Has anyone heard of Orlistat? - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Has anyone heard of Orlistat?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Floating.Cloud

Floating.Cloud

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 24 August 2020 - 05:06 AM

Okay how have I not heard of this until now? Orlistat literally claims to block the body from absorbing fat during meals. I can’t imagine how useful this would be if it was true. Has anyone had any experience with this? I’d love to hear everyones thoughts.
Stats
SW : 198lbs/90kg
CW : 184lbs/83.8kg
LW : 136lbs/62kg
GW1 : 158lbs/72kg
GW2 : 136lbs/62kg
GW3 : 114lbs/52kg
UGW : 99lbs/45kg
Height : 5’7/172cm

#2 Littlepotato

Littlepotato

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 05:10 AM

Never heard of it so decided to do some research. Lmao I feel called out.

Apparently it give you anal oil leakage, uncontrollable shits that you can't hold back.

Edit: from what I understand what it does is make you absorb 0 fats from your diet and if you eat a higher fat meal you'll get instant diarrhoea. So people become avoidant of fats in their diet, fats have a higher calories per gram than carbs and proteins. By omitting fats from your diet and eat everything the same as before you automatically consume less calories resulting in weightloss.
lessfd8b183aca70d283cc527eeecedf6859.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Ht: 163.2 cm

Wt: 45.4 kg

Walking shit show

#3 🌸Lady Ganja🌸

🌸Lady Ganja🌸

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2003 posts
  • LocationHell/Vienna

Posted 24 August 2020 - 05:22 AM

How ready are you to have oil leaking out your ass? Cuz you will have oil leaking out your ass. Personally haven't gotten to that degree of desperation yet but never say never lmao

Sent from my EML-L29 using Tapatalk
  • Dita likes this

My Accountability

BMI:15.9 CW:45.6kg/100.5lbs HGT:1.69m/5'6"

GW1:60kg/132lbs/21 Achieved 

GW2:55kg/121lbs/19.3 Achieved

GW3:50kg/110lbs/17.5 Achieved

GW4:45kg/99lbs/15.8

UGW:40kg/88lbs/14.0

GW5:35kg/77lbs/12.3

GW6:30kg/66lbs/10.5 

UGW:25kg/55lbs/8.8

HW:>60kg LW:42.1kg

#4 Floating.Cloud

Floating.Cloud

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 24 August 2020 - 06:46 AM

Lmao I think I’ll give fasting another shot but my desperation is getting close haha. I’m just thinking that if I could absorb zero fat during binges it might be worth it. But then again idk oil leaking out of my rear end sounds unpleasant.
Stats
SW : 198lbs/90kg
CW : 184lbs/83.8kg
LW : 136lbs/62kg
GW1 : 158lbs/72kg
GW2 : 136lbs/62kg
GW3 : 114lbs/52kg
UGW : 99lbs/45kg
Height : 5’7/172cm

#5 NeverBeenHappy

NeverBeenHappy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 24 August 2020 - 07:56 AM

If you can stick with a low-fat diet, the oil leakage shouldn’t be a problem. It acts as kind of a negative reinforcement. I’ve taken OTC Orlistat (Alli) for many years and have learned through experience what NOT to do. If I stay with a low-fat diet, it does help. And, FYI, I believe Orlistat blocks ~ 25% of what little fat is taken in from being absorbed by the body, not 100%. The percentage may be a bit higher for the prescription-strength Orlistat. Hope this helps!
5' 6"
HW - 151
SW - 151
CW - 144
GW - 99
UGW - ?

"1, 2, Freddy's coming for you, 3, 4, better lock your door, 5, 6, grab your crucifix, 7, 8, gonna stay up late, 9, 10...NEVER SLEEP AGAIN."

#6 Flymo89

Flymo89

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 24 August 2020 - 08:18 AM

These are what triggered me back 3 years ago after 4 years of recovery. Its not even diarrhoea its literally fat coming straight out with no control over it if you eat even slightly over the recommended minimal amount, this lead to purging if I thought I might shit myself and brought me right back deep in bulimia. Wouldn't recommend them.
SW 245 pounds
Gw 139 pounds

#7 7yearsandcounting

7yearsandcounting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 August 2020 - 03:05 AM

Im more concerned about my body storing carbs as fat than of consuming plain fat. Dont think Orlitat helps with that...

#8 cal-0-rie

cal-0-rie

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2020 - 01:55 AM

Anyone know how I can get Alli (the OTC version) delivered to Canada? eBay and Amazon won’t ship to me because it’s rx only here :(

#9 JustRyan

JustRyan

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 August 2020 - 02:04 PM

I’m currently using it and have for 2 weeks. As long as you’re eating a low-fat diet, you won’t get the runs.
As for the other side effects, I’ve had none; although medication side-effects aren’t a guarantee..

If you find it easier to cut alot of fat from your diet as opposed to cutting carbs or so forth, it’ll help.
Let everything happen to you. Beauty and terror. Just keep going.
No feeling is final.

- Rainer Maria Rilke

gallery_1392875_69409_186100.gif

#10 Glorificus

Glorificus

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationSunnydale, looking for my key

Posted 02 September 2020 - 09:26 AM

From what I've read, it works thru negative reinforcement like Antabuse for alcoholics where if they drink booze, they projectile vomit

Except with Orlistat/Alli, it's projectile sharts

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Inspired is when you believe you can do anything.

