Day 11/50 Done - Lockdown 2 - ABC (Original Version) Sticking to Limits - Using Intermittent Fasting & Low Carb - Page 2 - ABC Diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Day 11/50 Done - Lockdown 2 - ABC (Original Version) Sticking to Limits - Using Intermittent Fasting & Low Carb

ABC ABC diet

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts
  • LocationSunnydale, looking for my key

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:56 AM

Congratulations on making it this far! I am jealous of your success and hope to be like you with your discipline. 

Aww thank you!

It's honestly been really easy (apart from the, thankfully all gone, constipation, lol)

Just spend your calorie limits on bulky, naturally low cal things - eg, you can eat 100g of mushrooms for 17cal, etc

I make most stuff into a big pot of soup that I pick at over the day - anything liquid & warm is very filling & it's super easy to just chuck a load of suff in a pot & leave it to simmer

I weigh & measure everything - either with a digital scale or measuring spoons & anything snacky is weighed, portion goes into a bowl & the packet is clipped shut & put away

I also use kids cutlery & crockery - largely because they're cute, but also because they're small, so visually, it feels like you're eating more than you actually are

Been eating disordered for decades (100% do not recommend), so I know all the sad little tricks, lol

• English_Rose and hollow-moon like this

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

“You should stay away from your potential. I mean, that is something you should leave absolutely alone! You’ll mess it up! It’s potential, leave it!

And anyway, it’s like your bank balance, you know – you always have much less than you think. Leave it as the locked door within yourself and then at least, in your mind, the interior will always be palatial; wonderful, gleaming marble floors, brocaded drapes, mullioned windows covered in mullions whatever they are.

Flamingos serving drinks, pianos shooting out canapes into the mouths of elegant men and women.

Don’t open the door. Because it won’t be like that.

All you’re going to see will be one tiny, grey, starveling little cat with diarrhoea, sitting on a mattress-less iron-sprung bed with its huge eyes mewing at you,

Smoking as well, probably.

As an emphysemic landlady untangles her pop socks in the background, and some terrible guy the colour of an aubergine rounds the corner holding a mug of beef tea wearing a string vest.

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#22 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 01:50 AM

taken offline, see first post for reason

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

“You should stay away from your potential. I mean, that is something you should leave absolutely alone! You’ll mess it up! It’s potential, leave it!

And anyway, it’s like your bank balance, you know – you always have much less than you think. Leave it as the locked door within yourself and then at least, in your mind, the interior will always be palatial; wonderful, gleaming marble floors, brocaded drapes, mullioned windows covered in mullions whatever they are.

Flamingos serving drinks, pianos shooting out canapes into the mouths of elegant men and women.

All you’re going to see will be one tiny, grey, starveling little cat with diarrhoea, sitting on a mattress-less iron-sprung bed with its huge eyes mewing at you,

As an emphysemic landlady untangles her pop socks in the background, and some terrible guy the colour of an aubergine rounds the corner holding a mug of beef tea wearing a string vest.

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#23 English_Rose

English_Rose

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 September 2020 - 02:57 AM

wow 14 lbs so far sooo jealous.. I'm at the beginning of day 4 (it's technically because it's after midnight)

I'm doing a modified version and doubling the calories but I'd be sooo grateful to lose 14 lbs by the end of this. the soup is a really good idea I will try it ! 

• Glorificus and hollow-moon like this

Highest weight : 145

Current weight : 135

GW1: 135 

GW2: 130

GW3: 125

GW4: 120

#24 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:44 AM

wow 14 lbs so far sooo jealous.. I'm at the beginning of day 4 (it's technically because it's after midnight)

I'm doing a modified version and doubling the calories but I'd be sooo grateful to lose 14 lbs by the end of this. the soup is a really good idea I will try it ! 

I'm sure you'll do great - don't put yourself under heaps of pressure, just do what feels comfortable

Main thing is to keep active & eat mainly 'real' food like veg, fruit, good protein sources, etc rather than processed stuff (a little bit of junk food is fine as a treat tho)

Way more filling & cheaper too

xxx

• English_Rose likes this

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#25 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 15 September 2020 - 01:41 AM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#26 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 01:22 AM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#27 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 16 September 2020 - 11:59 PM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#28 English_Rose

English_Rose

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:30 AM

Wow you have made such amazing progress! I am seriously impressed. I am on day 6, still not weight loss (although I doubled the calories because I'm not good at restricting) 

• Glorificus and hollow-moon like this

Highest weight : 145

Current weight : 135

GW1: 135 

GW2: 130

GW3: 125

GW4: 120

#29 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 17 September 2020 - 08:21 AM

Wow you have made such amazing progress! I am seriously impressed. I am on day 6, still not weight loss (although I doubled the calories because I'm not good at restricting) 

Aww thank you!

