Monoing from obese to overweight - Page 3 - Mono diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Monoing from obese to overweight

mono diet obese high bmi overweight

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#41 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 October 2020 - 04:23 AM

23/10/20

SW: 81.5 kg

Today I'm trying a mono on pancakes. They're golden syrup flavour just to make it more interesting.

I have 12 small ones to consume today and it totals 900 cals so not to bad.

I always find that store brought pancakes have a weird texture compared to homemade ones.

#42 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 24 October 2020 - 07:18 AM

24/10/20

So as it turns out you can mono on pancakes. I lost 300 g taking me down to 81.2 kg (I'm finally less than 180 lbs now too  :D)

Today I'm seeing my dad and I'm cooking dinner. I tend not to count calories when I see him just so I don't freak out in front of him, he doesn't know about how I'm losing the weight.

I'll update tomorrow as I plan on doing a chocolate mono then.

I want to get under 80 kg by next weekend as I'm seeing my mother which will be interesting.

#43 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 October 2020 - 09:49 AM

25/10/20

SW: 81.5 kg

So I gained 300 g from yesterday seeing my dad but I can live with that as it's my one day off of counting calories and instead just enjoying some food which was very tasty and went down a treat for both of us

Today I'm monoing on some hazelnut chocolate. I've had 200 g so far and I'll see if I want anymore later as I have a second bar in the cupboard.

Also I'm really happy today as I found out I can fit in some UK size 12 (US size 8) jeans that I brought a couple of months back as they were £9.20 instead of £46 in the sale and I wasn't saying no to that. I haven't fit into size 12 since before uni so I'm ecstatic about this, plus I found a bra that I thought I'd lost so even better  :D

So I think I've had around 250 g of chocolate today. I couldn't stomach the idea of anymore as it's so sweet, I prefer dark chocolate but barely seem to lose on it annoyingly 

• cytrine likes this

#44 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 01:44 PM

26/10/20

So yesterday did not go according to plan. I gained 0.5 kg putting me up to 82 kg. I can't work out why, I didn't have more than my BMR and only had 250 g in total, I'm also feeling ridiculously bloated today and debating taking a lax to get rid of some of the food weight.

Today I've monoed on potatoes, I had 12 mini ones for 720 cals. Really paranoid by the food weight I'm carrying right now even though it's illogical as hell and has never concerned me before :/

Tomorrow I plan on having some apples that I got on the reduced, maybe they'll work better. 

#45 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:18 PM

27/10/20

SW: 81.7 kg

Although I've lost 0.3 kg I'm still annoyed as hell by yesterday tbh. But today I've had 4 apples and don't plan on having any more even though I'm really craving the peanut butter that I have.

I'm really hoping that I actually lose something though it seems unlikely that I'll get below 80 kg by Friday

I feel like such a failure

#46 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 October 2020 - 01:42 PM

28/10/20

So yesterday worked, down to 81.1 kg today.

I was just going to have a day of restriction today but have just ended up monoing on peanut butter, hopefully that'll get the craving out of my system.

#47 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 06:02 PM

So on the 29th I dropped to 80.7 kg, but for the next 2 days ended up binging unfortunately, taking my weight back to 81.7 kg

On Sunday 1/11/20 I ended up doing a liquid mono which brought my weight down to 81.3 kg

I've decided to take some time off of monos to change it up for a bit.

I'll still update this thread if anyone's interested in listening to my ramblings plus it holds me accountable for my intake which is nice

#48 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 07:45 AM

So this week I've been doing this diet 

123333968_3311306912311780_4909450449157

On Monday I consumed 631 cals out of 700 and dropped from 81.3 kg to 80.3 kg

Yesterday I had 667 cals out of 700 but only dropped to 80.2 kg

Today I'll be consuming 721 cals out of my 800 fingers crossed I can finally get below 80 kg which was my goal for this week, though since England is going back into a lockdown on Thursday, I won't be able to have my massage on Friday which I was really looking forward to.

Does anyone else struggle to restrict around 700-800?

I have no problem restricting to 500 but found it difficult to work out what else I could have at these slightly higher cal limits, though it's given me the opportunity to play around a bit more at least.

• dehydratedvamp likes this

#49 lilypad1225

lilypad1225

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 04 November 2020 - 09:24 PM

Oh my god I love this whole thread. Mono is my current game plan and I love seeing the progress.

I'm currently monoing on bananas, almost through day 2. 

#50 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 12:14 PM

Oh my god I love this whole thread. Mono is my current game plan and I love seeing the progress.
I'm currently monoing on bananas, almost through day 2.

Congrats, I hope your mono goes well, I should really try out a banana one at some point
I’m so glad you like it 😁
I have a few other monos I want to try out once this diet is over so can’t wait

#51 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 12:21 PM

So yesterday I stayed under my limit and dropped to 80 kg, I’m so close to getting there so I can’t mess it up now.

Today I’ve had 598 of my 600 cals and I’m feeling good about it, had porridge in the morning with lots of fruit and for dinner I’ve had some lettuce, tomatoes ham and cheese with some dressing and 3 rice cakes that are sweet and savoury and they’re so good.

Tomorrow I’m taking my dads dog for the day as I’m off work so he’ll help me get some exercise in
  • akyre likes this

#52 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 12:55 PM

So I dropped to a new LW of 79.2 kg yesterday and then proceeded to binge for the whole day so I hate myself for that.

Today I woke up and weighed 80.7 kg so apparently I gained 1.5 kg (3 lbs) overnight like the fat ass I am.

