September check-in thread, pumpkin spice edition - Page 3 - Age 40+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

September check-in thread, pumpkin spice edition

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2509 posts
  • LocationUpper Midwest...where it's cold

Posted 17 September 2020 - 09:41 AM

Well I still have a bit to lose (dunno my goal, not weighing anyway rn) but I swear these pants fit better. They’re stretchy jeggings and there’s def room in the waist.

Also have on a sweater bc already cold. Less jazzed about that part and the return of raynauds. RIP my hands
  • shannie likes this

I ramble online at Carrots In My Carryon

#42 Tinyhiney2

Tinyhiney2

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationThe Freezing Cold Midwest--gag!

Posted 18 September 2020 - 09:29 AM

Hey guys. The bf spent last night in the hospital and they wouldn't let me in with this Covid thing going on, so the only place I could wait was the Waffle House across the street. I caved and ate like a cow. Ugh. I went backwards, but at least not all the way back to start.

SW: 156.8
CW: 155.4
GW1: 143
GW2: 132
UGW: 125
  • shannie likes this

Wine monos are bad, wine monos are bad, wine monos are bad!

#43 LessIsless

LessIsless

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 10:11 AM

Hi, just checking in a bit. I read here a lot and you seem to be really lovely ladies. I am always surprised that I am not alone doing this shit at my age. I am in a stress-and-binge mode lately and just hate myself for it.
Tinyhiney2, I hope your bf is ok!
  • thinstrument and shannie like this

#44 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2509 posts

Posted 18 September 2020 - 11:01 AM

Aw I hope BF is ok?

I wish I was less pear-shaped. Flab on the bottom. Boo
  • shannie likes this

#45 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2062 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 18 September 2020 - 04:19 PM

Hey guys. The bf spent last night in the hospital and they wouldn't let me in with this Covid thing going on, so the only place I could wait was the Waffle House across the street. I caved and ate like a cow. Ugh. I went backwards, but at least not all the way back to start.
SW: 156.8
CW: 155.4
GW1: 143
GW2: 132
UGW: 125

Hope he’s alright, hugs xo

Thinstrument....I’m the opposite....I’m flabby on the top and thinner on the bottom, like an inverted triangle! I hate having jiggly “grandma” arms....if I could get surgery on just one part of my body it would def be my arms!!!!!!!
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#46 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2062 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 18 September 2020 - 10:21 PM

Well, I blew it. Ate 240 over my calorie limit. It’s the first unplanned cheat day I’ve had in a long time...840 total. I really can’t afford to get off track. Crap.
Xo
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#47 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2509 posts

Posted 19 September 2020 - 03:27 PM

Farmer's market - cauliflower, onions, ground cherries.  Corn is done. 

I got a free head of purple cauliflower too! 

Also went to Costco and my thighs didn't bong together as I zipped through the aisles

#48 Tinyhiney2

Tinyhiney2

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 07:10 AM

Hey guys. Thanks for the well wishes for the bf. He's kind of a drama queen, so idk how bad it really is. But he's set to get a colonoscopy and endoscopy this week. Isn't getting older grand? Lol. So, yeah, I was off track the last couple of days. I lived on 6"turkey subs and wine Friday and Saturday. Have to go to his mum's today for the football game, so that will be chili (no crackers) and wine. I hate it, but I'm going to have to lay off the wine to get my weight off. Sigh. It's the simple pleasures I look forward to, but oh well. Hope you have a great day, lovelies.
SW:156.8
CW:154.0
GW1:143
GW2:132
UGW:125
  • thinstrument likes this

#49 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2509 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 07:44 PM

he's set to get a colonoscopy and endoscopy this week.

ask him if the probes meet in the middle. LOL

(they don't but I love asking)

• Tinyhiney2 likes this

#50 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2509 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 08:49 AM

I mad chicken paprikash with some really old sun dried tomatoes I found in my pantry (I hate wasting food and they seemed to be fine so)

Made a lovely batch of cauliflower lime curry with wild rice Id frozen. That will be 2 dinners this week.

Drinking coffee and heading into a budget meeting ugh snore

#51 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2509 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 09:54 AM

Good morning. Had a 2hr budget meeting yesterday and survived. Was also extra hungry yesterday for who knows why

Wearing a skirt that I swear hav been much tighter in the past. And this AM I cleaned my scale but didn’t step on it. (One of the cats retched a hairball on it. Feeling the irony)

#52 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2509 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 09:12 AM

Hi pals. I have a ripe papaya to eat today. That’s gonna be dinner.

Leftover curry for lunch also. (Cauliflower lime curry. It’s good honestly but needs a ton of salt)

Not as thin today. Thighs are not cooperating with the plan.

Also my food tasted “off” last night - a couple different things. Pondered for a minute whether it was Covid but I’m fine today so maybe not
  • shannie likes this

#53 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2509 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 10:07 AM

Welcome back to the Kate show. LOL where y’all at?

