restriction for a beginner - Low Carb Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

restriction for a beginner

keto calorie restricting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fairy dream

fairy dream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 08:39 PM

I know this is topic is probably boring and overdiscussed, but as someone who is struggling with weightloss it frustrates me how much Iack in terms of discipline to just simple not eat. I'm not a supporter of ana, because I think it does more harm than good, but I do want to be the thinnest I can possibly be healthwise, and just never go under or over. I've recently been watching a lot of success stories and I've been praying about it. I realized that just like going to school, or work, weightloss requires work and a lot of mind exercises. From my trials and errors I've learned a lot about myself, with my knowledge I'm gonna try to lose weight for real, no more short-term goals. I want this to be a lifestyle. through my college years I made the mistake of not caring about what I eat or how look, and I'm paying for it now. Thankfully I'm still in my 20s so if I lose weight now I won't have any flabs, and I'm not morbid obese. I'm embarrassed about my current weight so I won't reveal it but let's just say its above 140. I'm Somali btw, and one thing thats known about Somali girls from my observation growing up is like certain other ethnic groups they're known for being thin, or curvy or thin-curvy. I was very thin in my highschool and early college days. My lowest was 112 and at the start of college I was around 130. I'm 5'2 so to me this would be the weight I would consider the maximum weight I can never go over. my goal weight is 99. even at 112 I wanted to be at 99, but I lacked the discipline, but I ate a lot so it was not hard to maintain my weight (I miss my fast matabolism from my teenage years). when I started eating junkfood often is when my weight gain occured, and it was a slow process. I feel like I gained 10-15 pounds each year. My aunt who is my namesake is my thinspo. she is a mother of 3 but she is for sure under 100. she is the thinnest relative I have, and my mom told me she went on an extreme diet to get there. I will not be taking that route, because I work and am a student, and don't find the possibility of passing out in class or on the job appealing. however OMAD has worked for me in the past. I also want to stay under 500 calories. 

I've gone through soooo many posts on here and have found a lot of comfort in reading some of your stories. truly they've been inspiring. I don't support eating disorders. but I don't see why you should feel bad about wanting to be thin, just don't be extreme. 

while some of you are trying to hide your ED from family, mine is telling me I need to lose weight, and I'm not even obese, so I have this advantage if you can call it that. I'm now very sensative about my weight, and it used to make me feel so sad knowing that my family thinks I've let myself go. I'm now using this as motivation to lose weight. 99 is the number. 

I say all this to say

what weightloss and exercise advice would you have for someone who is naturally a pear shape. my problem area is my butt, and legs. I know after a few months of cardio I'm gonna lose my stomach, and hopefully my arms. but my biggest fear is that I don't end up with thin legs. I'm avoiding squats atm because I'm afraid its gonna build muscle which I'm against atm since my legs are so bulky. 

• dr3am, diet-cigarette-diet, SkinnyB!tchGoals and 2 others like this

#2 dr3am

dr3am

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1394 posts
  • LocationBeach Town

Posted 27 August 2020 - 12:56 PM

Worry about one meal at a time...as the days and weeks flow by, all those great choices you made in your daily meals add up and your weight will be going down. Regardless of your shape, you are going to lose fat weight from all over your body...you can't pinpoint it down to a certain area...but you can increase muscle in certain areas. ^_^ 

Weights help build muscle which in turn will help you burn more calories daily...everything is a gradual process...it just takes wise meal selections and time. If you falter...just allow it to be that one bad meal choice and get back to your plan. It will happen, you just have to make it happen!

• coffeemlk, fairy dream and SkinnyB!tchGoals like this

SW: 192 lbs.
GW: 110 lbs

Todays Current Weight:
126 lbs.... :angry: :angry: :angry:

(I have gained from a bad binge time frame and I am pissed at the world!)

UGW: 95 lbs.
Used to be 92 lbs. ;)
Height: 5' 2"

Next Goal: 130 lbs.

Next Goal: 120 lbs.