Today instead of doing day 7 of my diet and staying below 700 cals I've done a mono on peanut butter, I've probably had around 400 g and I don't want to know how many calories that is tbh.

Feeling pretty shitty today but hoping that this helps me lose a bit. If I can't be asked prepping food to take to work tomorrow then I'll just mono on bread as it worked last time and I'm craving it too

#53 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 02:39 PM

9/11/20 

I can't tell if the peanut butter mono worked, I either gained 0.5 kg in which case kill me or lost only 0.1 kg which is nothing. I suppose I'll find out tomorrow which one it was,

I was going to fast today but because I have no self control I had dinner. It worked out to be 497 cals which included 3 brownie/muffin things which are delicious (if anyone's interested I'll post the recipe for them)

I just want to get below 79 kg at this point and eventually to below 75 kg if I could actually stop myself from binging maybe that'd be achievable 

#54 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 November 2020 - 02:26 PM

So this week I've done a few different monos to bring my weight down after binging last weekend and on Tuesday  :(

On Wednesday I decided to mono on bananas as I had 2 bunches of 5 at home. I had 5 bananas throughout the day, almost forgot to eat them at work as I'm not used to eating on my early shifts. I went from 81.2 kg to 80.2 kg so a loss of a kilo overnight which I was happy about.

On Thursday as I wasn't feeling well and wanted carbs I monoed on some red onion and cheese focaccia. I had 240 g which was 650 cals, I did have another pack but couldn't cope with the idea that it might not work if I had any more. I went down to 79.4 kg the following morning.

Friday turned into a frosting mono. I had 1 tub of chocolate frosting but only managed half as it was so sweet and I rarely ever eat sugar these days. My weight dropped by 0.3 kg so I was below last weeks low weight at 79.1 kg.

Yesterday was dinner at my dads so I just had a 33 kcal brownie for breakfast plus coffee and then stew and wine at my dads. I lost 200 g overnight so today I was down to 78.9 kg which is a new low, I'm hoping I can keep this up. So far today I've had 965 cals so it wouldn't surprise me if I gain but I know it'll just be food weight at least.

#55 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 06:31 AM

So I didn't end up gaining instead I lost another 0.3 kg taking my weight down to 78.6 kg.

Yesterday I ended up doing a mono as I couldn't decide what to eat so ended up having sweets instead. I had 480 g of knock-off haribos and lost 0.8 kg so my weight today is 77.8 kg so I'm pretty happy with that.

Today I've decided to do another mono on caramel filled chocolate, if it doesn't work then I'll know that filled chocolate is not a good idea but if it does then that's also good. I've got 270 g to eat over the course of today, the total amount of calories that I'll consume today is still less than my BMR so it should be okay

#56 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 07:26 AM

So I'm not entirely sure yesterday was as successful as it could've been. I only dropped 200 g so I don't know whether I'll try filled chocolate again. I found it difficult to eat the whole bar on my break at work and then later every time I stood up too quickly I felt incredibly dizzy and was having some strange chest pains.

Today is a restriction day, so far I've had a bowl of porridge for breakfast and some salad for lunch. I've got the rest of the salad for dinner as I made loads. I'm hoping to stay under 800 cals today, so provided I don't snack then it won't be a problem.

#57 Crimson_Ivy

Crimson_Ivy

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1902 posts
  • LocationA very cold place

Posted 18 November 2020 - 04:25 PM

I'm really rooting for you, your persistence and continuous updates are inspiring. Just read this whole thread in one go and I am excited to see you continue! Actually one of the few people I've seen on here who does consecutive mono's and actually give us the results which I appreciate

Just remember: You are special and there are people in this world who love you very much

5'7

Current:???

Next Goal: 120lbs

End Goal: 90lbs

Accountability: https://www.myproana...1-500-in-march/

#58 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:23 AM

I'm really rooting for you, your persistence and continuous updates are inspiring. Just read this whole thread in one go and I am excited to see you continue! Actually one of the few people I've seen on here who does consecutive mono's and actually give us the results which I appreciate

Thanks, I'm really glad you like this thread. I try and do a few monos every week with a couple of days off just to make sure my weight loss doesn't stall massively. Some monos are more successful than others but I've also had success with some that other people haven't and vice versa.

I like monoing as it takes the pressure off figuring out what to eat for the day.

• Crimson_Ivy likes this

#59 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 19 November 2020 - 07:27 AM

Yesterday I didn't end up staying below 800 cals instead I had 900 as I had a brownie when I got home. I weighed myself this morning and was 78.6 kg meaning I've gained 1kg overnight. I know this is impossible and must be food weight (TMI) so if I don't have a BM whilst I'm at work I'll take a lax when I get home and hope that that shifts it, haven't had one since Monday

Today I'm doing a popcorn mono. I will have 180 g of peanut butter and almond flavoured popcorn which works out as 828 cals. Really hoping that I get back to 77 kg tomorrow

#60 Scarred all over

Scarred all over

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 November 2020 - 07:11 AM

Today i weighed in at 77.6 kg so I'm back to my weight from Wednesday, the downside is that I have no idea if the popcorn mono worked, if nothing else I think I maintained and I can live with that.

Today I am monoing on satsumas. I have 7 to eat today which works out around 150 cals for the day. This is the lowest calorie consumption I've had on a mono but hopefully I'll lose tomorrow. I've had 3 so far and will have the rest for dinner at work.

I'll be seeing my dad again tomorrow (the highlight of my week) and it's my turn to cook dinner so I'm going to do some salmon and pasta, don't know how many cals that'll be but hopefully it'll be tasty.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mono diet, obese, high bmi, overweight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users