Low carb and restricting? - Low Carb Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Low carb and restricting?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Virulent

Virulent

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Locationwhere the wild things are

Posted 23 August 2020 - 05:44 PM

To those who are both doing low carb and restricting, what is your daily limit for calories? And how is it working for you?

“You cannot save people. You can only love them.” ― Anaïs Nin

#2 Oh no not again...

Oh no not again...

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 August 2020 - 09:32 PM

This changes for me day to day. I usually shoot for less than 1000 calories and no more than 20 net carbs per day.

I went from March to the end of July in ketosis. Losing around 60 pounds. Never had cravings or binges.

Had a cheat meal and took most of the Month of August to both get back into ketosis and have cravings stop.

Currently back in the swing of it and looking forward to more weight loss!
  • urfavdrug and Virulent like this

#3 starshapes

starshapes

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:17 PM

I average an easy 600 calories/day on keto (but I am short) low carb/high protein makes it much easier to eat way less

#4 LittleLexi

LittleLexi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2594 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 26 August 2020 - 06:45 AM

I eat less than 25 grams of net carbs a day and my calorie intake is 1300.
I maintain a BMI of 12 to 13 on this
  • skinnyjeans00, Accidie, just some chick and 4 others like this

~Laura Lexi~

Height: 5'9.5" (176 cm)

HW: 130lbs (BMI 19.1)

LW: 82lbs

CW: 82lbs (BMI 12.1)

#5 ordinarybones

ordinarybones

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 221 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 26 August 2020 - 02:54 PM

im staying around 400 cals, eggs, almond milk and heavy cream, coffee. have been what ive been living off of basically lol. previously i was eating a caesar salad daily with grillled chicken and egg and light caesar and that was delightful. I've lost 41 lbs in 3 months, but last month i fasted for 17 days.. so theres that.

• jenasmiles, skinnyjeans00, Accidie and 1 other like this

5'2" SW:148 5/24 LW:106 CW:106 UGW:88  :wub:

#6 gossamer_wings

gossamer_wings

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 10:21 AM

1000 Cal's is my absolute max... Most days are 200-400. I try to add in a couple days of 700-900 every week to keep my metabolism guessing I've gone from very strict with the type of carbs to much looser as long as it fits my macros... Like I just discovered wasa crackers are relatively low in carbs (but of course they contain not necessarily keto ingredients)... One of those with a laughing cow cheese is my lunch everyday, 70 calories. I've lost a little over 30 pounds since late June but wasn't heavily restricting until mid July.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

#7 alwaysfatneverhappy

alwaysfatneverhappy

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 314 posts
  • LocationSouth east minnesota

Posted 15 September 2020 - 08:07 PM

i just recently got back on keto with a limit of 500 cal and 20 g net carbs. i also do OMAD and ive lost 10 pounds in a week, tho my weight has gone back up a little bc i haven't had a BM in a few days now
  • Accidie likes this

-trying to get back on track-

-always up for a chat-

-Accountability-

-Insult me anonymously-

stats

Spoiler

#8 stephiebunnie

stephiebunnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 18 September 2020 - 06:56 AM

The max max is 1000 cal , average bout 500 cal , lowest bout 200+ cal

#9 lucyinthesky9

lucyinthesky9

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 September 2020 - 07:44 PM

Max 1000 and I do one day a week of under 200. Working fine so far, I’m averaging about 5lbs /week.

#10 dollfang

dollfang

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3788 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 05 October 2020 - 08:59 AM

All of these are so inspiring 😱 wanting to switch from HCLF to LCHF (or at least low-carb high protein) because I’m sick of being so hungry all the time. It makes it damn near impossible to restrict.
  • youcantbuythin and urfavdrug like this

HW: 130 LW: 91.8 CW: 107.8

#11 perfectlittledreams

perfectlittledreams

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 08:14 PM

All of these are so inspiring 😱 wanting to switch from HCLF to LCHF (or at least low-carb high protein) because I’m sick of being so hungry all the time. It makes it damn near impossible to restrict.

The high fat is what makes you less hungry, and makes you lose weight faster. I know it can be scary but trust me it works 🥰 I keep my carbs under 20 total grams, and sometimes in the single digits.
  • dollfang and urfavdrug like this

#12 dollfang

dollfang

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3788 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 06 October 2020 - 08:49 AM

The high fat is what makes you less hungry, and makes you lose weight faster. I know it can be scary but trust me it works I keep my carbs under 20 total grams, and sometimes in the single digits.

