Day 11/50 Done - Lockdown 2 - ABC (Original Version) Sticking to Limits - Using Intermittent Fasting & Low Carb - ABC Diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Day 11/50 Done - Lockdown 2 - ABC (Original Version) Sticking to Limits - Using Intermittent Fasting & Low Carb

ABC ABC diet

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationSunnydale, looking for my key

Posted 31 August 2020 - 04:27 PM

Got to the start of week 4 last round - a perfect run up to then, under limit each day.
I binned everything due to butterfly stalking & creepy 'teach me how to starve' DM's - pretty pissed off about nuking everything

I tried going back to Project Shapeshift (too dark) & Accountability here (too full of self pitying normie a-holes/too busy & difficult to navigate) so I've thought about it & I don't see why I have to abandon something I worked hard on for fear of others making themselves ill thru misadventure/misuse of my info/daily logs

I'm going to restart as I've lost all the info from my first 3 weeks & I'm pretty anal about capturing every little thing about each day

Butterfly 'diets' are gross, but ABC is the one I remember from the late 90's,
My ED has always been a coping mechanism for me & I'm going thru a lot of life shit, so the regimented, structured nature of ABC calms me down (I'm type one bipolar)

I quit drinking on June 18th 2020 (not an alkie, just can't afford it/booze gives me migraines these days) & overall (incl 21 days of last ABC) up to today, my loss pre-this round of ABC is:

19.4lb
3.0% fat
4 waist inches

I had lost 26lbs up to mid October, but I regained weight as my activity level plummeted recently - partly shit weather, partly steroids for a bad patch of asthma - hence ditching my intended sensible maintenance & doing this crap again.

I'm posting Fitbit info, but my step count will be shit as the weather has been shocking, plus we're going back into lockdown - oh joy.

I've been following intermittent fasting for about a month which has been pretty interesting - weight was pouring off without much effort, although sugar cravings thanks to steroids fucked that up & I regained 7lbs.

I'm therefore applying the principles of 'The Obesity Code' by Jason Fung for this ABC.

The basic gist is that constantly snacking means your insulin is always being activated & insulin makes you fat.

When you sleep & obviously aren't eating, your insulin drops - after not eating for 12+ hours, your body is like 'shit, there's no glycogen left, let's use this bitch's body fat'

I usually hit 16-18hrs of fasting, then I have a short time to eat before I fast again.

With 'The Obesity Code' it goes a bit further - when you eat, it's basically keto/Atkins with a blanket ban on sugar, etc.

It specifies that you should eat unprocessed meat, bone broth, etc but I'm poor so as long as I'm following low carb (20-50g depending on the ABC calorie limit that day) I don't really care & I'll eat Peperami, cheap peanuts, etc.

There's not really any calorie limit on Obesity Code as the dude's whole ethos is calories don't make you fat, it's sugar, insulin & cortisol that does.

Obviously with ABC, calories do count...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Just some boring CYA stuff now:

- I don't reply to DMs so don't bother
- Requests for 'starvation tips' will be ignored, but laughed at
- I never divulge sw, gw, etc (due to butterflies), never post selfies (due to incels) so don't ask - all you need to know is I'm tall & in the normal BMI range
- Glorificus is not liable for any improper use of the info on this thread
- Glorificus assumes no responsibility for anyone's use of the info in this thread
- Glorificus is not liable for any damages of any type arising in any way out of use of this thread

Tl,Dr:
if you're a 13 y/o wannarexic & black out in Hot Topic & hit your head because you copied my meals so tell your mum on me in some warped 'Starving in Suburbia'-esque fantasy of blaming your idiocy on me (it's happened to people in the wider pro-ana community IRL before, incl real legal action, hence my thread nuking/return but with legalese disclaimer)- it's 100% your issue, not mine

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• This time around, if I'm not hungry on a particular day, I'm not going to force myself to hit the limit that day
  • I'm allowing myself gum/drinks to a MAXIMUM of 25 cals total on fasting days - my bipolar meds cause brutal cotton mouth & last time, fasting days were horrendous with no gum & I was gagging and guzzling water like it was my job. Not great when you're in the middle of a park & have to pee there & then a 1000 times a day.
  • I'll report lbs, fat lost, etc weekly as opposed to daily due to natural fluctuations due to water, etc being demotivating & depressing
  • As before, exercise cals burned have no impact on the limit/intake that day, so no 'net cals' type stuff - if the limit is 200 & I burn 2k, the limit is still 200.

