Tips for increased concentration and motivation - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Tips for increased concentration and motivation

Tips Motivation Focus Stress relief

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 frailfeelings

frailfeelings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 07:54 AM

Hi !! so i have important exams coming up soon and i'm struggling to focus and keep motivation. I also find it difficult to stay active and maintain a good diet during stressful times. If anyone has any tips that they've felt helped them (other than the typical "get 8 hours of sleep" ones) during stressful times, please share. Anything is greatly appreciated; i'm still struggling to find what works best for me so really anything would be helpful. 

Thank you in advance !!

• _Stay_Away likes this

#2 MisdirectedMorgan

MisdirectedMorgan

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL, USA

Posted 01 September 2020 - 09:01 PM

Well, it may sound obvious- but try to get into a schedule. Wake up at the same time, have coffee and breakfast at the same, start schoolwork at the same time, take a break to take a short walk (no matter the weather) at the same time, etc etc...
You get the point. Go to bed at the same time. Eat enough good food to give your brain and body energy. If nothing else, go for a walk around the block.
Just something simple we don’t think about much- can have a HUGE impact on our lives.
Good luck! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • tove lo, RedDeer, jinnieglows and 1 other like this

#3 RedDeer

RedDeer

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationOut there somewhere

Posted 04 September 2020 - 06:26 PM

10-15 min of yoga or meditation at the beginning of the day makes a huge difference for me.

Good luck with your exams!

• frailfeelings likes this

#4 backrolls

backrolls

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:32 AM

fresh air and walks do wonders for me, no matter my mood. really good after a study session!

sometimes you just have to really force yourself to get up and walk, do work, go to the gym, etc. once you get going it'll be fine, just getting started is hard.

for me putting on some high energy, happy music also helps. listen to something you love while getting ready, walking, just around in your home to bring up your energy :)

also drink water (suuuper cliche, i know, but sometimes you can forget, esp if you are studying!)

• _Stay_Away and frailfeelings like this

Stats (Oct. 9):

height: 164 cm (5'4")

cw: 49.5 kg (109 lbs)

bmi: 18.4

♥♥♥

lw: 34.7 kg (76.5 lbs) bmi: 12.9

hw: 62 kg (136.7 lbs) bmi: 23.1

gw: 47-46 kg (103-101 lbs) bmi: 17.5-17.1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Tips, Motivation, Focus, Stress relief

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users