I am really scared I’m terrified of fat, but tired of maintaining from carby binge urges... I’m going to try to attempt it, though. It’s just more difficult being vegan. I made shirataki noodles with vegan butter last night and it was very filling, along with a salad that had hemp seeds on top. It’s impossible for me to stay under like 100g of carbs so I hope to still lose with CICO

#13 perfectlittledreams

perfectlittledreams

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 06 October 2020 - 11:04 PM

I am really scared I’m terrified of fat, but tired of maintaining from carby binge urges... I’m going to try to attempt it, though. It’s just more difficult being vegan. I made shirataki noodles with vegan butter last night and it was very filling, along with a salad that had hemp seeds on top. It’s impossible for me to stay under like 100g of carbs so I hope to still lose with CICO

Good luck!!
  • dollfang likes this

#14 dollfang

dollfang

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3788 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 07 October 2020 - 06:55 AM

I eat less than 25 grams of net carbs a day and my calorie intake is 1300.
I maintain a BMI of 12 to 13 on this

What are your staple foods, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m also looking to lose weight and maintain at a lower bmi with low-carb. (Cmbi 17s but I want to end up in the low 15s, high 14s I think)

#15 LittleLexi

LittleLexi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2594 posts

Posted 07 October 2020 - 03:27 PM

What are your staple foods, if you don’t mind me asking? I’m also looking to lose weight and maintain at a lower bmi with low-carb. (Cmbi 17s but I want to end up in the low 15s, high 14s I think)

My meals usually consist of green leafy vegetables (Romain lettuce, arugula, broccoli, spinach etc) combined with fatty fish (sardines for example) or fatty meat. I usually add things like flax seeds or olives or avocado.
  • dollfang likes this

~Laura Lexi~

#16 dollfang

dollfang

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3788 posts
  • LocationU.S.

Posted 08 October 2020 - 11:28 AM

My meals usually consist of green leafy vegetables (Romain lettuce, arugula, broccoli, spinach etc) combined with fatty fish (sardines for example) or fatty meat. I usually add things like flax seeds or olives or avocado.

Ahh, I see. So, do you consume more fat than protein? Im still struggling with fear of fats >.>

#17 ArCeMo

ArCeMo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2660 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia

Posted 08 October 2020 - 11:37 AM

I'm taking notes on this, I'm trying to go low-carb. Right now I try to eat mainly protein, I just think that cutting back on carbs is so difficult lol.

HW: 130 lbs
LW: 101 lbs
CW: 103 lbs
GW: 98 lbs
UGW1: 89 lbs
UGW2: 84 lbs

February SW: 103

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

#18 LittleLexi

LittleLexi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2594 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 03:34 PM

Ahh, I see. So, do you consume more fat than protein? Im still struggling with fear of fats >.>

Yes, I eat more fat than protein. I used to be very scared of fats too. But now I only fear carbs
  • Accidie and dollfang like this

~Laura Lexi~

#19 Shirley Poppy

Shirley Poppy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1094 posts
  • LocationMy imagination

Posted 07 November 2020 - 07:41 AM

Normally, 1200 calories, but I can be 1000-1100 some days.

I just limit high-carb foods and eat plenty of protein and some healthy fats. I try to be under 70g of carbs, though I increase my intake some days to 100-120g (and then lower my fat intake).

• LittleLexi likes this

La escasez de comida se vuelve deliciosa porque tenemos la barriga llena de mariposas.

La galaxia revela su comarca escondida y en la Tierra parece que comienza la vida.

I won't say I'm sane but I'm fine.

#20 golodnaya

golodnaya

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1219 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 12:59 AM

no cal limit for me. i just eat once a day based on how hungry i am. aka, sometimes just a 5 oz salmon grilled, or sometimes two burger patties with cheddar. one coffee with half and half a day. i lose consistently, and quickly if i stick to it. i just only eat animal products, meat, eggs, cheese, organs, honey, and some spices. when i focus on the numbers too much i freak out and tend to binge more (oh im over my goal by 40 cals im such a fuckup might as well binge)
  • Accidie and LittleLexi like this

stats

Spoiler

threads

mood board 

Spoiler

rsz_caesar_2.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users