Ways to remove body hair - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Ways to remove body hair

Shave Wax Epilator Anything?!

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Pronameltoothpaste

Pronameltoothpaste

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 29 August 2020 - 09:32 PM

What are the best ways for you to remove body hair??
Shaving sucks for me, I shave, it last 1 maybe 2 day, and then I can't save for another 7-10 days because it will just bleed ( thick hair )
Suggestions?

#2 Montresor

Montresor

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 August 2020 - 09:34 PM

waxing would be the next best bet.

and i LOL'd at your username ahahahahaha. its so relatable.

Height: 5'2"

HW: 270.0

LW: 165

CW: 207.0

UGW: 99

My accountability: https://www.myproana...-lbs-to-99-lbs/

dsw7YQ.gif

#3 eli_luc

eli_luc

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1626 posts
  • LocationFloating on clouds

Posted 29 August 2020 - 09:54 PM

I second waxing but only if you are comfortable with growing it out to a sufficient length. You dont need to grow it out as much if you use sth like nair, but you also need to be super careful of chemical burns with that stuff and not leave it on too long.

"Whatever they have is something needed to do their work – it wouldn’t help you in your work even if you had it. Their magic is theirs. You don’t lack it. You don’t need it. It has nothing to do with you"

#4 Experiment12696

Experiment12696

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 05:28 AM

I use a guys electric beard trimmer 🙈 I’m Italian and i can’t go shaving my legs( and everything else ) every two days. It keeps me from looking prickly and I use my trusty razor once a week. And also when I shave I use conditioner.
  • Pronameltoothpaste likes this

#5 Wild_Flower_

Wild_Flower_

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1102 posts
  • LocationIn A Better Place

Posted 10 September 2020 - 04:06 PM

I actually just ordered an epilator that’s arriving tomorrow. It’s like a device that instead of cutting the hair it literally pulls it out. Heard it hurts like hell the first time but you get use to it the more you do it. It last just as long as wax and it’s done it home. I can’t wait to try it

CW: 152 pounds

GW1: 140 pounds (New Workout Clothes)

GW2: 130 pounds (New Shoes)

UGW: 120 pounds (New Clothes)

Accountability

https://www.myproana...hout-relapsing/

Selfie Dump-

https://www.myproana...epressing-life/

YouTube Channel-

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

My Life Is A Freak Show

#6 Guest_Barbie The Wire_*

Guest_Barbie The Wire_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:58 PM

I use Silk shaving cream or the dove soap bar and buy the mach razors. They are better than womens razors and the industry usually charges women more for feminine razors.Guys razors often work better.

#7 Guest_Barbie The Wire_*

Guest_Barbie The Wire_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:03 PM

I use Silk shaving cream or the dove soap bar and buy the mach razors. They are better than womens razors and the industry usually charges women more for feminine razors.Guys razors often work better.

#8 UnseelieDreams

UnseelieDreams

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 12:55 AM

waxing and I have gotten lasered as well
<p>Height: 5'1"CW: 117.8 lbs BMI 22.3 HW: 129 lbs BMI 24.4 LW: 103 lbs BMI 19.5 UGW: 90lbs BMI 17

#9 choix

choix

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 11 November 2020 - 02:52 AM

I use an epilator on my legs and arms... But I have to do this every week (unfortunate genetics). When I dont do it for several weeks and it would be a nightmare to epilate,then I use sugar wax, sugar waxing is my absolute fave. On my belly I use tweezers and bleach for places like lady mustache (im really pale). I shave my armpits since there it has never bothered me. Private areas... I shave but plan on going to a professional every month once I can fit it in my budget
  • grapefruit likes this

#10 Loquat

Loquat

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 November 2020 - 01:30 PM

I use an epilator. You don't have to grow the hair out as long as you do with waxing but it still lasts just as long.

