). For about a week after day 5 the most fat loss happens - then the body slows down for a week and picks back up a bit after week 3. At day 5, your body should also start going into ketosis.

So, once I end my fast, I check how much I lost within the first 5 days and add it to my weight to know how much I will gain back. Usually your weight will also plateau at a certain point after ending your fast. This is when you know your body has its water back and anything you gain now is actual weight!

I hope this is interesting for ya'll! <3

• Oakley❅, obsessive, Anhedonic-trash and 7 others like this

7aDym4.png

#7 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 August 2020 - 02:20 PM

Guyssss!!!! I had a nightmare that I broke my fast by eating pound cake and I felt so ashamed because I didn't even make it to day 4. I was so glad when I woke up!!!

Otherwise, today I felt pretty weak. I was slow and I took every minute to sit down. I can't wait for my body to get it's energy from ketones.

For ya'll who fast long-term, when does your extreme sluggishness disappear?

Today I drank black coffee, a lot of water, diet peach tea, chicken bouillon cube in water (5cal), and I had a piece of gum.

I will update on exercise later. Probably going on a walk!!

Also, I want to stop eating gum because I know my stomach is producing acids for it and it is making me feel hungry. I also want to get away from drinking the diet peach tea, because it is so sweet and I know the artificial sweetener in it is almost as bad as sugar (healthwise).

Exercise: 40 Minute walk.

• NLP likes this

7aDym4.png

#8 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 August 2020 - 04:05 PM

Honestly, the days of fasting I can do depends so much on my mindset. So, if I expect my fast to be horrible and super hard, it is the easiest fast ever. Also, the longer I intend my fast to be, the faster it blazes over. How am I already 4 days in? I just decided to start a moment ago!!

7aDym4.png

#9 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 August 2020 - 01:48 AM

Yeah so it’s 2:47 am, I woke up wide awake. Good morning insomnia, how are we doing today?
  • NLP and 99hereicome like this

7aDym4.png

#10 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 August 2020 - 12:24 PM

Day 5
I woke up to 151 lbs!!!
I’m so excited I passed the 4-day mark and from now on my fast is bound to get easier!! I already felt happier this morning. Also, everything I loose now is mainly fat YAY!!
I had:
Black coffee
2 diet Mountain Dew cans
Water
Bouillon Cube soup (2x)

Diet coke

Gum... not good I got hungry

I have also been doing yard work today. I felt like falling over at times, but I took a break and it was much better!!

• Choco_Bitch_612, sena. and orochimaruuu like this

7aDym4.png

#11 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 August 2020 - 04:53 PM

Ugh, I was so exhausted today. The renovation, yard work and lack of sleep really got the best of me. My body just wants to shut down and fall asleep, but instead I have strangers running around my house, taking the ceiling apart and running heavy machinery. I'm playing 'Instant Crush' by Draft Punk on endless loop to blend out the noise. If my family sees that I am less productive and exhausted, they won't let me fast - so I constantly have to push through and be on my feet. There are only so many days  I can tell them I 'just went to sleep late'.

It just shows that there is never a great time to fast. Last time I fasted, I moved my whole household into a storage. Only after, when I was eating again and moving the boxes out of the storage, did I notice how weak I had been. I was so exhausted and thought the boxes were super heavy - when most of them were really light.

Today I will go to bed early because tomorrow I'm going to have to get my shit together. I am just going to wear my bouncy shoes, a pony tail and drink coffe until my heart is racing :ph34r:  It's only a few more days until we are done with the renovation!!

• sena. likes this

7aDym4.png

#12 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:32 AM

I woke up and lost 0.7 lbs, so now I know I'm in my fast. I can also feel I'm constantly cold (I even slept with my winter PJ!!)

I will now only weigh myself once a week, though I will weigh in for day 8 to track my progress.

It's just the morning, but I already had zero gatorade for electrolytes, lemon juice (0cal), and now I'm drinking sparkling water.

Mixing up drinks and tastes is so important during a fast!! This way you feel like variety really is happening to your tastebuds. Most of the time when you crave something, it's the taste, not the actual food. So I really like to substitute it in my drinks: I make chicken boiullon once a day (just a cube in water. It's 5 cal I'm allowing), or when I want something sweet I will mix up the diet sodas or teas I'm making).

I'm taking a break from renovating. Fasting is so easy when you don't have to move haha. I'm hoping it will restore a bit of my energy for tomorrow!

• Choco_Bitch_612 and sena. like this

7aDym4.png

#13 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 August 2020 - 05:07 PM

I woke up and lost 0.7 lbs, so now I know I'm in my fast. I can also feel I'm constantly cold (I even slept with my winter PJ!!)

I will now only weigh myself once a week, though I will weigh in for day 8 to track my progress.

It's just the morning, but I already had zero gatorade for electrolytes, lemon juice (0cal), and now I'm drinking sparkling water.

Mixing up drinks and tastes is so important during a fast!! This way you feel like variety really is happening to your tastebuds. Most of the time when you crave something, it's the taste, not the actual food. So I really like to substitute it in my drinks: I make chicken boiullon once a day (just a cube in water. It's 5 cal I'm allowing), or when I want something sweet I will mix up the diet sodas or teas I'm making).