I wouldn't stress too much about what the scales say - I stopped doing daily weights as natural fluctuations (water, partially digested food in your colon, etc) skews things & can be super demotivating

I measure my waist every day & then weigh in on Sunday mornings - inch loss is a way better way to assess genuine loss

I downloaded my MFP archive and was really surprised that a year or so ago, I was 20lbs lighter than I am now, but my waist was bigger!

I can only assume it's a muscle mass thing (I walk a fair bit each day, but back then I did sod all)

If you log in everything you eat & drink (I put everything in my MFP, even if it's a 1/4 teaspoon of soy sauce or something), you can track calories in & subtract it from your BMR/TDEE (calories you burn in daily life)

This is a good tool to find out how many cals a day you need to lose a certain amount of weight in a certain number of days

This one is fabulous too - tells you how many calories your body burns, so you know how many to cut out, and you can set your activity to comatose if you want to! ('sedentary' is such a vague term)

I got myself a 2nd hand FitBit super cheap & it's a great motivator - the app is awesome and all the stats about my day appeal to my nerdy side.

Worth having a look on Ebay for one (don't bother with ropey knock offs as they suck - I wore my FitBit & my old knockoff at the same time to check, and the knockoff was wildly wrong),

Something else to consider is quiting alcohol (if you drink, that is)

Today is day 90 booze free for me  - not an alkie, it was just a being over 40 & fed up of worsening hangovers thing. I lost a heap of weight prior to doing this ABC, purely on 1000-1200 cals a day & no booze

You'll do fab - dont be so hard on yourself xxx

• English_Rose and lightest.breeze like this

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#30 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 01:57 AM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#31 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 12:48 AM

• hollow-moon likes this

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#32 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 01:27 AM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#33 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:43 AM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#34 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 08:27 AM

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#35 lightest.breeze

lightest.breeze

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Locationanother dimension

Posted 22 September 2020 - 05:35 PM

Seriously, just move to accountability w/ everyone else. I swear I stopped receiving DMs ever since. I agree that those who call themselves "butterflies" can be annoying, but I'm more pitying them (not in a bad or mean way ), because deep inside they might be at least as sick as we're.

• Glorificus likes this
" The day I fell without my wings ,
Those dark days where I was trapped,
You should've ended me
when you had the chance."

regained weight lost : 

my accountability

#36 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 03:37 AM

Seriously, just move to accountability w/ everyone else. I swear I stopped receiving DMs ever since. I agree that those who call themselves "butterflies" can be annoying, but I'm more pitying them (not in a bad or mean way ), because deep inside they might be at least as sick as we're.

Yep, I'm not sure of the number of posts, but you have to be a fairly established member to view Accountability

There's not just the issue of butterflies & no-avatar uber newbies, but there's also incels who download body check selfies to roast on their sad little forums & there's folk on Reddit who screenshot & roast MPA members too (largely in r/fatlogic r/fatpeoplestories as they view us as essentially the other side of the same coin)

It was kids contacting me for 'tips and tricks' & saying they were replicating my meal photos, MFP grams of certain foods, etc to the letter that creeped me out.

I can't remember the full saga, but there was a situation years ago where some kid got seriously ill & the parents found pro ana sites on the kid's laptop & basically went after folk who'd interacted with her, so I got spooked

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#37 lightest.breeze

lightest.breeze

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Locationanother dimension

Posted 23 September 2020 - 05:44 AM

Yep, I'm not sure of the number of posts, but you have to be a fairly established member to view Accountability

There's not just the issue of butterflies & no-avatar uber newbies, but there's also incels who download body check selfies to roast on their sad little forums & there's folk on Reddit who screenshot & roast MPA members too (largely in r/fatlogic r/fatpeoplestories as they view us as essentially the other side of the same coin)

It was kids contacting me for 'tips and tricks' & saying they were replicating my meal photos, MFP grams of certain foods, etc to the letter that creeped me out.
I can't remember the full saga, but there was a situation years ago where some kid got seriously ill & the parents found pro ana sites on the kid's laptop & basically went after folk who'd interacted with her, so I got spooked

Yeah I totally understand. Stay safe xx
  • Glorificus likes this
" The day I fell without my wings ,
Those dark days where I was trapped,
You should've ended me
when you had the chance."

regained weight lost : 

my accountability

#38 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 05:36 AM

x________________________________________________________________________________________

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#39 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 02:38 AM

x

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

#40 Glorificus

Glorificus

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 951 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 03:49 AM

x

• ......... likes this

That’s your potential"

- Dylan Moran

IxfVu9z.gif

8ewg2dY.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ABC, ABC diet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users