Next Goal: 110

my accountability thread... (171 lbs -130 1/2 lbs)

my new accountability thread ....(149 1/2 lbs - *110 lbs as a goal*)

#3 fairy dream

fairy dream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 August 2020 - 08:57 PM

Worry about one meal at a time...as the days and weeks flow by, all those great choices you made in your daily meals add up and your weight will be going down. Regardless of your shape, you are going to lose fat weight from all over your body...you can't pinpoint it down to a certain area...but you can increase muscle in certain areas. ^_^

Weights help build muscle which in turn will help you burn more calories daily...everything is a gradual process...it just takes wise meal selections and time. If you falter...just allow it to be that one bad meal choice and get back to your plan. It will happen, you just have to make it happen!

Thank you for your encouraging words. I used to struggle with one meal a day, but I started training at a new job this week and I tried out intermittent fasting. Where I don't eat anything at work and when i go home I have one meal. My appetite has decreased drastically since I started. Its been day 4 and I've lost 2 pounds. So I defenitely agree with you, the weight comes off. I just gotta be patient. I came across a quote on instagram, that says, "You will never always be motivated, so you must become disciplined." I'm trying to live by through my weightloss journey. On monday I took a risk not eating food at work especially when they gave me a 30 minute break. but it paid off because now I'm not thinking about food that much during work and it doesn't effect my energy.  

• dr3am likes this

#4 fairy dream

fairy dream

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 October 2020 - 01:16 PM

I know this is topic is probably boring and overdiscussed, but as someone who is struggling with weightloss it frustrates me how much Iack in terms of discipline to just simple not eat. I'm not a supporter of ana, because I think it does more harm than good, but I do want to be the thinnest I can possibly be healthwise, and just never go under or over. I've recently been watching a lot of success stories and I've been praying about it. I realized that just like going to school, or work, weightloss requires work and a lot of mind exercises. From my trials and errors I've learned a lot about myself, with my knowledge I'm gonna try to lose weight for real, no more short-term goals. I want this to be a lifestyle. through my college years I made the mistake of not caring about what I eat or how look, and I'm paying for it now. Thankfully I'm still in my 20s so if I lose weight now I won't have any flabs, and I'm not morbid obese. I'm embarrassed about my current weight so I won't reveal it but let's just say its above 140. I'm Somali btw, and one thing thats known about Somali girls from my observation growing up is like certain other ethnic groups they're known for being thin, or curvy or thin-curvy. I was very thin in my highschool and early college days. My lowest was 112 and at the start of college I was around 130. I'm 5'2 so to me this would be the weight I would consider the maximum weight I can never go over. my goal weight is 99. even at 112 I wanted to be at 99, but I lacked the discipline, but I ate a lot so it was not hard to maintain my weight (I miss my fast matabolism from my teenage years). when I started eating junkfood often is when my weight gain occured, and it was a slow process. I feel like I gained 10-15 pounds each year. My aunt who is my namesake is my thinspo. she is a mother of 3 but she is for sure under 100. she is the thinnest relative I have, and my mom told me she went on an extreme diet to get there. I will not be taking that route, because I work and am a student, and don't find the possibility of passing out in class or on the job appealing. however OMAD has worked for me in the past. I also want to stay under 500 calories. 

I've gone through soooo many posts on here and have found a lot of comfort in reading some of your stories. truly they've been inspiring. I don't support eating disorders. but I don't see why you should feel bad about wanting to be thin, just don't be extreme. 

while some of you are trying to hide your ED from family, mine is telling me I need to lose weight, and I'm not even obese, so I have this advantage if you can call it that. I'm now very sensative about my weight, and it used to make me feel so sad knowing that my family thinks I've let myself go. I'm now using this as motivation to lose weight. 99 is the number. 

I say all this to say

what weightloss and exercise advice would you have for someone who is naturally a pear shape. my problem area is my butt, and legs. I know after a few months of cardio I'm gonna lose my stomach, and hopefully my arms. but my biggest fear is that I don't end up with thin legs. I'm avoiding squats atm because I'm afraid its gonna build muscle which I'm against atm since my legs are so bulky. 

UPDATE: I lost 13 pounds through IF and I'm so grateful. I tried doing keto, but I love having a balanced diet of carbs an healthy fats and whole foods. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: keto, calorie, restricting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users