Manic is when you know it"

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

3e4d8e0c0156bf56ae2cdd78926ebd23.giftumblr_miec8sQhIP1qfhzgyo4_r2_250.gif

tumblr_p0tca05c2q1w67ki0o1_r1_500.gif

#11 snoochiesmiggles

snoochiesmiggles

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 12 September 2020 - 07:37 AM

Reading Orlistat reviews on Amazon is my little hobby. :D

Seriously.. some people describe their oily diarrhea and gas woth a lot of humor.

From all I gathered, Orlistat works, but only if you consume quite a bit of oil and want to prevent that from being absorbed. It keeps your body from absorbing oil/fat, but does not help with carbs, sugar etc. . 

My favourite bits in the Orlistat reviews where (losely translated; I read it in my native language):

- "If you fart, be aware a accidental little 'landslide' could happen." (so, if you fart, expect more than a fart to happen.....)

- "If you order this, consider to also order a XL-bottle of toilet cleaner with it."

- "Be ready to take toilet cleaner with you when you go out; if you use the washroom at other people's houses you will need something to clean the oil from the toilet."

I have been tempted to try it still, but then realized that it counter-acts with one of my life-saving medications (it disables cyclosporin-based meds, so if you are on immune suppressants for transplants or auto-immune disease, do not take Orlistat!)... and also I don't really eat fatty foods, just lots of carbs... so useless for me. I wish there was a carb-blocker that worked that well.

• Cacaogirl and RedDeer like this

89,5  89  79,5  79  78,5  78  77,5 77  76,5  76  75,5  75  74,5  74  73,5  73  72,5  72  71,5  71  70,5  70  69,5  69  68,5  68  67,5  67  66,5  66  65,5  65  64,5  64

63,5  63  62.5  62  61,5  61  60,6  60  59,5  59  58,5  58

tumblr_nbqaubkL7o1qgevuso1_400.gif

Current BMI: 21,2

#12 Mareah

Mareah

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 13 September 2020 - 06:52 AM

So I’m basically a glutton for punishment and actually recently started taking Orlistat if you’re interested in how it goes for me along the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5' hijabi

HW: 223

SW: 152

CW: 127

GW: 85?

#13 strangercats

strangercats

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 10:35 AM

Yes! I've used the brand name of orlistat which is called Alli. I used it for maybe 2-3 months back in January/February. Orlistat blocks 25% of the fat you consume per meal. You have to take it one hour before or after your meal in order for it to be effective. You can take it up to 3 times per day one per meal. It is recommended that you eat a low-fat diet and don't take consume too much fat in one sitting. 

I took it 3 times a day one per meal. I want to make it clear that while I was taking Alli I was eating about 800-900 calories and a very low-fat diet. Usually, only a few grams per meal. This is important to avoid its side effects. Overall, because I was already eating such a low-fat calorie restricted diet, I don't think Alli did a whole bunch for me. It only helped me cut back on less than like 50 calories a day. I did lose weight on it but I was eating so little calories and I was running one hour every single day which I think were the true contributors for my rapid weight loss. 

I should warn you about 2 side effects that can be pretty serious. 1. Alli can cause liver damage. When I went to the doctor I had a blood test that included a ALT check (liver check) and my levels were slightly elevated. I don't drink and I don't have any kind of liver issue nor does it run in my family. I have never had elevated ALT levels in the past. The only thing that I can attribute this to was that I started taking Alli. After these results, I stoped taking it. 2. If you eat too much fat, you will have nasty orange bowel movements. The first time I experienced this was one morning after I ate some pizza (I was craving). TMI WARNING AHEAD: I woke up that morning with a bad feeling in my stomach and I passed some gas and orange goo come out of me and stained my underwear, pajama pants and my sheets. It even penetrated my mattress. This happens because Alli blocks fat by not letting your body absorb it but by pooping it out. If you consume too much fat per meal your body will have more bowel movements that are mainly the orange/yellow oily fat that Alli blocked. 

• snoochiesmiggles and RedDeer like this

#14 AnEnigmaofGray

AnEnigmaofGray

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 04:46 PM

Lol, I tried this several years. It didn't do much for me because I barely ate any fats and was restricting calories big time. Occasionally I had to poop out some orange liquid, lol, but that was it. I took my month's supply and then never bothered with it again since it didn't really do anything. Since it's designed to block fat absorption only it won't do much unless you eat a diet very high in fats. Then I could see it helping.
d4-Hv-Gng-d.png

fb2356bc421ec5cea9453f9d1dff453b.gif

#15 iamalive

iamalive

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:52 AM

I have tried it. It was DISGUSTING. No leaky butt hole for me, but if you eat one wrong thing, it was literally like olive oil when going #2 on the toilet, which happened like diarrhea frequency. Never. Again. 

• snoochiesmiggles likes this

#16 3ithne

3ithne

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 08:26 PM

I took it for awhile but I couldn't handle it. Too gross. I would rather eat hflc keto and take carb blockers. I always drop so much by doing this. I don't have a gallbladder so I have trouble digesting fats anyway. The only problem I get is with deficiencies in fat soluble vitamins.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls;
the most massive characters are seared with scars.
-Kahlil Gibran

#17 VelvetFires

VelvetFires

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1130 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted 08 October 2020 - 10:39 PM

The orange anal leakage was gross, but honestly not that bad. I would see it on the toilet paper or in the bowl, but I wouldn’t say that it was leaking onto my underwear or anything.

It didn’t help me lose any weight, though.
- Velvet - 5’4” - Vegetarian -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users