5'3.5" | HW: ~135 | SW: 121 | CW/LW: 110 | GW1: 105 | UGW: 99

#11 faeriepuke

faeriepuke

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • Locationst ides heaven, usa

Posted 11 November 2020 - 05:23 PM

wax strips >>>

idk where you live but in the us i like the pink veet ones that are readily available in every grocery/drugstore. they usually get rid of even the shortest hairs and you don't have to warm them up with your hands.

#12 Mareah

Mareah

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 11 November 2020 - 06:07 PM

I also highly suggest an epilator. I’ve been using one for almost a year now and it’s a game changer. Same longevity as waxing but it doesn’t need to grow back as much to be able to touch up. Plus I have way less hair now and what I do have is substantially thinner.

5' hijabi

HW: 223

SW: 152

CW: 127

GW: 85?

#13 MerryGoRound

MerryGoRound

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 04:44 AM

I have quite dark hair on my legs, so even if i shave you can really easily see it kinda through the skin. I started waxing because of that and even though it is painful in the begining i love it know because as i continue doing it semi regulary my hair grows back less strong.
One thing though i have to take care to keep my legs moisturized (dont ask me how to spell this word ^^') otherwise i will get quite some ingrown hairs

#14 The Flower of Carnage

The Flower of Carnage

NAIGHT BUS

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12029 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 November 2020 - 07:02 AM

I find shaving hard with my health issues and with my weight being what it is so I like Veet Sensitive Hair removal cream for my underarms, my legs and arms. I only shave my downstairs.

Tᴀʟ | 25 |Aᴜsᴛʀᴀʟɪᴀ

Lowest BMI: 10.9

Highest BMI: 20+

Current BMI: 12's

tumblr_mnq9nnGReQ1s5bnmao1_500.gif

instagram

ask me stuff

accountability/pics

#15 whiskerz

whiskerz

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2295 posts
  • LocationU.S.-MN

Posted 27 November 2020 - 10:30 PM

I second the hair cream. Nair is fucking nasty and doesn't work for me at all, I got an off-brand one from my dollar store and it works wonderfully and smells much better.

#16 beaker 2.0

beaker 2.0

wildly appropriate whore

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4636 posts
  • Locationthe lab

Posted 28 November 2020 - 12:01 AM

I use a guys electric beard trimmer I’m Italian and i can’t go shaving my legs( and everything else ) every two days. It keeps me from looking prickly and I use my trusty razor once a week. And also when I shave I use conditioner.

i have one too! i find it annoying that they're targeted for men because i think it's really handy, and i'm middle eastern with a lot of thick dark hair it's honestly easier to trim then shave

#17 LittlePaperWings

LittlePaperWings

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 914 posts

Posted 28 November 2020 - 08:58 PM

Late to the post but I recommend sugar waxing over regular waxing
It’s natural, less painful and has great long term results (thinning the hair and making it grow back slower)

tenor.gif?itemid=11257212

HW: 164 lbs
LW: 115 lbs
GW: 100 lbs

#18 widepeepohappy

widepeepohappy

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Locationtwitch chat

Posted 30 November 2020 - 05:03 PM

I just bought an epilator maybe two weeks ago, and god is it so fucking painful lmao. I've never waxed before, only shaved, so maybe that contributes but it's soo painful.. I just need to keep at it I suppose :(

currently sporting a yee yee ass haircut

#19 Mareah

Mareah

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 30 November 2020 - 05:38 PM

I just bought an epilator maybe two weeks ago, and god is it so fucking painful lmao. I've never waxed before, only shaved, so maybe that contributes but it's soo painful.. I just need to keep at it I suppose :(

I’ve been using one for over a year and the thinner the hairs get over time the less it hurts. It’s barely annoying at this point for me. I hope that brings you some consolation lol. And as someone who has waxed before for me epilating is waayyyy more tolerable
  • widepeepohappy likes this

5' hijabi

HW: 223

SW: 152

CW: 127

GW: 85?

#20 Skinnymalinks

Skinnymalinks

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1413 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 03:11 AM

Home lazer! Changed my life. Love it. Expensive but worth it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shave, Wax, Epilator, Anything?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users