PS:

Apologies if I come across as a snarky bitch, but unfortunately I am a snarky bitch.
I'm also a veteran, diagnosed eating disordered person with a rainbow of other issues, so it's not that I think I'm 'better than you' - trust & believe.

It's that if I could wake up tomorrow 300lbs but blissfully happy, married to Margot Robbie with an army of huge dogs, I would in a heartbeat, hence it annoys & upsets me when normal people deliberately try to induce a brutal, unrelenting mental illness for a couple of weeks to look cute for a party.

That's not the way eating disorders work - I started mine when I was in middle school & Vanilla Ice was topping the charts & now I'm the wrong side of 40 & still just as fucked up as little girl-me. My friends from school are married with teenage kids while I'm still psychologically frozen at 12/13yrs old & it sucks.

I literally just have my eating disorder going for me - I worked hard at school, uni, etc & had a glittering career until it all went to shit due to mental illness.
I'm now living on welfare & should really have spent my teens drinking cider & getting fingered at the bus stop for all the good excessive studying & related development of my ED did me.

Be thankful if you have a job, kids, partner, etc & don't let following ABC bugger that up for you
If you're under 20, your brain is still developing- don't fuck that up thru malnutrition.

If you're hungry/passing out/too tired to go to work/school, the maintenance of your responsibilities & relationship with your loved ones comes first

'Failing' ABC is not as bad as being fired because you messed up at work due to starvation induced brain fog/called in sick because you didn't want to go to an important, all expenses paid working lunch with your dept's new client/got caught purging in a plant pot by your boss at an important conference/burst out crying for no reason in a room of 200 colleagues because your brain is so tired, etc (been there, done that).

Trust me, you don't want this life - if you're a normie/wannarexic & intend to just temporarily flirt with disordered eating via ABC, you might just find yourself stuck here permanently - how much do you think you'll enjoy that party you dieted for if you're now too terrified of the nibbles/big family dinner/cocktails & either spend the event sitting sullen in a corner/nope out of the entire thing in order to do a million star jumps in your bedroom?

if you medically need to lose weight, as in you're legitimately deemed overweight/obese/morbidly obese by your GP, eat a minimum of 1200 cals a day, walk a minimum of 10k steps a day & get on with your life

My advice re: walking is to get the bulk of your target steps done first thing in the morning - it means you can't nope out of it when you're tired & just want to chill after work/school. Exercising outside first thing can nuke your appetite too (it's a hunger hormone thing).

You can also eat more if you do 10k steps a day & lose a decent amount of weight with very little restriction of calories - my Fitbit wants me to eat 1600 cals based on my activity levels & that's on the 'really hard' weight loss target setting (normal BMI) - essentially eating my BMR (calories you burn being alive, even if you're in a coma). You don't need to starve yourself - 2lbs a week is easily done on 1200-1500 cals, with or without (non insane levels of) exercise

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Click day number for log

(don't bother scrolling thru this thread as there's heaps of old deleted posts)

Supplements/meds for duration of ABC

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week One

Day 1 - 490/500
Day 2457/500

Day 3 - 291/300

Day 4399/400

Day 599  /100

Day 6164/200
Day 7286/300

Week One Summary/Review

XLfyomO.png

(cals burned = BMR+exercise)
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week Two

Day 8 -   400/400
Day 9     423/500
Day 10 -   42/fast
Day 11 - 135/150

Day 12 - xxx/200
Day 13
Day 14

Week Two Summary/Review

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Week Three

Day
Day
Day
Day
Day
Day
Day

Week Three Summary/Review

Week Four

Day
Day
Day
Day
Day
Day
Day

Week Four Summary/Review

Week Five

Day
Day
Day
Day
Day
Day
Day

Week Five Summary/Review

Week Six

Day
Day
Day
Day
Day
Day
Day

Week Six Summary/Review

Week Seven

Day
Day
Day
Day
Day
Day
Day

Week Seven Summary/Review

• ......... and Cataline like this

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

“You should stay away from your potential. I mean, that is something you should leave absolutely alone! You’ll mess it up! It’s potential, leave it!

And anyway, it’s like your bank balance, you know – you always have much less than you think. Leave it as the locked door within yourself and then at least, in your mind, the interior will always be palatial; wonderful, gleaming marble floors, brocaded drapes, mullioned windows covered in mullions whatever they are.

