How do you explain symptoms? - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How do you explain symptoms?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Thegymbum

Thegymbum

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4692 posts

Posted 22 August 2020 - 11:38 AM

Lately my daughter has suddenly become very tuned to my symptoms, in particular she asks “why are you shivering?” whenever I’m shaky... which o admit is a lot of the time. I never noticed how bad it was, like even on a day when I’m not really restricting and eat more than normal because I’m with her, it’s not long until my blood sugar plummets and I’ll be putting her to bed and struggle to do something like hold a book still when I’m reading to her at bedtime.

Usually it’s just been something like putting a bandaid on a booboo and she’ll ask casually and sometimes even think it’s funny but now that she’s a little older it’s more of a worried thing, especially like last night when I was really struggling to hold the book still. She offered me a blanket because she thought o was cold and I said no thanks that I was hot and she had a concerned look on her face....

Anyone have any thoughts on how to handle this sort of thing?
  • stkitty likes this
H 5'7"
CW: 103lbs
LW: 72lbs
GW 2019: 95lbs
Ultimate: 88lbs

#2 Achelois

Achelois

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 08:41 PM

I ache reading that.  That is tough.  

On the other hand, thereading at night, the bandaid's, the blanket.  That sounds really nice.

#3 PrinnyWinnie

PrinnyWinnie

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 24 August 2020 - 10:33 AM

What is your daily caloric intake? If it’s too low, maybe you could try higher restriction? I know that sounds terrifying. I just don’t want your daughter to start constantly worrying about you, kids are way smarter than we think they are sometimes and they pick up on everything! My son is 4 and hasn’t said anything to me yet, I eat about 800 calories a day, but I eat everything in front of him. I normally just get dizzy or really tired, and I think he may be worrying why mommy has to go nap when daddy gets gone from work. I gotta work on that. I wish you Th we very best and I hope you’re able to get your symptoms under control. I worry for your health as well. Please take care xoxo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users