So my FIL recently was put into hospice and today we got a call that he is slipping. The hubs in en route; I’m on cat-feeding duty until we know more. The kids are in school and the step grandkids are 1000 miles away and because COVID we cant just go HUG THEM

Ugh. I’m sad. FIL really took my son under his wing when I married my spouse and they bonded over fishing.... He’s my FIL’s favorite despite being the step-grandkid. He and MIL fully accepted new grandkids and I’m just so sad about this.
  • Tinyhiney2 and shannie like this

#54 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2062 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 24 September 2020 - 12:15 PM

Welcome back to the Kate show. LOL where y’all at?
So my FIL recently was put into hospice and today we got a call that he is slipping. The hubs in en route; I’m on cat-feeding duty until we know more. The kids are in school and the step grandkids are 1000 miles away and because COVID we cant just go HUG THEM
Ugh. I’m sad. FIL really took my son under his wing when I married my spouse and they bonded over fishing.... He’s my FIL’s favorite despite being the step-grandkid. He and MIL fully accepted new grandkids and I’m just so sad about this.

I’m so sorry, thin. He sounds like a very special person who had a really positive impact on your family.
Xo
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

#55 Tinyhiney2

Tinyhiney2

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:33 AM

Wow, Thin, you're dealing with a lot. So sorry to hear that.

As for me, I saw the ex. My bf is convinced the ex wants me back. I'm not. The ex said my FIL is playing games with my head. Then the ex and my bf talked, never a good thing. Not sure where I stand with the bf. Frankly, I still love my ex. It's complicated.

#56 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2509 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:35 AM

Thanks. He is. DS and him would go fishing together and spend all afternoon cleaning the fish...they really bonded. The hubs has 2 boys but they’ve never been into anything except video games - so DS and FIL were tight.

FIL was hallucinating (cancer is in brain now too) and it’s rough to see this. 💔

Yesterday though I am certain my pants were getting looser- I know 100% when I bought them I was considering sizing up as they were a touch snugger than I thought was decent. Now they’re really comfy and the snug sweater I had on was loose too. I suspect it’s all in my head and as soon as the dryer hits ‘em I’ll be fat again. But for now it feels like progress.

Hope everyone is doing OK.
  • shannie likes this

#57 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2509 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:37 AM

Tiny, we cross posted. Ugh relationship drama is exhausting. You said you don’t know where you stand with bf - could he be using this delusion of the ex wanting you back to pick a fight/create distance? That’s totally a dude thing (ironic bc they SAY “no drama” yet ...)

Hugs!

#58 Tinyhiney2

Tinyhiney2

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 08:44 AM

Thanks, Thin. I don't think so. I've been the problem, not the bf. I've been wine fasting and that never goes well.
Long stories.

#59 thinstrument

thinstrument

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2509 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 12:16 PM

Checking in.  The hubs is helping MIL while FIL continues to deteriorate. 

When COVID hit we lost our house cleaner (first world privilege problem haha) and I decided if we each spent an hour a week cleaning, we'd be able to keep it reasonably maintained....That was actually a little more cleaning than we really needed (I really need a Roomba for the endless cat hair)

Last night I did much of "his" share and also washed all the stepsons' bedding and their laundry (which normally is his to do bc they're his kids, right?) and remade the beds, took out all the trash....today I'll vacuum and sweep the wood, maybe light mop the floors.  It's not much but it's something I can do.  Should prob mow just to start mulching the leaves down but it looks like rain....

I went to the farmer's market...small haul today due to the uncertainty of the week.  Before I clean the kitchen I'm making Spicy Carrot Soup in the instant pot - I have a purple onion from last week and bought some carrots.  Also got tomatoes and had baked tomatoes with eggs for brunch (hollow out tomatoes, s&p, bake 400 for 20m.  Crack in an egg, bake 6m, top w vegan cheese and broil to melt it.)  Filling meal for roughly 300 calories give or take. 

I also bought cookies made with cricket flour.  Feeling strong enough to have 2 for breakfast each day until they're gone.  We will see.  (Crickets are sustainable protein, high iron also, and they don't taste weird at all, I promise)

• shannie likes this

#60 shannie

shannie

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2062 posts
  • LocationDown South

Posted 26 September 2020 - 02:23 PM

Gotta look up cricket flour now!

I’m always looking for new protein sources. I’ve been a veggie for about 20 years or so and know I don’t get nearly enough. Been eating a lot of edamame recently...I buy it frozen and zap it for a couple minutes in the microwave then sprinkle with course sea salt and it satisfies my craving for a salty treat while watching tv.

I lost another pound since Thursday? My body’s weird. I went two weeks and lost nothing and now 1 pound in two days?
At this rate I’ll hit my goal for sons wedding in December! ❤️

Splurging on candy corn tomorrow lol....got a strange craving for it so it’ll be my football snack!
xo
Ht. 5'3"
CW 79
BMI 14

LW 78
GW ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users