I'm a mum now and it shows - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I'm a mum now and it shows

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Muta

Muta

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 August 2020 - 07:42 PM

My mother instincts are just crazy right now. Before I had my baby I didn't particularly care what other people's children were getting up to. Now I'm scrolling through MPA with 13 year olds asking how to purge or tips on restricting and I just 🤦‍♀️ it genuinely upsets me. If that was my baby doing that I would be so upset and would want to get them in some kind of therapy ASAP. If I had a way, I honestly would tell all of there mum's. Is that terrible? I get emotional all the time too when ever I see another baby smile or when there is a parent on tv bonding with a child. It's like I'm a different person 😂
It might just be post partum emotions 😅
  • jayjax and loveqood like this

tumblr_m77t4dhbYj1qblc8xo1_500.gif

#2 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17494 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 29 August 2020 - 07:47 PM

Hopefully as a mum, you will raise your children so that they are active and healthy and don't have horrible habits that lead to weight problems and issues, and if it looks like your children have postural issues you won't be one of those parents who scold their children for it but rather pay a professional who will correct said problems. Don't blame the children for the mistakes their parents made with them, while said parents griped at and belittled the children for having said problems.

• Daniel4754 likes this

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#3 Muta

Muta

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 August 2020 - 08:06 PM

Hopefully as a mum, you will raise your children so that they are active and healthy and don't have horrible habits that lead to weight problems and issues, and if it looks like your children have postural issues you won't be one of those parents who scold their children for it but rather pay a professional who will correct said problems. Don't blame the children for the mistakes their parents made with them, while said parents griped at and belittled the children for having said problems.

I don't mean tell the parents so they can punish the child, I mean tell them so that they can get there children help. Professional help from a doctor or a therapist. It just upsets me seeing so many young children starting an ED on here. Which could stay with them for life or even end in death. It's so sad.
I'm not blaming anyone :)

tumblr_m77t4dhbYj1qblc8xo1_500.gif

#4 .Ash.

.Ash.

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Locationyeah

Posted 29 August 2020 - 08:22 PM

Eh I don't think anyone starts their ED here and it's better that they have the online community then just coping alone. Idk if the parents intervening will help either. Like I'm glad treatment works for some but it doesn't for all and forcing kids into it would probably make them rebel more into it? Idk it's complicated and not black and white and I can kinda see what you mean but like this place isn't the poison people make it out to be. I never want kids but if I did and they came to a place like this I wouldn't be sad because of it. Life fucking sucks if this place gave them something I think they should take it
this is my curse and cure and care

#5 DeathSpells

DeathSpells

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 07 October 2020 - 06:54 PM

I totally get you, I feel the same way. I agree with what someone said above, trying to raise my kids in a way that they feel body positive even though I’ll be a huge hypocrite. I just want to protect them

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users