Advice? Liquid based diet for photoshoot - Commercial Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Advice? Liquid based diet for photoshoot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Pablo in Argentina

Pablo in Argentina

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationFar up North

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:12 AM

Hi guys, do you have any advice for doing a mainly liquid diet? 

I need to loose 2 kg (4,5 lbs) in 9 days, and I have a photoshoot with my job in 2 weeks. 
Right now my bmi is at 31. I want to loose atleast 5 kg before the 3/11

I am going to have about 90% of my diet to be liquid, based on proteinshakes or mealreplacements or water based soups. Exceptions will be a banana/avocado in the shakes, some nuts or low cal veggies in the soup.  

How do I stick to a liquid diet for about 2 weeks without going crazy? I usually fall of the wagon on day 2 or 3. 

I'm basically only here when I've relapsed and gained 5kg or more. 

Losing from a 30+ bmi. 

Current accountability thread where I'm betting money on loosing weight HERE

Ed insta: mypaspace

5c4b466f59edb4ef60ec1851a93907ea

If you’re really fat, you have a lot of skin so you are really skinny. 

#2 eli_luc

eli_luc

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationFloating on clouds

Posted 25 August 2020 - 08:23 AM

Any particular reason it must be liquid or? If it's purely for losing weight, just CICO would work too. Some people do fine with consuming their calories as liquids, but for myself, I never feel satiated when I have liquids. 

"Energy-containing beverages have a weak effect on satiety, limited by their fluid characteristics and perhaps because they are not considered ‘food’." 

https://journals.plo...al.pone.0100406

If you must have liquids for some reason, consume thicker liquids- a strong lowcal thickener is xanthan gum, much lower cal than using pb or banana to thicken. Eat it from a bowl with a spoon. That might be enough to trick your body. Also make sure there's fiber in your diet, high protein and at least moderate fat. My fav smoothie is soy milk, ice, tofu, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and xanthan gum. 

If you fall off the wagon easily, stick to a 500cal deficit from tdee. This means you lose only 2kg by 3/11, but it's better than binging and losinf nothing, also you can lose another 1kg through dehydration and low food volume (consume low-volume but higher-cal drinks the day before the shoot, drink coffee the night before as it is a diuretic, take an epsom salt bath the day of). You can also try adding exercise for a greater deficit but that's highly YMMV because some people get way hungrier whereas some people actually feel less hungry after exercise. 

"Whatever they have is something needed to do their work – it wouldn’t help you in your work even if you had it. Their magic is theirs. You don’t lack it. You don’t need it. It has nothing to do with you"

#3 Nataliana

Nataliana

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 January 2021 - 06:52 AM

I think if you can power through the first 3 days then it gets so much easier, but I also struggle to get past that part. Looking at lots of thinspiration and drinking tea/coffee helps me. Also miso soup is super low cal if you can get some.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users