Flamingos serving drinks, pianos shooting out canapes into the mouths of elegant men and women.

Don’t open the door. Because it won’t be like that.

All you’re going to see will be one tiny, grey, starveling little cat with diarrhoea, sitting on a mattress-less iron-sprung bed with its huge eyes mewing at you,

Smoking as well, probably.

As an emphysemic landlady untangles her pop socks in the background, and some terrible guy the colour of an aubergine rounds the corner holding a mug of beef tea wearing a string vest.

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#2 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 06:22 AM

taken offline, see first post for reason

• snork likes this

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

“You should stay away from your potential. I mean, that is something you should leave absolutely alone! You’ll mess it up! It’s potential, leave it!

And anyway, it’s like your bank balance, you know – you always have much less than you think. Leave it as the locked door within yourself and then at least, in your mind, the interior will always be palatial; wonderful, gleaming marble floors, brocaded drapes, mullioned windows covered in mullions whatever they are.

Flamingos serving drinks, pianos shooting out canapes into the mouths of elegant men and women.

All you’re going to see will be one tiny, grey, starveling little cat with diarrhoea, sitting on a mattress-less iron-sprung bed with its huge eyes mewing at you,

As an emphysemic landlady untangles her pop socks in the background, and some terrible guy the colour of an aubergine rounds the corner holding a mug of beef tea wearing a string vest.

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#3 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 03:36 PM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#4 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 02 September 2020 - 01:45 PM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#5 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 11:49 AM

• snork likes this

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#6 Sky~and~Earth

Sky~and~Earth

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 03 September 2020 - 05:49 PM

Huh, I didn't know glucosamine was good for the heart. I take it for a bad knee.

And your food pictures look great, you have a lot of interesting foods and tea. Kinda making me want to do ABC again lol.

• Glorificus likes this

5'6"

sw: 206 (sep 1)

cw: 189.8

lw: 163 (7/9/13)

tumblr_old8zpMKxG1w5ter0o1_500.gif

#7 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 03 September 2020 - 08:59 PM

Huh, I didn't know glucosamine was good for the heart. I take it for a bad knee.

And your food pictures look great, you have a lot of interesting foods and tea. Kinda making me want to do ABC again lol.

Yep, apparrently glucosamine HCL is the one that covers joints & other things like heart health

ABC has been pretty easy so far - got my 100 cal day Friday, but I've preplanned all my mini meals for the day, so should be fine

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#8 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 September 2020 - 12:58 PM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#9 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 05 September 2020 - 01:07 PM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#10 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 06 September 2020 - 01:02 AM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#11 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 01:58 AM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#12 lightest.breeze

lightest.breeze

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Locationanother dimension

Posted 07 September 2020 - 10:22 AM

Apparently, the first pounds are water weight and muscle mass mostly. Fat get burned last ( from the 5th day on average and onwards) , since the body knows that he have to save on his protein stores. At least this is what I've been taught. And you're doing amazing !
  • Glorificus likes this
" The day I fell without my wings ,
Those dark days where I was trapped,
You should've ended me
when you had the chance."

regained weight lost : 

my accountability

#13 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 11:09 AM

Apparently, the first pounds are water weight and muscle mass mostly. Fat get burned last ( from the 5th day on average and onwards) , since the body knows that he have to save on his protein stores. At least this is what I've been taught. And you're doing amazing !

Aww thanks!

Yep, first 7lbs (average) of anyone's weight loss is from shedding your emergency glucose/glycogen that's stored in your liver & that stuff is bound to water that gets released as the emergency store is burned off, hence I always pee like a racehorse whenever I start a diet, lol!

I'd been restricting (1000/1200 cals) from mid-June before doing this current ABC, kinda part of my quitting booze health kick, so had already lost about 13lbs by the Monday I started this, so I think it might be legit weight coming off

Really pleased with how relatively easy ABC has been (so far!)
  • lightest.breeze likes this

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#14 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 02:48 AM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#15 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 02:01 AM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#16 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:16 PM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#17 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 10:14 PM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#18 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 12 September 2020 - 01:41 AM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#19 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 02:15 AM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#20 English_Rose

English_Rose

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:11 AM

Congratulations on making it this far! I am jealous of your success and hope to be like you with your discipline. 

• Glorificus likes this

Highest weight : 145

Current weight : 135

GW1: 135 

GW2: 130

GW3: 125

GW4: 120

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ABC, ABC diet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users