I'm taking a break from renovating. Fasting is so easy when you don't have to move haha. I'm hoping it will restore a bit of my energy for tomorrow!

To finish it off, I also had a water-based broth, more diet coke, and more water.

I don't know what got over me, but I walked into the gas station, bought a travel pack of doritos, and then I c&s the whole thing within a minute. I rinsed it out as well (so I'm good), but looking back it was so awkward. I just sat in my car doing this. Like, at no point while going inside, waiting in line, buying, returning to my car... did I stop to think about what I was doing. Kind of scary. So glad I had the brains to spit it out again.

• emnicol likes this

7aDym4.png

#14 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 26 August 2020 - 05:56 PM

Day 6 is DONE!! Today I lost 1.5 lbs, and it really was one of the best things today.

I had

Gatorade

Water

Sparkling Water

Chicken buillon cube soup

Lemon Tea

2 Gums

I worked in the yard today and it was 96°F out. I was sweating like I was running a marathon and I got dizzy and super weak. NOT GOOD. But now I'm at done and doing fine. It's just so difficult to get myself to do things. How easy this fast would be if I only had to move around my house like in my first fast. Can't wait for when the renovations are done (which is happening in 3 days!!). It will be so much easier then muhaha!!

So for exercise it really was just moving around heavy stuff and running from roaches. :wacko:

• Choco_Bitch_612 likes this

7aDym4.png

#15 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 August 2020 - 06:07 PM

Today was great! I had a lot of energy and I did heavy work, so I must have burned quite some calories. I'm finally done, and it's good now.

Today I had:
2 Espresso shots

Lots of water

Diet fruit iced tea

1 can of diet mountain dew

1 diet coke

Today was just (comparatively) easy. This is the fasting I'm used to. I'm positive that it's going to stay like this!!

Love ya'll!

• Oakley❅ likes this

7aDym4.png

#16 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 27 August 2020 - 09:34 PM

So apparently my family decided to fast as well. They believed my health benefits presentation and it can't hurt for them to loose some weight, either, they said. It's good and bad at the same time. Good, because obviously they believe me and they won't cook any unhealthy food/have no binge food around. Bad, because now they will be more aware of my time frames. I started to paint the picture of 'prooving' myself in a 30 day fast and to achieve something. It might just work.

If my fast continues as quickly as it has, I will have to hide my weightloss. I started wearing sweaters and I will wear more baggy clothes from now on (sucky because it's hot out). In the end of the day, they can't force me to put food in my mouth, but it will be a frosty living situation. I just started to slowly get them off my back, and I don't want them to get on it again. I can tell exactly when they snoop around for evidence. They think they are not suspicious, but their faces give it all away. Too nosy in my room, taking every opportunity to look at my screens, going through my photos...

On the plus side, they are looking for signs of bulimia, when I actually stopped purging (gross, don't do it!). I just have to convince them that I am not underweight and I am not trying to loose more, wich is a pain in the ass. Slowly slowly... I hate the look of my body, even at 18 bmi, so I have no choice but to maintain my weightloss!! If it is slow, maybe I can move out before they get weird about it.

If you have tips for seeming more heavy without wearing much clothes, please do shoot them over! My family has no boundaries, they will have me step on the scale in my underwear...

• Anamia. and Choco_Bitch_612 like this

7aDym4.png

#17 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 August 2020 - 05:44 PM

Ok I plateaued at 149 lbs. I will just gulp a lot of water tomorrow and pray. That is the reason I don't go on the scale every day. This way I won't get demotivated if I only loose 0.2 lbs.

Otherwise, today I had too less to drink.

I had

2 espresso shots

diet coke

2 bottles of water

buillon

1 sugar free jolly rancher bonbon

I didn't do any exercise and I don't feel like doing any either. I'm tired and I just want to nap.

• Choco_Bitch_612 likes this

7aDym4.png

#18 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 28 August 2020 - 05:50 PM

I just realized I hit another of my goal weights!!! So happy!

• FacebookMadeMeAna likes this

7aDym4.png

#19 comfortablyskinny

comfortablyskinny

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 09:19 PM

this is one of my favorite threads ever! you’re doing so well!

i started a 21 day fast tonight and i hope i have just as good results as you

d2evb4j-3d7b614b-7a4a-4d27-9d1d-edc6a286accountability threadd2evb4j-3d7b614b-7a4a-4d27-9d1d-edc6a286

height: 5'6"

cw: 140?

gw1: 135

gw2: 125

ugw: 100

tumblr_noekksJPAK1tw0ylvo1_500.jpg

#20 tcbiwws

tcbiwws

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1254 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 August 2020 - 07:05 AM

this is one of my favorite threads ever! you’re doing so well!

i started a 21 day fast tonight and i hope i have just as good results as you

Aw tysm you just made my day!! <3 yay good luck for your fast! I would love to know how yours is going! Drink that water hehe!!
  • Unicorn SS likes this

7aDym4.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: skinny, fast, fasting, skinnygirl, 30dayfast, longtermfast, accountability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users